2 Pages V   1 2 >  
To The Instructors, (and anyone else interested)
carminemarotta
Jan 25 2012, 03:44 PM
GMC:er
Dear Instructors
is any of you following Ben Higgins and planning a kind of classroom? I really need an instructor who can follow me and give me assignment and so on. I know it is one of my limit (I have plenty of them!) but I need someone who can guide me in my pop/blues/rock love of guitar.

Thanks for listening
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
hey Carmine! smile.gif I am currently leading the following activities

- Weekly video chat sessions on modes - we tackle each mode in two sessions and you can see all the details such as tabs, assignments and backing tracks, here: V-chat Sessions on Modes

- Cosmin's Licks Workshop - give it a try if you need to learn a short lick each week, with assignments and backing tracks plus personal feedback.

If you feel like you would like to discuss about other things, let me know anyway wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 26 2012, 10:53 AM
GMC Founder
....aaaand this answer is YES!!

We are currently experimenting with ways to improve the instructional value of our forum.

As you might have noticed both Ben, Ivan and Cosmin are testing different ways of doing mentoring on their boards. Instructors are also working on improving the planning and value of their video chats.

The most appreciated experiment will be the ones we go for - and it currently looks like Ben's mentoring model is going to be a success!

I am sure you guys have many other ideas on what instructors can do to help you better, or just to make your stay at GMC more pleasant. Please tell us about it - you know better than anyone else what the site needs!

So please tell us anything that's on your mind - and don't be afraid to ask for really "big" things, you'll be surprised what you can get if you only ask! smile.gif

PS You can also send me a pm with your suggestions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 28 2012, 08:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
LOVE it here!! My only suggestion would be.....

-Collabs!! I love the collabs and would love to see just a few more to get involved in.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 26 2012, 01:53 AM) *
....aaaand this answer is YES!!

We are currently experimenting with ways to improve the instructional value of our forum.

As you might have noticed both Ben, Ivan and Cosmin are testing different ways of doing mentoring on their boards. Instructors are also working on improving the planning and value of their video chats.

The most appreciated experiment will be the ones we go for - and it currently looks like Ben's mentoring model is going to be a success!

I am sure you guys have many other ideas on what instructors can do to help you better, or just to make your stay at GMC more pleasant. Please tell us about it - you know better than anyone else what the site needs!

So please tell us anything that's on your mind - and don't be afraid to ask for really "big" things, you'll be surprised what you can get if you only ask! smile.gif

PS You can also send me a pm with your suggestions.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 28 2012, 08:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 28 2012, 08:12 PM) *

-Collabs!! I love the collabs and would love to see just a few more to get involved in.

Check out this thread : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=41549

There are some links to currently active collabs.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 28 2012, 08:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ben's mentoring course is an awesome idea, and the chats are also really great.
I love the fact that almost all chats have a certain topic and lesson notes now, this makes it much easier to prepare for it, and more important to practice the stuff afterwards. This is a huge plus and I suggest all instructors should do it this way smile.gif
+1 to the collab idea, we can never have to many of them.

If possible, a few more competitions would also be nice, but I don't know how much stuff you guys can give away... smile.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2012, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 28 2012, 04:12 PM) *

Hey friend! Let me invite you to my new collab called "Power Metal Solo": ENTER HERE

I'm also needing some of you guys recording yourself singing the chorus for this youtube video collab!

GMC HIT!

smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2012, 10:15 PM
Todd here smile.gif I"m the Saturday Video Chat instructor and I've actually been structuring my lesson plans as a continuous course from Lesson 1 and we are on Lesson 94 now and Fran has put all of them with notes, tabs, downloadables in our spiff wiki!

My focus as an instructor is on picking (alternate/economy) precision and it's by product insane speed. smile.gif

Here is the link to the lesson series in the wiki.

www.bit.ly/twtgmc

we are continuing the series TODAY during the video chat starting in just a bit smile.gif Please do join us!

10pm GMT, 5pm EST.

Practice!
Todd

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jan 25 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Dear Instructors
is any of you following Ben Higgins and planning a kind of classroom? I really need an instructor who can follow me and give me assignment and so on. I know it is one of my limit (I have plenty of them!) but I need someone who can guide me in my pop/blues/rock love of guitar.

Thanks for listening
Carmine

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 29 2012, 12:36 AM
Instructor

Check out this one, it's a simple progression and you have a lot of space for a improvisation smile.gif

Lydian collab !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 29 2012, 11:31 AM
GMC Founder

Good to hear - our aim is one new collab per month for every instructor. That gives us roughly 6 new collabs per month - what do you think about this number?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 29 2012, 11:41 AM
Instructor
If you need any help, I'll be glad to help you with any practice plan suggestions you need. Just let me know.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 29 2012, 11:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 29 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Good to hear - our aim is one new collab per month for every instructor. That gives us roughly 6 new collabs per month - what do you think about this number?

That's a great aim Kris, should be just the right amount smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Jan 29 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone.
This is what I would like to see, if possible. I ask an instructor to do a lesson plan. We discuss it with PM of just in the forum. The instructor give me the plan (the whole plan not just one lesson) so I know what is going to happen and what i should aim to play at the end of the plan. Then I record my take and get answer/suggestion and anything from the instructor. Ideally he/she will do even a short video just for me. I am willing to pay and extra fee for this (and this is important, the instructor should be rewarded for this and must know that I am serious about it)
What do you think? Is there any instructor willing to do?

Ben idea is very similar, only what I need is just a bit more personalized and has a long term path.

THANKS SO MUCH
Carmine

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 29 2012, 01:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 29 2012, 11:31 AM) *

Wow, if that can be achieved - amazing! I really like collabs too, my only suggestion is: more video and less audio collabs. smile.gif
In audio collabs you can't really see the people playing and IMHO the finished results don't have as much "soul" as video collabs. But that's only my point of view smile.gif

Ben's Guitar Bushido is surely going to be a great success (Borat pun not intended), it's indeed very motivating and makes us learn lessons/guitar playing aspects we might not have chosen ourselves while browsing the lessons.

Video chat lesson notes are also very useful, especially if we can't attend the chat but still want to learn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 29 2012, 02:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
+1 to the video collabs! (and everything else smile.gif )

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2012, 03:55 PM
Instructor
I got a new one going on biggrin.gif I want you swarming this thread with takes biggrin.gif

Grunge VS Metal Collab

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 30 2012, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 29 2012, 02:31 AM) *

I think it's great, but as someone else already mentioned.....there can't really be TOO many!! Plus, personally I'm not much of a metal player, so I tend to gravitate towards the less shreddy collabs. BUT, there are some rockin'/metal ones out there RIGHT NOW that I just love the backing track/progression, so I'll throw my own style of shred over it anyway!! cool.gif

Keep it up!! I just wanted to let y'all know that, so far, collabs are one of my personal favorite parts of GMC!!! Well, that and the REC's, and the forum, and the video chats, and the lessons, and the lesson series, and the licks, and the..... you get the point! tongue.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2012, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 29 2012, 05:31 AM) *

Good Plan! I just wrapped my first Collab of the Year, the AWESOME 80's Collab, which we started actually at the end of 2011. But yeah one a month should offer everyone plenty of collabs to pick from!

I like the video collabs too. They are more work to put together, syncing up audio/video, etc. but with some tweaks I think it could be made much easier. For example, when posting a video collab take, it's important to start the recording at 0 with the song in the timeline so that they line up in the timeline. It's possible to work around it of course, just helps. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2012, 09:32 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 30 2012, 10:30 PM) *
I think it's great, but as someone else already mentioned.....there can't really be TOO many!! Plus, personally I'm not much of a metal player, so I tend to gravitate towards the less shreddy collabs. BUT, there are some rockin'/metal ones out there RIGHT NOW that I just love the backing track/progression, so I'll throw my own style of shred over it anyway!! cool.gif

Keep it up!! I just wanted to let y'all know that, so far, collabs are one of my personal favorite parts of GMC!!! Well, that and the REC's, and the forum, and the video chats, and the lessons, and the lesson series, and the licks, and the..... you get the point! tongue.gif

Thanks for the input - I like where this is going!

It makes sense to try and make the ongoing collabs a diverse as possible. So ideally we would have collabs in 6 different genres (and possibly also different difficulty levels) going on at the same time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 31 2012, 11:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Just to put my 2 cents in - I'm injoying working on lessons together with other students. The discussion on how to practice certain riffs e.t.c is great and has made light bulb moments for me. I'm Following Ben's lesson's at the mo (beginner) but also looking at discussion on intermediate and advanced. I find it's breaking the lesson down more than what's in the original lesson! Cheers Kris for pushing GMC to infinity and beyond.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:12 PM