42 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2016, 05:09 AM
GMC:er
Some really great improv!!! If you get a chance to put up another take, that would be great smile.gif But if you run out of time, honestly this one works for me smile.gif So it's up to you!!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 26 2016, 12:50 PM) *
Hi Todd

This one take about searching a good riff.....

final take for the next days

Cheers

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 27 2016, 10:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is my take

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Sep 27 2016, 01:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Todd,

and here's mine smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2016, 10:49 PM
NICE!! I watched the next vid you put up as well which was a bit longer and they both work really well. You are seriously getting a ahandle on soloing!! The solo works as a musical piece, not just a collection of licks which is always the most important bit smile.gif I like how you switch between octaves as well. It gives the solo a lot of variety and you make the switch with very little effort which is great. Being able to move up an octave takes practice and usually folks miss the landing quite a bit for a while. You stuck the landing every time. Congrats!!

As a matter of fact, you seemed like you had many more licks inside you waiting to get out than the short track allowed. I posted the long version of the track for that reason I think you used the longer one in one of your other vids for this challenge? Either way, you are just brimming with great licks and you seem to really be getting a good idea where each type of lick fits. This too takes many players YEARS to figure out. Your Military style discipline of practice is really paying off!!!!

In short, you just ....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 27 2016, 05:31 AM) *
Hi Todd

This is my take

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 27 2016, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2016, 11:49 PM
Well played!! First off, your tone is perfect. Very bluesy. That guitar is perfect for this kind of thing. in addition your licks are spot on. The tension rises and falls with the song and you resolve it all at the end by landing on a root. Your solo skills are gaining speed at a very fast rate. You've come a very long way in very little time. It's great to see smile.gif

Your technique is good throughout and your note selection works well for the entire bit. You employ a variety of techniques as well, which keeps things fresh. In short it's a very well put together solo and you have more than earned it!!!!

To Wit, you just.....

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

Attached Image

[Well playdquote name='Wyverex' date='Sep 27 2016, 08:22 AM' post='738517']
Hey Todd,

and here's mine smile.gif

[/quote]

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Sep 28 2016, 08:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd! Really enjoyed this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 28 2016, 08:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

thanks for watching smile.gif

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Sep 29 2016, 11:00 PM
Missed last one as I was working on Nirvana collab and generally only tackle one thing at a time. Decided to switch it up this week so I could just submit. Sometimes I think too much about the structure, which is what I really what to learn. But instead of thinking of where to go, I just played. So here is just a jam, single run thru after camera set up, warts and all with the long form of the Challenge. I'm playing with my fingers cause I was to lazy to grab a pick.

Just question. There is a difference in sound quality between an embedded Youtube video and the video on Youtube right? Is my right ear just crazy?

Yeah I listened again. I am crazy. Well, at least that's three of us.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Sep 30 2016, 12:36 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 30 2016, 02:22 AM
This is SUPER cool. Your tone is spot on and I love the dynamics in your playing. Also, I like how some bits feels structured and other bits feel very free form. Not to mention there is no pick involved so you are displaying some very cool fingerstyle technique!

Above all, you took the loooooooong jam version for your solo which is a bold move indeed and it paid off to be sure. It gave you enough space to expand on your ideas. I also like the chordal structures that you threw in as part of the solo. Blending rythm and lead. BTW there should be no audio quality difference between and embed and direct play, the start volume may bit a bit lower is all smile.gif In short..

YOU FREAKING KILLED IT!!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Sep 29 2016, 06:00 PM) *
Missed last one as I was working on Nirvana collab and generally only tackle one thing at a time. Decided to switch it up this week so I could just submit. Sometimes I think too much about the structure, which is what I really what to learn. But instead of thinking of where to go, I just played. So here is just a jam, single run thru after camera set up, warts and all with the long form of the Challenge. I'm playing with my fingers cause I was to lazy to grab a pick.

Just question. There is a difference in sound quality between an embedded Youtube video and the video on Youtube right? Is my right ear just crazy?

Yeah I listened again. I am crazy. Well, at least that's three of us.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2016, 11:06 PM
Anyone else to "Badge UP" and take the CHALLENGE? This week it's slow blues in the key of A. Give it a whirl!!!

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx21

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 2 2016, 04:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey, Its been a while since I participated in the weekly challenge. smile.gif Haven't been able to pick up the guitar much lately. dry.gif As usual, this is mostly an improved take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2016, 05:01 PM
WOW. This take really did impress. Your mastery of right hand muting while displaying extremely precise pick articulation is truly impressive. It's a difficult technique to master and you have it down like you were born to it. Beyond technique, your use of dynamics is equally impressive. The solo builds and dives giving a very dynamic vibe to it. There are subtle octave passages and bending followed by some of my favorite scale inversions and some sweeps I couldn't play if I had to.

In short, very well done on this. I've enjoyed your playing for some time now, but you really have reached a new level. Your mastery of the instrument seems at hand. It's never quite there as such a thing is impossible, but I've never seen you this close before. Congratulations you've earned the living daylights out of it. smile.gif

Needless to say, you just

LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 2 2016, 11:13 AM) *
Hey, Its been a while since I participated in the weekly challenge. smile.gif Haven't been able to pick up the guitar much lately. dry.gif As usual, this is mostly an improved take.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 2 2016, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 2 2016, 06:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Wow, thanks. Much appreciated. Glad you mentioned the dynamics which was something I was shooting for in this solo. Such a cool track to jam to smile.gif look forward to more!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2016, 04:01 PM) *
WOW. This take really did impress. Your mastery of right hand muting while displaying extremely precise pick articulation is truly impressive. It's a difficult technique to master and you have it down like you were born to it. Beyond technique, your use of dynamics is equally impressive. The solo builds and dives giving a very dynamic vibe to it. There are subtle octave passages and bending followed by some of my favorite scale inversions and some sweeps I couldn't play if I had to.

In short, very well done on this. I've enjoyed your playing for some time now, but you really have reached a new level. Your mastery of the instrument seems at hand. It's never quite there as such a thing is impossible, but I've never seen you this close before. Congratulations you've earned the living daylights out of it. smile.gif

Needless to say, you just

LEVELED UP!!!!!!
[attachment=45258:dgrootx5.jpg]

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 2 2016, 08:25 PM
Learning Roadie
DeGroot

i really love your take !!!!!! a day, i'll play like that !

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2016, 08:58 PM
Shred Challenge Moved to Sunday, so you have an extra day to get your take in!!

!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-22!!!!

*New in this weeks video, I"m not playing. Instead, I'll put the two scale tablatures we are using and you can practice using the video

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx22

X-22 GARY MOORE STYLE BALLAD
DETAILS: This backing track will work well with the A Blues scale and really well with the A Minor Scale. Both are in the video. I'm not going to play over the vid, so that you can use it for practice smile.gif

Here is the Long, Jam Track Version smile.gif

DOWNLOAD: mp3 backing Attached File  x22.mp3 ( 740.03K ) Number of downloads: 40

EXTENDED version (Jam Track) Attached File  x22_longversion.mp3 ( 6.18MB ) Number of downloads: 58

KEY: A Minor
SCALES TO USE: A Blues, A Minor

A Blues
Attached Image

A Minor (Also known as "Aeolian")
Attached Image

BPM: 72 bpm

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

*Can be SLOW or any speed you like, doesn't have to shred or be fast.
This is something new. It's a "Challenge" I challenge you to play anything over this backing. It just has to have you in it playing like you really mean it!!! That's it, so here is what I need.

----------

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)
That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.

2.)Who can participate?:
ANYONE!!

3.)What do I get?
Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level you attain Here is a recent badge for reference.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 2 2016, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 3 2016, 01:16 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 2 2016, 07:25 PM) *
DeGroot

i really love your take !!!!!! a day, i'll play like that !

Cheers

Laurent

Thanks, man! Keep up the hard practice and playing. Onto the next take...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2016, 02:24 AM
Shred Challenge Moved to Sunday, so you have an extra day to get your take in!!

!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-22!!!!

*New in this weeks video, I"m not playing. Instead, I'll put the two scale tablatures we are using and you can practice using the video

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx22

X-22 GARY MOORE STYLE BALLAD
DETAILS: This backing track will work well with the A Blues scale and really well with the A Minor Scale. Both are in the video. I'm not going to play over the vid, so that you can use it for practice

Here is the Long, Jam Track Version

DOWNLOAD: mp3 backing Attached File  x22.mp3 ( 740.03K ) Number of downloads: 40

EXTENDED version (Jam Track) Attached File  x22_longversion.mp3 ( 6.18MB ) Number of downloads: 58

KEY: A Minor
SCALES TO USE: A Blues, A Minor

A Blues
Attached Image

A Minor (Also known as "Aeolian")
Attached Image

BPM: 72 bpm

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

*Can be SLOW or any speed you like, doesn't have to shred or be fast.
This is something new. It's a "Challenge" I challenge you to play anything over this backing. It just has to have you in it playing like you really mean it!!! That's it, so here is what I need.

----------

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)
That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.

2.)Who can participate?:
ANYONE!!

3.)What do I get?
Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level you attain Here is a recent badge for reference.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 3 2016, 09:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

This is a riff search session....

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2016, 05:17 AM
NIce!! First to take up the Sword and some very spiff chops!!! It sounds like this could be a final, but if you want to go again, by all means go nuts!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 3 2016, 04:11 PM) *
Hi

This is a riff search session....

cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 5 2016, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

This is one take, a little issue because of a low action on this guitar....

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:48 AM