C Prometheus Neopolitan
The Uncreator
Dec 9 2007, 04:33 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey Andrew, ive been experimenting with weird scales and i came across the Prometheus Neopolitan, and was wondering what kinda chord progressions/ chords would i use if i was soloing in....C Prometheus Neopolitan, could i just use any C Chord? i tried it using these.

C maj13#11 (i think this is right, not sure...)

|--7--
|--7--
|--7--
|--7--
|--7--
|--8--

And a simple Cmaj chord.

|----
|----
|-5--
|-5--
|-7--
|----

No C Chord ive tried seems to fit with the C Prometheus Neopolitan scale, any ideas what chords would sound good, or should sound good.

PS
This is the scale im messing around with. and this is one of the chord progressions i was using( C Dm Em F G Am Bdim )

C Prometheus Neopolitan
|------------------------------------------5--6--8------
|------------------------------------5--7---------------
|------------------------------5--6---------------------
|---------------------4--7--8---------------------------
|---------------4--7------------------------------------
|------5--6--8------------------------------------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 9 2007, 05:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 9 2007, 01:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, I'll give you the answer in the back of the book then I'll tell you how I worked it out. This is a strange scale and some of the chords don't have obvious names, so I will give them to you as triads with a name if I can figure it out:

The chords you can use for this scale (in the key of C) are:

C,E,Gb (C-5)
Db, Gb, Bb (Db - some flavour of sus4)
E. A, C (E - some flavour of sus4)
Gb,Bb,Db (Gb Major)
A, C, E (A Minor)
Bb, Gb, Db (Bb Minor Augmented)

Now to work this out you just write out the scale, use each root note in turn, pick a note, skip a degree of the scale, pick a note, skip a degree of the scale and pick a 3rd note. If you do that to a major scale you should recognize the list of chords you get.

For a full lesson on this, you could look here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 9 2007, 05:47 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Awesome man!

Thanks for the help! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 9 2007, 09:18 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Any time old chap!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:47 PM