The Millenium Falcon, Lego construction with video editing
Jim S.
Jul 27 2014, 02:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys recently I made a video about the building of the Lego Millennium Falcon. The Intro I tood a bit of time writing music and making a video for it. I learned a lot about final cut and using effects. It took me so long because I did not know what I was doing. Every two seconds I had to google things like "how to add explosion over background" ect... This work is very fun and cant wait for the next one. My idea is to make an adult version of lego guys playing a comedy skit. Anyways any feedback on the video itself would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lexman
Jul 28 2014, 12:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Jim !

A TMNT tee-shirt ! and legos !!your son is soo cool
If I may ask how old is he? he seems pretty skilled at assembling legos already.
His reaction at 50 sec is hilarious you got him really pumped up laugh.gif

Anyway, good job on the montage your video is entertaining and well rhythmed. The intro sounds nice too smile.gif
The only thing I found that spoiled the video a little is the introductory starwars text that faded and scrolled a bit too quickly for me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 28 2014, 01:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lexman @ Jul 27 2014, 07:34 PM) *
Hi Jim !

A TMNT tee-shirt ! and legos !!your son is soo cool
If I may ask how old is he? he seems pretty skilled at assembling legos already.
His reaction at 50 sec is hilarious you got him really pumped up laugh.gif

Anyway, good job on the montage your video is entertaining and well rhythmed. The intro sounds nice too smile.gif
The only thing I found that spoiled the video a little is the introductory starwars text that faded and scrolled a bit too quickly for me!

Lexman thanks for the reply! That's awesome.

Max is 4 and I have been building Legos with him for so long now. He gets the directions very well and even though he needed guided during the process, he put nearly built 95% by himself. I'm a proud dad and..... I am starting to be relieved of lego construction duty. Secretly I love building them too.

That intro scroll word thing was seriously the worst part ever... Not only could I not get it to show the last most important words but even bringing my cursor near that track element caused an hour of rendering, not kidding. I finally got that and I was ok with leaving it, I did however try fixing it many times.

After making this I learned that A. The movie format was set way too high causing ridiculous rendering times. Also trimming the video's before I drag them to timeline and most importantly using a tripod and shooting longer clips from one angle. Finally having more clean audio during the process. Some really cool things were said but I had music blasting in the background. There were a total of 89 videos that I went through!

+Quote Post
Lexman
Jul 28 2014, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow that's pretty amazing for a 4-year-old! This lego set looks quite advanced.
When I was a kid I loved to play with legos too, I remember being fascinated with middle age,
so I got super excited when I received my very own lego castle set. smile.gif

Video editing seems like a daunting task but very rewarding nonetheless,
I've never really tried it myself but I can imagine what you went through.
In any case, I think you did a great job!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 30 2014, 02:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lexman @ Jul 28 2014, 11:47 AM) *
Wow that's pretty amazing for a 4-year-old! This lego set looks quite advanced.
When I was a kid I loved to play with legos too, I remember being fascinated with middle age,
so I got super excited when I received my very own lego castle set. smile.gif

Video editing seems like a daunting task but very rewarding nonetheless,
I've never really tried it myself but I can imagine what you went through.
In any case, I think you did a great job!

Hey thank you for the kind words man! The amount of video editing I did was on the lowest level amateur. Adding real explosions, using light effects, layering, camera angles ect... Man I have such respect for a quality video. My computer nearly lit on fire adding some effects and it barely played the video during editing.

If you haven't yet try experimenting with your guitar and go from there. It is so fun to do but the only downside is that you start "gassing" for a new genre of equipment.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2014, 04:06 AM
GMC:er
Where were these toys when I was a kid!! WEll done on the vid smile.gif the only note I'd make is on the intro which has the muscle guy beating a tire. Maybe use clips from the actual movie your making? or stills of the falcon? As the the intro makes it look like we are going to watch a muscle vid.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 30 2014, 12:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 29 2014, 11:06 PM) *
Where were these toys when I was a kid!! WEll done on the vid smile.gif the only note I'd make is on the intro which has the muscle guy beating a tire. Maybe use clips from the actual movie your making? or stills of the falcon? As the the intro makes it look like we are going to watch a muscle vid.

Ahhh very good point Todd. I never thought of that. Man I wish I had that would have been a great idea. Darnit! The idea was to have "Sand Mother Studios" it's own segment. Btw that name is my extreme sarcastic side coming out.

I'd like to work on one for my guitar videos. Do you know what I'm talking about?

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 30 2014, 12:34 PM
eheheh loved the video biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 30 2014, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
When I was a little boy my grandma gave the best heartfelt gifts like a Hammer and Bang Caps! I loved smashing anything with a hammer. How about you?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2014, 04:54 AM
Sure smile.gif It's a learn as you go thing ya know? Nice vid to be sure! Go for it as far as guitar vids go! Just dive in and start making some smile.gif They will get better the more of them you make. Like everything else, it takes practice and repetition smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jul 30 2014, 07:05 AM) *
Ahhh very good point Todd. I never thought of that. Man I wish I had that would have been a great idea. Darnit! The idea was to have "Sand Mother Studios" it's own segment. Btw that name is my extreme sarcastic side coming out.

I'd like to work on one for my guitar videos. Do you know what I'm talking about?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:38 PM