> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Michael AC - Picking Hand Basics, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Michael AC
Sep 22 2011, 03:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Picking Hand Basics by Ben Higgins

I need more work but I wanted to post anyways and at least get started with REC.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 28 2011, 09:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2011, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Hey there! Good choice for tackling this lesson! It is part of the very foundation for your picking skills! Now, after min 00:55, when the 16th notes kick in, you tend to lose timing and some notes, and there are still some time slips throughout the take.

Nothing to worry about! Just pick a slower tempo and work your way up until you feel that your hand can lock in with the tempo and the attack of the right hand is as even as possible smile.gif that ought to do the trick wink.gif

Keep up the good work!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 22 2011, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 22 2011, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Michael.. first of all, thanks for choosing to work on my lesson and secondly, it's great to see you in the REC ! smile.gif

You did really great.. the only thing which was against you was the 16th notes which Cosmin mentioned. I don't think it was a question of speed.. I actually think that you missed some of the notes because you were also dealing with the idea of changing frets with your left hand. Please try this and see if you notice a difference:

Pick only one note and keep your left hand there.. and pick the pattern with your right hand. See if you hit all the notes correctly. If you don't miss any notes then it's a psychological effect that your mind does to you when changing hand position. It happens to me sometimes too.

Feel free to message me and report any findings that you have with it smile.gif If you clear up that one issue you'll nail this lesson in no time !

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2011, 07:51 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
bump

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 22 2011, 10:34 PM
Instructor
Yes,you have issue with timing ,especially with 16th ones ! Try to be patient with practice on a slower tempo, and you will be great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2011, 02:05 PM
Instructor
As the guys said, there are issues with the last, fastest part. I think you have a proper picking technique, nothing wrong with the way you pick. The problem here is that you didn't spend enough time on this one, you didn't spend time gradually increasing tempo. This is why the hand cannot move precisely at those faster tempos. You need to spend more time on this one, because there are too many missed notes in the end. Try leaving it for couple of weeks to settle, chasing speed is about settling the muscle memory too, and try practicing again on slower tempos. You'll be OK, just need some time. You're on the right track.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 23 2011, 07:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
6.75 on this attempt man..Keep at it and you will have it down in no time!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:50 PM