New User Introduction
deeaa
May 27 2013, 11:15 AM
GMC:er
Hello all,

I'm a new user from Finland, learning the ropes here :-)

Just to introduce myself briefly, I'm a singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist (and slowly a drummer) who's been active in music since late 80's.

During my 'career' I've been in loads of bands, mostly as a singer and/or guitarist, but also bassist, and I've released a few dozen records and demos etc. over the years. I'm quite active in different collaboration projects, and I guess my 'main band' at the moment is a collab as well, Project-43, with whom I've done three full CD releases (available on Amazon etc.) and soon releasing a fourth, as well as a dozen or so collab videos of cover songs, mostly in 'old skool' heavy genre, Iron Maiden, Accept, etc.

I've a home studio as well, and I've acted as a mixer/producer and session musician now and then, and also I'm pretty much into building guitars and testing gear - all my guitars are self-built actually. But I've of course owned several other brands, from Gibson to Jackson etc.

Looking forward to frequenting here, hopefully learning new things myself and also contributing my experience and tips and tricks the best I can.

Here's a few links of interest, if some of you want to check them out:

My Facebook 'artist page': https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen

Some of my CD releases/projects page: http://deeaa.pp.fi/

My main band pages: http://project-43.com/

My YouTube pages - many amp etc. tests there as well as collab vids: https://www.youtube.com/user/deeaa?feature=guide

Thanks for looking and as you were!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 27 2013, 11:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey man I like your music. The lyrics to soulkill are very good and the music rocks. Your home studio is nice, I been wondetind the basics of soundproofing but ill ask that later in a thread. Welcome to gmc. Gonna give your music some more listen. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 27 2013, 11:52 AM
Instructor
Wellcome to GMC deeaa! Here You can learn but also share some of Your knowlege smile.gif Please don't hesitate to ask or post new topic about some isseues or the solutions for them. You'll soon see the family-like atmosphere here, at GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 27 2013, 12:00 PM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 27 2013, 10:48 AM) *
Hey man I like your music. The lyrics to soulkill are very good and the music rocks. Your home studio is nice, I been wondetind the basics of soundproofing but ill ask that later in a thread. Welcome to gmc. Gonna give your music some more listen. smile.gif

Thanks!

Well, I can give you the short answer to soundproofing right here - the key is to STOP any air movement in and out of the room. Air is what carries the sound. If you hang two thin sheets of plastic for walls and make it airtight, it will hold sound better than a thick wall of fiberglass insulation basically, because the air between the sheets effectively dampens the airwaves.

So make sure all cracks and round the doorframes are sealed with acrylic sealant for instance, and use a double door with twin window rubber seals all over. The threshold is the most difficult often - and that's why I built a riser between the doors, against which the inner door pushes really tightly with rubber seals. Used an old, used school classroom door.

All this means ventilation is a problem...for me, it doesn't matter if sound leaks out to the yard, as long as it doesn't to the rest of the house, so I just open the window to back yard for ventilation when need be. But if you need ventilation, the only solution is to have a long, twisted air duct tube which has several random bends to it so that the airwaves have to collide thru it and get dampened well.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 27 2013, 06:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Deeaa! smile.gif

Really awesome to have you here and thanks for the tips on soundproofing the room - I should definitely do it (or get more furniture smile.gif ).

Do those portable vocal shield help?

Something like :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 27 2013, 07:29 PM
Hey man, welcome! Great voice!

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 27 2013, 08:13 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 27 2013, 05:55 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Deeaa! smile.gif

Really awesome to have you here and thanks for the tips on soundproofing the room - I should definitely do it (or get more furniture smile.gif ).

Do those portable vocal shield help?

Something like :

Ah, you mean more like reducing reflections and echo than stopping the noise from leaving the room? Sure, those work fine. Make the vocal track much drier and immediate sounding. For me the biggest problem always was either noise picked up by the mic (like a cat meowing suddenly in the corridor nearby or just the computer whirring in the background.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2013, 08:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Deeaa! It's great to have you here and very inspiring to surf those links and see you involved in many projects, albums and youtube videos.
Welcome to this amazing community called GMC!

I would also like to invite you to join my new Collaboration "Stoner Rock Collab". If you have some time, it would be cool if you record a solo for it! Check it out here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48887

Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hello from a fellow guitarist and vocalist smile.gif I welcome you among the vast GMC clan! Please take the time to explore the site and of course break the ice with anything that you wish to discuss with us!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 28 2013, 12:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome man! Really cool stuff wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2013, 10:41 PM
Welcome to GMC! That's quite a discography you got there!! Congrats on your spiff home studio setup as well. I"m Todd and I can tell you that this is honestly the most helpful, fun, informative guitar site I've ever found and I"ve searched high and low.

Todd
QUOTE (deeaa @ May 27 2013, 06:15 AM) *
Hello all,

I'm a new user from Finland, learning the ropes here :-)

Just to introduce myself briefly, I'm a singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist (and slowly a drummer) who's been active in music since late 80's.

During my 'career' I've been in loads of bands, mostly as a singer and/or guitarist, but also bassist, and I've released a few dozen records and demos etc. over the years. I'm quite active in different collaboration projects, and I guess my 'main band' at the moment is a collab as well, Project-43, with whom I've done three full CD releases (available on Amazon etc.) and soon releasing a fourth, as well as a dozen or so collab videos of cover songs, mostly in 'old skool' heavy genre, Iron Maiden, Accept, etc.

I've a home studio as well, and I've acted as a mixer/producer and session musician now and then, and also I'm pretty much into building guitars and testing gear - all my guitars are self-built actually. But I've of course owned several other brands, from Gibson to Jackson etc.

Looking forward to frequenting here, hopefully learning new things myself and also contributing my experience and tips and tricks the best I can.

Here's a few links of interest, if some of you want to check them out:

My Facebook 'artist page': https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen

Some of my CD releases/projects page: http://deeaa.pp.fi/

My main band pages: http://project-43.com/

My YouTube pages - many amp etc. tests there as well as collab vids: https://www.youtube.com/user/deeaa?feature=guide

Thanks for looking and as you were!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 31 2013, 04:43 PM
Tone Seeker
Moi !

Menny tämä ihan ohi wink.gif

Tervetuloa - erittäin ystävällinen foorumi.

-Ville-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:30 PM