Red Hot Chili Peppers- Stadium Arcadium
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 7 2007, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Arcadium_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 10 2009, 03:46 AM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Layzer
Jul 7 2007, 08:44 PM
yeah great album....Readymade is fun to play

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 7 2007, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
AGREE! The Chili Peppers are one of my all time absolute favorite bands.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 7 2007, 08:48 PM
I've never found RHCP lyrics to be that exciting, they're just normal lyrics with the added bonus of the writer being totally drugged up.

Nice review though.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 7 2007, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 7 2007, 11:48 AM) *
I've never found RHCP lyrics to be that exciting, they're just normal lyrics with the added bonus of the writer being totally drugged up.

Nice review though.

Well yes drugs are a sad feature of the Chili's and I guess it would be hard to appreciate the lyrics if you havnt been listening to them for a good period of time smile.gif

But Thanks all , More reviews soon to come smile.gif

-John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 7 2007, 09:00 PM
"Especially in Michigan" and "Wet Sand" from SA are great examples of the Chilis lyrical style. The second song also features a signature Frusciante slow-but-so-melodic solo at the end (like the one Gabriel does in his Frusciante lesson).

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 7 2007, 09:03 PM
Let's clear one thing up...Anthony Kleidis no longer does "drugs" and his lyrics are actually more profound now that hes sober.

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 7 2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah except Especially in Michigan ,the solo was recorded by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of The Mars Volta a guest apperance , playing the guitar solo. RHCP's Flea and John Frusciante have been featured on Mars Volta songs in the past to.

-John smile.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
moorkop
Jul 7 2007, 09:08 PM
since my parents used to listen a lot to californication and by the way, ive always been able to apreciate the peppers smile.gif
but now i've heard all their "old"albums, and i must say i like the style a lot better
ofcourse the music they make now is very advanced in a way, more perfect than their old music
i was kinda hoping for a 2nd blood sugar sex magic, which it didn't turn out to be sad.gif for me atleast

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
GuitarDude
Jul 7 2007, 09:09 PM
I love the guitar in SNOW!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 7 2007, 09:16 PM
The best thing about Stadium Arcadium is that it is one of the FEW albums of more than 10 songs (28) that i can listen to all the way through and love every song. John Frusciante is so distinct from other guitarists in the way his melodic style combined with his Jimi Hendrix influence all makes for one great sounding album. I'm not too sure on the names yet...but there are a bunch of B-Sides that are just as good and should have been on the album.

Old Chili Peppers like Blood Sugar Sex Magik incorporate a much funkier Frusciante and much more use of a Wah pedal. Overall, The Chili's as a band are certainly one of my favorites of all time. cool.gif

I studied all of the Great Songs from most of the Cd's and it is worth looking into good tablature for Frusciante's stuff. (Under The Bridge is great for Rhythm practice)

Flea solos are also worth learning on guitar or bass. wink.gif

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 7 2007, 10:53 PM
Blood, Sex Sugar and Magik is still my all time favorite Chili Pepper Album above Stadium Arcadium, I just thought since Stadium Arcadium is more recent, that Id do that. And yes Under the bridge is one of my all time favorite songs smile.gif

- john

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 7 2007, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
I love the solo on wet sand, one of my favorite solos.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 7 2007, 11:08 PM
I love the solo on Shes Only 18 , I think its 5x better then Wet Sand solo Imo.

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 8 2007, 12:07 AM
Frusciante has admitted that the solo on She's only 18 was totally imnprov randomly recorded during rehearsal and kept on there....so apparently he liked it to!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 8 2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah , Most of there stuff sounds like Improv. , Really good improv tongue.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:55 PM