> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 30 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Oh wow smile.gif I wasn't expecting that smile.gif Ok, shall I put it in REC and start practicing Nr2 then ?

Please do, sir! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 31 2012, 04:55 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Please do, sir! biggrin.gif

I have some bad news for you C-Maestro : After a long and very much needed break from work, I am starting with my work again this week Wednesday (tomorrow). Basically I won't have much time for guitar anymore as in the past several weeks. I will still be here at GMC and still doing lessons and working but not as much as you are used to me doing sad.gif Maybe the good part of this is that you won't have to deal with me as much anymore tongue.gif

My plan is the following: I will keep on working on the Vibrato Odyssey lessons and the Metal Metrics lessons. In the meantime I am working on an insane lesson that has lots of AP, you will be happy when it is over smile.gif But as I said it will from now on take me more time to progress..

In the last two months or so I think I improved a lot in my AP so I am very happy about it. Thanks for all the help smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert! The plan is good man! You know, consistency is the best way to do things smile.gif Just don't stry from your practicing and even if you will post recordings scarcely, they will be better as you will have to take more time to work on them wink.gif

Working with you is an absolute joy, as you are a very ambitious and hard working dude, making a lot of progress! I am looking forward on raising the bar with you, my friend!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Aug 18 2012, 09:14 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hello C-Maestro,

Long time no post from my side. I thought I should update you on what I am up to. Since I started working again after my break, I hardly find any time to play the guitar. It is very busy these days.. But during the time I practice anything I practice the mind blogging string skipping lesson by Muris. I am posting here what I have practiced so far: It is half of the lesson at 130bpm. I need to reach 150bpm with this. It looks impossible at the moment but well, I keep on practicing smile.gif

Here is what I have so far:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2012, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeyy Mert! Wuzzup mate?

Sorry to hear that work is taking your time away sad.gif the take is building up nicely - you know the recipe with speed and accuracy smile.gif Time well spent practicing in the right way will bring the desired results wink.gif

What else is up??

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 2 2012, 07:41 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Not much is up man tongue.gif working like crazy and extremely busy. When not busy, girlfriend demands time with her, so not much time anymore like in the past for guitar playing.. I am planning on spending a bit more time on guitar playing soon I hope.

In any case, here is some improvement on the lesson I have been practicing. I added 2 more bars and I think I am a bit more confident at this speed now. I was the other day able to play this at 140bpm. Still some way to go but I will get there eventually smile.gif

Here we go, at 130bpm still

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Howdy Mert - well, this one is tricky indeed. You still have work to do, even at 130 BPM as there are notes which are not quite there. Mate, tell me, can you play for 30 minutes each day? Trust me it's BETTER to play 30 minutes each day, than 2 hrs one Sunday - I don't know if that's the case, but I'm only trying to help here. I was very happy with the way you had evolved a while ago and I want to keep the ball rolling smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 2 2012, 09:17 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 2 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Howdy Mert - well, this one is tricky indeed. You still have work to do, even at 130 BPM as there are notes which are not quite there. Mate, tell me, can you play for 30 minutes each day? Trust me it's BETTER to play 30 minutes each day, than 2 hrs one Sunday - I don't know if that's the case, but I'm only trying to help here. I was very happy with the way you had evolved a while ago and I want to keep the ball rolling smile.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin smile.gif Thanks for all the help you have given me so far and for trying to help for the future smile.gif Yea I will try to work at least 30 mins a day from now on (or more, maybe even an hour or so) instead of 2 hours on a sunday. Indeed this has been the case for the last month or so.. Let's see what happens then smile.gif

Indeed this is a tricky lesson but I will manage it, I know I can smile.gif I will post better takes in the coming weeks..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Please do so and keep in mind that consistency and correct/ focused practice is the key to everything!

Read Go Rin No Sho - The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi smile.gif no kidding, read it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 12 2012, 08:10 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 2 2012, 08:24 PM) *
Please do so and keep in mind that consistency and correct/ focused practice is the key to everything!

Read Go Rin No Sho - The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi smile.gif no kidding, read it wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin smile.gif

I have been practicing a bit more structurally since we last talked. Still not as much as I would have liked to but getting there smile.gif
I had a look at the book you suggested. Indeed there are many lessons you can take from that book which you can apply to lots of things in life. It is very inspiring. Thanks smile.gif

Here is the latest version of my take of the mind blogging string skipping lesson. Still at 130 bpm. Every time I learn a new part of it, the previous parts become more confident smile.gif Soon I am done learning this and then I can start speeding it up.
Here we go

By the way I was looking at some normal alternate picking stuff after practicing this for so long, and AP without string skipping is now like a childs play biggrin.gif I could so easily play Mojo Oro, I can even play it faster than the tempo at the lesson I think tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
hey Mert! Mojo Oro, faster than it already is? biggrin.gif I got it up to 96% of the actual speed and got bored with it then laugh.gif Writing some music felt better instead tongue.gif

This take shows improvement and I think you convinced me to try it myself biggrin.gif There are still glitches here and there, but you know the drill - practice, practice, practice wink.gif

Glad to know that you have done things steadily, but, what's next on the agenda? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 23 2012, 01:30 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I finally learned the whole lesson. Here is a take at 140bpm. I had to use the original backing track at 150bpm and with garagaband get it down to 140bpm. So the backing may sound a bit weird smile.gif

What it next on agenda: well, after finishing this lesson ready for the REC zone, which will probably take me another month or so, I will concentrate full time on Vibrato and Metal Metrics lessons..

But for now some string skipping smile.gif here we go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 09:11 AM
Instructor
hey Mert! It's building up mate, but it's still blurry smile.gif Can you send me a take at let's say...125 BPM and work up from there? The plan sounds good with the vibrato and metal metrics wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 27 2012, 08:09 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2012, 08:11 AM) *
hey Mert! It's building up mate, but it's still blurry smile.gif Can you send me a take at let's say...125 BPM and work up from there? The plan sounds good with the vibrato and metal metrics wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin, I will send you a take at 120-125 bpm this weekend. In the meantime I am trying to push my speed up to the desired tempo. Here is what I did today, a take at 145bpm. I really enjoy string skipping smile.gif my favorite guitar technique I think, AP + string skipping..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Sep 27 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, I will send you a take at 120-125 bpm this weekend. In the meantime I am trying to push my speed up to the desired tempo. Here is what I did today, a take at 145bpm. I really enjoy string skipping smile.gif my favorite guitar technique I think, AP + string skipping..

Howdy Mert! Man, gotta give you credit - you are a very ambitious player!!

I think you are losing stamina around 0:30 as up to that point, things sounded pretty darn good! Time and constancy are the only ones getting to receive the credit for reaching the top with this lesson smile.gif The more relaxed and precise you will be, the better you will play!

Congrats! I'm waiting for the other takes biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Oct 1 2012, 08:31 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi C-Master smile.gif
Thank you for the kind words. I know I would never be a guitar player as good as you or Ben since this is not my profession but I am trying to be as good as possible. I have still a long way to go smile.gif

I pushed myself really hard during the last few days to reach the full speed with this lesson. Here is my first take on full speed. I still lose some stamina as you pointed out before but I am building it up. I think in a few weeks time I should play this well enough for a REC take..

Here is my first full speed attempt

Have you looked at it yourself ? It is quite fun to play it actually smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert! This is indeed fun to play but unfortunately, I have the Aria EP release on my hands and I can't study too much extra curriculum stuff laugh.gif After November the 29th I guess i could try and tackle it myself. It looks killer anyway biggrin.gif Well, work hard on it, but DO NOT get hooked up in this lesson only...You will not be as fond of it after some time, try to spice up your practice routine man smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Oct 6 2012, 01:41 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hello C-Maestro smile.gif
It was good to see you the other day at video chat. I never have time anymore for video chats sad.gif I am still working hard on the Muris lesson. Here is my second take at full speed:

I think soon I will be ready for a REC take with this lesson. After that I am all yours to educate on vibrato and micro bends smile.gif

By the way, I saw your new audio collaboration. The idea is very cool smile.gif I will see if I can come up with something. I already have an idea but it is quite unorthodox so maybe I first post it here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 7 2012, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Oh man! biggrin.gif Show meee biggrin.gif I'm curious to see your take on the audio collaboration tongue.gif About the Muris lesson, I think that the improvement would be the fact that you kept constancy a bit more this time but towards the end it still sounds forced sad.gif It's a hellish one, I know, I know...Anyway, I'd love to have you on the 'Tight Timing Collab' smile.gif and also looking forward to making your expressive side shine as well!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Oct 27 2012, 08:59 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, long time no talk... About 2 weeks ago I had a small accident, I won't go into details and bore you but I ended up hurting my left hand, especially the pinky finger quite badly. I have been in pain for a while but now it is ok. I haven't played anything since then. Yesterday I tried to play a bit and it was all ok. Of course there is still a bit of pain but it is not much.. So I will once again start with the program for bending and vibrato. I should have something ready soonish.... Just letting you know if you were wondering why I haven't posted anything smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:13 PM