Burstbucker Pro Pickups ? (lp)
Scoob
Mar 20 2007, 06:23 AM
GMC:er
I am looking at buying a new guitar.

There is a Gibson Vintage LP for sale with BurstBucker Pro Pickups
Pickup Info on Gibson's Site

I am still looking for advice and these pickups after another questioned what they were.

I am not overly familiar with the Gibson product line, all I know is that I would like one and this one seems to have a good price.
Here is a link to the Guitar LP with Burstbucker Pickups

I appreciate any advice or knowledge that can be passed along.
I do not want to make a bad purchase I will be sorry for. If there are any issues I should be aware of please
let me know. I usually have bad luck with my buying choices, especially with vehicles.

Thanks in advance

Scoob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
fkalich
Mar 20 2007, 07:58 AM
I have two gibsons with those. I like them fine. I would describe them as brighter, more clarity, less bluesy than other gibson humbuckers, such as on my SG Standard or LP Premium Studio. Actually I picked up one of those Mahogany lp's. Interesting sound. But not like other les pauls.

I suggest going to lespaulforum.com. They have been discussed a lot there.

You can also read some pretty reliable reviews on Gibson guitars on that site. A number of us got the Mahogany. For a few days somebody was selling them for $600 with warranty. Only lasted a few days though. A nice gibson for the price is the Studio Les Paul. They were selling for $1,000 a few months back. Now $1,200 again. You know, if you can find a reputable ebay seller (if you know how to judge that), I have seen Les Paul Studio Premiums for as little as $1,000 new. No warranty from Gibson, however some of these dealers are reputable and will guarantee that it will come in like new condition without issues. I can judge if someone is reputable, but I am experienced on ebay. Just read the reviews. You really want to get close to 99% or more favorable reviews. 98% is too low in my view. And write the seller and see what he says. The premium studio is really good looking, AAA flame. And it really sound like a Les Paul. As I said, I like the Mahogany, but it does sound different than other Les Pauls. Again, read the lespaulfourm.com. Also they have dealers that are forum dealers, who will give you a better price than you get on internet. I dealt with Saul at Centre City in San Diego. He sold me a Les Paul 58 reissue, real nice for $2,400 with one day shipping. The internet sites sell them for at least $3,000. I would call him if I bought another one, no question about it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 20 2007, 08:08 AM

+Quote Post
Molgan
Mar 22 2007, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 20 2007, 10:58 AM) *
I have two gibsons with those. I like them fine. I would describe them as brighter, more clarity, less bluesy than other gibson humbuckers, such as on my SG Standard or LP Premium Studio. Actually I picked up one of those Mahogany lp's. Interesting sound. But not like other les pauls.

I suggest going to lespaulforum.com. They have been discussed a lot there.

You can also read some pretty reliable reviews on Gibson guitars on that site. A number of us got the Mahogany. For a few days somebody was selling them for $600 with warranty. Only lasted a few days though. A nice gibson for the price is the Studio Les Paul. They were selling for $1,000 a few months back. Now $1,200 again. You know, if you can find a reputable ebay seller (if you know how to judge that), I have seen Les Paul Studio Premiums for as little as $1,000 new. No warranty from Gibson, however some of these dealers are reputable and will guarantee that it will come in like new condition without issues. I can judge if someone is reputable, but I am experienced on ebay. Just read the reviews. You really want to get close to 99% or more favorable reviews. 98% is too low in my view. And write the seller and see what he says. The premium studio is really good looking, AAA flame. And it really sound like a Les Paul. As I said, I like the Mahogany, but it does sound different than other Les Pauls. Again, read the lespaulfourm.com. Also they have dealers that are forum dealers, who will give you a better price than you get on internet. I dealt with Saul at Centre City in San Diego. He sold me a Les Paul 58 reissue, real nice for $2,400 with one day shipping. The internet sites sell them for at least $3,000. I would call him if I bought another one, no question about it.

I have the burstbucker pro pickups on my Gibson Les Paul standard faded and i agree, they sound brighter then other gibson humbuckers. Kind of a vintage sound, very smooth.

This post has been edited by Molgan: Mar 22 2007, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 AM