3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Christmas Is A Time For Family, Friends, And...
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 06:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Presents.

Yes my friends, Christmas time is nearing us again. I loathe to even speak of christmas before thanksgiving, considering I hate the fact that as soon as the pumpkin patches for halloween are gone, tree lots spring up and all the department stores decorate with lights and trees and I suppose I'm just a grinch until after thanksgiving has passed. But in this case, I've realized how much stuff I want this year. And how greedy I am this year, compared to the last few years where I hardly wanted anything. So lets see what GMC wants for Christmas slash whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate this winter (I don't see why, even if you don't celebrate anything, you should not want things anyway biggrin.gif)! A few things on my list:

Wacom Intuos 6x8 computer tablet. I really need something for editing and digital art stuff on my computer besides a mouse.

SOME kind of SLR camera, I've been meaning to get a new one ever since my regular digital's screen busted a few months ago, so I haven't been taking pictures since, which sucks.

I need a good microphone for mic'ing my amp.

I also need some good software for making my own backing tracks. Any suggestions?

What do you want?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 8 2007, 06:57 AM
GMC:er
That Wacom tablet looks sweet, now i want one laugh.gif

But I also have a huge list of things I want, although I wont get most of it.

If anything though...

This is all I would want if I were to get it (which I wont)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...dtop?sku=514376

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 06:59 AM
Learning Roadie
I doubt I'd get everything on my list either, just naming some stuff I'd love.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 8 2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I wish I got everything I asked for, except for the fact that my grandmother spent $10,000 dollars on me last year but that was also because I had to have 3 surgerys around that time too. It was actually over the period of 2 months.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2007, 07:02 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I wish for peace on earth

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 8 2007, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 7 2007, 11:02 PM) *
I wish for peace on earth

+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 07:04 AM
Learning Roadie
That'd be a fun present to unwrap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 8 2007, 07:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My wife and I now a days give each other a token present and instead concentrate attention on our little one.

She would like and in no particular order:

A puppy (Agreed but not found the right one yet);
A kitten (one of her cats is pregnant and she wants to keep one of the kittens);
A Polly Pocket Treehouse Hotel;
A Rumble in the Jungle board game;
A Nintendo DS;
An Ipod shuffle.

She's still adding to the list though but she accepts with good grace that she might not get all that she wants.
She's also donated a lot of her old toys to Santa to redistribute to other children smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

ps my wife's idea of a token present this year is an IPod with docking bay and external speakers rolleyes.gif . Guess mine will still be a book unsure.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2007, 07:12 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 AM) *
That'd be a fun present to unwrap.

More difficult to wrap. Sorry to ruin your thread, now back to the presents that fits under a tree biggrin.gif

I hope I will get that hanger my eldest (7 yrs) has been working on in the woodwork lesson like forever...

...and I hope I'll get to see the terror in the kids eyes one more year when I step in dressed as santa. That will be gift enough for me.

...or will I bedressed as a pirate this year? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 8 2007, 07:16 AM

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 8 2007, 07:14 AM
World Peace

nah

one of these would be nice

what I really need is one of these:

but deep down inside all I really want is one of these

Edited by Tony - image deleted

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Nov 8 2007, 07:24 AM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 8 2007, 07:24 AM
he told Santa that that he wants doggy treats, and no more cats!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2007, 07:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
Since I have Birthday three days before chrismtas I can get some more things so this what i'll get:

...For recording

...for Rocking your socks off; A Marshall Jvm 410 Head and a 1960 Cab!

I hope Santa's not breaking his neck (and my tubes) climbing down the chimney with the 30 kilo cab laugh.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 07:29 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im lucky in that ive bought myself pretty much everything i want with my earnings over the years. Just as well, now i am skint laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wouldnt mind a Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier, but i may have to sell my car to afford that one laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2007, 07:30 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 07:14 AM) *
[ Edited by Tony - image deleted

Well done! And not for the obvious reasons. I was reading the thread and scrolled down to the picture when my wife suddenly appeard behind my back. LOL

That's worth thinking about too, not nice to be caught with dubious pictures at home or at work etc. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 8 2007, 07:30 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 8 2007, 01:29 AM) *
Im lucky in that ive bought myself pretty much everything i want with my earnings over the years. Just as well, now i am skint laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wouldnt mind a Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier, but i may have to sell my car to afford that one laugh.gif laugh.gif

And you are waiting to do that why exactly ???

QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 8 2007, 01:30 AM) *
Well done! And not for the obvious reasons. I was reading the thread and scrolled down to the picture when my wife suddenly appeard behind my back. LOL

That's worth thinking about too, not nice to be caught with dubious pictures at home or at work etc. ohmy.gif

Ouch!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 8 2007, 07:31 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 8 2007, 12:11 AM) *
A puppy (Agreed but not found the right one yet);

May I recommend, a chocolate lab. The one I have is so amazing, I love him so much! Playful, gentle, guardian. It really has all the qualities you could want in a pet. He's dumb as a brick, but my other dog makes up for that! tongue.gif
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 8 2007, 12:24 AM) *
he told Santa that that he wants doggy treats, and no more cats!

Attached Image

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 07:32 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 8 2007, 06:30 AM) *
And you are waiting to do that why exactly ???
Ouch!

because im pretty much in love with my VW Golf GTI biggrin.gif (and im too lazy to walk)

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 8 2007, 07:34 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 7 2007, 10:30 PM) *

True. I'm sorry about that. My message got lost in translation (and my sick sense of humor)

what I was trying to say is.....

Nothing would make my christmas more than finding love wub.gif

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 8 2007, 07:35 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 8 2007, 01:32 AM) *
because im pretty much in love with my VW Golf GTI biggrin.gif (and im too lazy to walk)

Well ... couldn't you get the triple rec and put some wheels on it and use it for transport as well? Just brainstorming some helpful ideas here Matt ... tell me of you think I am off base (or bass even) laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 07:35 AM

This is what I'm eyeing up atm, subject to change of course, I eye up a new thing every minute but yeah laugh.gif As a normally very decisive person guitars just make me hover. huh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:36 AM