3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
The Most Improving Rec Student
Daniel Realpe
Aug 28 2011, 09:15 PM
Instructor
nothing better than being noticeable improving at guitar or any craft! congrats!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 29 2011, 12:06 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Congratulations Nikeman! That board is certainly a mode of inspiration!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Aug 29 2011, 11:08 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

Man,... taking a decision can be difficult. I can learn so many things from all instructors so who do I need to choose ????? Believe me or not, but it kept me awake this night.

OK , my biggest problems are still bends and vibrato's, right !!?? A while ago, I looked at the famous Oddysseys of Ben. These sideway and circular vibrato's are so cool !!! To be honest, I never saw that before. I tried it very briefely but didn't get anywhere with it laugh.gif I slided, I rolled, I pushed but nothing happened,... flat line ohmy.gif Then I told myself, for now : concentrate on the normal vibrato and try to get that to a higher level and come back to this later. But now with this prize I can have the opportunity to learn it from the master himself.

So Ben, I would really be honored if I could do the skype lesson with you. I hope that's OK.

I would like to ask Ben and GMC if it's OK to plan this somewhere next week. This week, I still have to be constantly available for my job, and even when I'm home, they can call me up to come immediately,... they even call me at night sometimes. mad.gif But next week (from monday) I have vacation so anytime next week is OK for me and then Ben can choose which time suits him best.

Bogdan, I will send you a separate message to ask some things about Skype and videochats because I never did that before.

Again, thanks to all instructors and everybody at GMC !!!!!!

Nico smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 29 2011, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Aug 29 2011, 11:08 AM) *
Hey guys,

Man,... taking a decision can be difficult. I can learn so many things from all instructors so who do I need to choose ????? Believe me or not, but it kept me awake this night.

OK , my biggest problems are still bends and vibrato's, right !!?? A while ago, I looked at the famous Oddysseys of Ben. These sideway and circular vibrato's are so cool !!! To be honest, I never saw that before. I tried it very briefely but didn't get anywhere with it laugh.gif I slided, I rolled, I pushed but nothing happened,... flat line ohmy.gif Then I told myself, for now : concentrate on the normal vibrato and try to get that to a higher level and come back to this later. But now with this prize I can have the opportunity to learn it from the master himself.

So Ben, I would really be honored if I could do the skype lesson with you. I hope that's OK.

I would like to ask Ben and GMC if it's OK to plan this somewhere next week. This week, I still have to be constantly available for my job, and even when I'm home, they can call me up to come immediately,... they even call me at night sometimes. mad.gif But next week (from monday) I have vacation so anytime next week is OK for me and then Ben can choose which time suits him best.

Bogdan, I will send you a separate message to ask some things about Skype and videochats because I never did that before.

Nico smile.gif

Wow, Nico.. what an honour ! biggrin.gif Yes from me to all the above.. next week works fine. I will make an arrangement with you personally, I look forward to working on those things with you.. and anything else you can think of between now and then smile.gif

Excellent ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2011, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Woohoo! This shall be an awesome experience for both of you guys! smile.gif

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Aug 29 2011, 07:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congrats Nico

Keep them coming

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Davidian
Aug 30 2011, 07:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Proficiat Niko biggrin.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 31 2011, 04:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Aug 29 2011, 05:08 AM) *
Hey guys,

Nico smile.gif

Great choice dude, have fun you both, you deserve it smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Aug 31 2011, 09:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks mates !!!!

En Davidian, altijd tof om hier een landgenoot tegen te komen, groetjes.

Nico

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Sep 8 2011, 05:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Please see below

This post has been edited by nikeman64: Sep 8 2011, 06:36 PM

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2011, 05:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Sep 8 2011, 04:43 PM) *
So here it is !!!! ....

THE BEN EXPERIENCE !!!! biggrin.gif

Today,... was a GREAT day !!!
I allready send a message to Ben personally to thank him for this beautiful and interesting Skype experience, so in this note I will direct myself straight to the other instructors, other students and anybody else at GMC. 2 weeks ago GMC gave me this award and I could chose an instructor to have a true Skype video chat/lesson with. What a great prize !! THANK YOU GMC !!!!!!!
It was my first step in Skype land but Bogdan and Ben helped me all the way trough it. As with so many things,... ones you have done it ... it's simple. rolleyes.gif
As I wrote to Ben, I was a little nervouse about doing this, and the only reason for this I ca, is that I'm not used to have people look at my hands, while I'm playing.

Well deserved mate! I'm sure that Benmeister did an awesome job about the skype session biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Sep 8 2011, 06:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So here it is !!!! ....

THE BEN EXPERIENCE !!!! biggrin.gif

Today,... was a GREAT day !!!
I allready send a message to Ben personally to thank him for this beautiful and interesting Skype experience, so in this note I will direct myself straight to the other instructors, other students and anybody else at GMC. 2 weeks ago GMC gave me this award and I could choose an instructor to have a true Skype video chat/lesson with. What a great prize !! THANK YOU GMC !!!!!!!
It was my first step in Skype-land but Bogdan and Ben helped me all the way trough it. As with so many things,... ones you have done it ... it's simple. rolleyes.gif
As I wrote to Ben, I was a little nervous about doing this, and the only reason I can think of, is that I'm not used to have people look at my hands, while I'm playing. 12 years ago, I was playing in a band, and had that same feeling. After a while, it just went away.
But today, Ben put me at ease in a few seconds. Anybody who had the privilige to meet him in person, (or through Skype) tongue.gif , will come to the same conclusion : what a guy !!!!
We talked about life in general and of course about guitar : speed mechanics, techniques you can study to improve your right hand stamina, and glue this with left hand accuracy. He showed and reveiled all techniques about every possible form of vibrato (upward, downward, classical, circular, normal, Marcus Lavendel style -wide,...) , and bends( up, down, pre-, gradual decline, additive pîcking, etc...) , and the combination of both. Believe me, my fellow students, at such a moment, you realise that he's the master, and you're the student !!!! smile.gif But Ben has the great capacity of being able to lower himself into the level of the student in front of him ( me biggrin.gif ), he really thinks about that , breaks it down, slows it, and explains it to you in a way you really understand what he means. BRILLIANT TEACHER!!!! And every technique you dream of, he can show it to you !!!! He gave me so much info and tips, I ,can study on that for months, or .. years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also had the privilige to see and hear Ben in true DARTH VADER style because , from time to time, our Skype connection went ballistique !!!! ohmy.gif huh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif and we were like playing in Star Wars, sequel n° 11 , or so laugh.gif But with a little patience, it all felt back to pieces.
So,... I had a wonderful time, it was great fun, great school, wonderful experience and I can only say to the other students : keep those REC's coming and you can be the next one !!!!!! I ,wish it to everybody !!!!!!!!

THANKS GMC, THANKS BEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best, Nico wink.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 8 2011, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Well, let me start by saying what a pleasure it was to spend the time with you on Skype, Nico smile.gif

Guys, I make no joke when I say how quick Nico is at learning something.. I was coming up with melody lines and Nico was repeating them back to me before I even told him what notes I was playing. I've worked with different guitarists over the years and, during the course of having a band, I've shown so many riffs and licks to guitarists who were stood right in front of me but I've never met anyone who picks things up as quickly as Nico did biggrin.gif

Not only that but when it came to circular vibrato.. I showed him the basic movements needed to do it and he repeated it back to me straight away ! How did he do that ??? laugh.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

So, after all that, I would say that you're a better guitar player than you think you are Nico... I know we've all been impressed by your performances on REC and I witnessed it first hand today. Thanks for asking me to spend some guitar time with you.. we look forward to the next RECs ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 23 2012, 09:36 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Is this thing going to continue ?? It sounds like an awesome idea smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 23 2012, 10:20 AM
GMC:er
Probably not, the year has passed and no one got any rewards...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Dunno man smile.gif I have forgotten about this, but it sure was a nice activity!

+Quote Post
Christophe
Sep 24 2012, 10:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice topic and idea biggrin.gif

So bad that it was abandoned it may force students to take serious rec and by the time. Even if it would be to hard for me to learn with instructors because of my poor english biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 24 2012, 10:56 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey guys - stay tuned with updates about this one! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 24 2012, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Seriously? cool.gif
I didn't want to take advantage of instructor time given I can't afford my subscription at this point in time, but hey - if you're giving this stuff away - haha. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 27 2011, 01:04 AM) *
Anyone can participate! smile.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 24 2012, 10:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 24 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Seriously? cool.gif
I didn't want to take advantage of instructor time given I can't afford my subscription at this point in time, but hey - if you're giving this stuff away - haha. ohmy.gif

Sure - you should definitely start submitting some REC takes! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:15 AM