Maybe Tomorrow Acoustic Cover, Played be me
coffeeman
Oct 26 2013, 02:33 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's been a while since I did the last acoustic cover, and Cosimin asked me if I had done any, so I decided to stay on a friday night and play some acoustic guitar. Any comments and of course critics are more than welcome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Great rendition! I really like the raspy tone in your voice biggrin.gif It suits the song really well! How about trying an Audioslave or Soundgarden tune? I think your voice would do justice to one of those as well wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 26 2013, 01:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 26 2013, 02:10 AM) *
Hey mate! Great rendition! I really like the raspy tone in your voice biggrin.gif It suits the song really well! How about trying an Audioslave or Soundgarden tune? I think your voice would do justice to one of those as well wink.gif

Thanks a lot my friend. I'd love to do a Chris Cornell cover, but he's so dam good, that I feel like I would ruin his songs instead of making a rendition, and he's one of my favorite artists ever.. There's a cover from Billie Jean that is amazing but I don't know , I don't feel that confident yet.

I'm working on this songs right now:

But I receive suggestions of course. What acoustic songs are your working on? Maybe we can make a thread to work on acoustic singing covers to work on, uplaod our versions and of course to know which other GMC'res sing too. What do you think?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2013, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Hey Coffeeman! Congratulations on this cover! It sounds very good. I can notice a big improvement in your singing. You are singing on pitch all the time and your voice sounds cool! I also agree with Cosmin about trying something by Cornell!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 26 2013, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Hey Coffe! smile.gif Really nice smile.gif Your voice tone is very nice for that kind of playing as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 26 2013, 10:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 26 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Hey Coffeeman! Congratulations on this cover! It sounds very good. I can notice a big improvement in your singing. You are singing on pitch all the time and your voice sounds cool! I also agree with Cosmin about trying something by Cornell!

Thanks a lot Gab, I'm still struggling with resonance and staying in pitch but I guess I'm making progress. I'll search for a nice Cornell song and I'll upload it. Thanks for the encouragement.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 26 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Hey Coffe! smile.gif Really nice smile.gif Your voice tone is very nice for that kind of playing as well smile.gif

Thanks a lot my friend! I realle appreciate your words.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 27 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 26 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Thanks a lot my friend. I'd love to do a Chris Cornell cover, but he's so dam good, that I feel like I would ruin his songs instead of making a rendition, and he's one of my favorite artists ever.. There's a cover from Billie Jean that is amazing but I don't know , I don't feel that confident yet.

I'm working on this songs right now:

But I receive suggestions of course. What acoustic songs are your working on? Maybe we can make a thread to work on acoustic singing covers to work on, uplaod our versions and of course to know which other GMC'res sing too. What do you think?

To name a few that are almost ready:

- 3 Libras by A perfect Circle
- Cemetery Gates by Pantera
- Dig by Incubus

It is a great idea and I'd like to see where it would go biggrin.gif How do these sound? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 27 2013, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 28 2013, 02:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 27 2013, 09:15 AM) *
To name a few that are almost ready:

- 3 Libras by A perfect Circle
- Cemetery Gates by Pantera
- Dig by Incubus

It is a great idea and I'd like to see where it would go biggrin.gif How do these sound? smile.gif

A perfect Circle is incredible Iove it as well as Tool and that song suits perfect for an acoustic cover, the Incubus one has a very nice vocal work so I'm looking forward to listen to your cover. Cementary gates will be a very nice experiment, I always like to hear those heavy songs played in acoustic.

Following your suggestion I picked a song from Cornell to give it a try an I started practicing it, it's going to be "Fell on black days" , I'll let you know about my progress.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2013, 08:41 AM
Instructor
Alright, I will start with the APC song smile.gif It's the one I know best in respect to the idea of singing and playing biggrin.gif Stay tuned!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 AM