Practice Agenda & Gallery
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 24 2010, 09:44 AM
GMC Founder
As some of you might have noticed - these two features have been out of order for quite a while.

As summer vacation is over - we now have the chance to get some GMC development done. When thinking about how to prioritize the work we can get done - I have come to the conclusion to remove these two features. Here are the reasons in order of priority:

* They contain a lot of code which is tricky to adapt to new (and coming) features of the site - the slows the over-all GMC development down.

* Not too many people used these features

* I was never really happy with how they worked. Our goal is to build our own substitutions for these community features - and this makes it even less motivated to have the techs spend time modding/repairing.

Of course I would much rather have the bugs fixed and move on - but as you know we need to constantly prioritize to get things done!

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 24 2010, 10:12 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Kris, I belive you're right about this.
Neither have been used much, and considering the time and work it must be to keep
these features up to date I believe it's the right thing to do.

Although I would like to see some similar features in the future.
Maybe something more of a blog-like feature, where members can write and post pictures together etc.
That way other members can still subscribe to whoever they want,
and members could get their own gmc.my/insertmembernamehere adress.
Which again can be good for GMC, when members post their own blog adress all over the interweb! smile.gif

Just a thought..

thanks for the information, good to be in the know before it suddenly is removed smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 24 2010, 10:28 AM
Instructor
I think a kind of gallery could be still interesting to see!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 24 2010, 11:07 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah I also never used these features much and they could definitely be replaced by more exciting user profiles or something that could do same purpose and more smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 24 2010, 11:55 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That makes sense. I also agree with Paal's "blog" idea smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 24 2010, 02:48 PM
The Dark Canuck
Good call Kris smile.gif

And I also like Paal's "blog' idea. Could be great exposure for GMC.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Aug 24 2010, 02:49 PM

+Quote Post
Fusar
Aug 24 2010, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
I like the idea of a Practice Agenda & Gallery, but I have not been convinced by the old model smile.gif As the others, I'd like to see these features revised! A 'blog' could be a great idea, but I hope it'll not be as unclear (maybe the wrong word, but I try to explain) as the old model. From your home board, it was not easy to reach, nor easy to be seen by the others.
So here are some of my ideas smile.gif I'd introduce this blog (let's call it so) in the profile (may we should overwork this as well, I'm sure lots of people will have ideas how to make the profile better with only little details!), you can follow someone's blog, you should be able to comment it. In the profile you can see how active the user is (how many entries, photos, the last update etc.). From the frontpage, you can arrive at a page where you can see a chart with the most visited blogs, the best rated, the most commented, the most active etc.
And in the blog itself, we should see what are the main issues of the user, does he only want to tell how much and what he practised per day, or can you find there as well funny stories of his "guitar adventure"...something like that ;-)

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 24 2010, 04:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Good decision wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 25 2010, 04:38 AM
Learning Roadie
I like Fusar's idea

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 26 2010, 04:47 PM
Instructor
I never saw the use of it really, so it's fine that you got it out of the site.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:54 AM