Guitar Performance, When are you better?
Guitar
When can you play guitar the best?
Morning [ 4 ] ** [12.90%]
Noon/Afternoon [ 2 ] ** [6.45%]
Evening [ 18 ] ** [58.06%]
Time doesn't affect my playing. [ 7 ] ** [22.58%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
thefireball
Aug 17 2010, 12:15 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm just wondering...do you feel you play better in the morning when you first wake up? In the afternoon when you've been up for a while? Or at bedtime? I find I play best at bedtime. I don't know know why. Maybe the time of day doesn't affect your playing. Just curious to see your responses. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 17 2010, 12:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
Late at night is when I play best, however I am most creative at noon...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 17 2010, 12:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
I don't know what is the best time for playing but the worst time is morning. Perhaps fingers are more warmed up at the evening.

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 17 2010, 12:50 AM
The Dark Canuck
Evening time for me as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 17 2010, 01:18 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I like to play afternoon or evening time...That is the time I'm most focused and ready smile.gif But I played many times really early in the morning with great results smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 17 2010, 01:35 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm probably at my best about 45 minutes after warming up. It doesn't matter what time of day,I really only notice a difference that I'm able to play at all until after my fingers have had some time to get the blood flowing. Of course in the morning, I've also got to get some coffee into the pipes. tongue.gif But my favorite time to play is evening when I've got most of the events of the day behind me. But warming up makes the most difference for sure.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 17 2010, 01:49 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Thiough I play in the afternoon/evening most of the time, I'd say it doesn't affect my playing.

What I do notice is that certain days I feel like my playing sucks (15%), while others I feel it's good (15%). Most of them (the remaining 70%) I feel nothing special about my playing & sound laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 17 2010, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
I practice / warm up best in the morning (I'm a early riser morning person)
I play best in the Noon / Afternoon, rocking out some tunes and getting rythm/timing
I thrash and speed metal best in Evening!

If I could, selects all of the above, lol.

Like JamesT said, playing at best normally requires some warm up specially in the morning if your still cold.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 17 2010, 04:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Sweeeeet!! Great responses so far!
Well, it's about bedtime and you know what that means....guitar rockin time --- softly...or people wake up! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Aug 17 2010, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 17 2010, 07:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
I dont think in terms of "play better" at all, I play different at various points in time, mostly due to the mood around me. Is it rainy or sunny, am I angry,sad etc. Whenever I pick up the guitar I feel good, and its a way of expressing myself, so I cant really judge what is "better" or not. Of course, technically wise You will play better after an hour or so, due to that the fingers and muscles has to warm up, but I never considered technique to be an aspect of what is good or not.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 17 2010, 07:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I actually play best after I've had one beer, maybe two, but thats it. Any more and I get sloppy, I don't know how Eddie Van Halen would down a pack of Schlitz every night and practice at the same time.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 17 2010, 09:31 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
It depends, as it varies from time to time...
But usually in the evening/nights, so that's my vote smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 17 2010, 12:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Time doesn't affect my playing. However, I feel like I am more patient and creative in the evening.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fre
Aug 17 2010, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
In the late evening I get really active and I become much quicker than in the morning. The problem is that my parents don't like me playing fast guitar at night tongue.gif .

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2010, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
Usually have better practice sessions at night. Maybe late afternoon. My fingers can't get going in the morning for some reason. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 17 2010, 01:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
usually in the evening for me, more relaxed etc, in fairness dont get the chance very often to play at other times of the day so I guess its more down to routine smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 22 2010, 12:40 PM
Jazz Instructor
I am best after midnight! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 25 2010, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Any time is a good time with guitar. But, as majority, I definitely play after midnight most often, this is when it is quiet, I'm calm, and I got all night for playing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 25 2010, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Any time is fine with me but i mostly play at night

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 25 2010, 01:32 PM
Jazz Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 25 2010, 12:35 PM) *
Any time is a good time with guitar. But, as majority, I definitely play after midnight most often, this is when it is quiet, I'm calm, and I got all night for playing smile.gif

Yeah mate, silence... Most important condition for concentration.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:09 AM