Recording, Mixing & Rendering With Reaper, Arghhhh
Berglmir
Dec 10 2009, 04:19 PM
GMC:er
Ok, I´m fed up! I give up!! It just won´t work out, so I have to look for some help from you experts out there.

Problem:
No matter how good a take sounds in Reaper with all the subtleties of doubling and panning - the mp3 or wav file which is rendered sounds dull/crappy and most of the times one of the tracks is too loud or too low. mad.gif

SetUp:
Electric Guitar straight into Focusrite Saffire LE (which I use as main and only soundhardware for my PC) which goes into the PC (via Firewire)

I´m just going to ask a couple of questions which might be usefull to help me get on my way to finally getting the sound I HEAR into the audio file! Here we go:

-) The first thing I notice, is, that the sound in Reaper is way louder than the windows standard. I have to decrase volume immediately.
Interestingly enough the waveform of the guitarinput is rather low. Any idea why?

-) What´s the advantage of having a track with FX which recieves the guitar input over applying the FX to the guitar track itself?!

-) I´m rendering the mastertrack with 48000 - is there a specific (obviously hidden feature for me) setting which controls the "quality" of the take?
It´s really my MAIN question: Why (oh why!) can´t I get the same audio quality I hear (over monitors AND Headphones) into the audio file?

Has it something to do with all the track routing stuff? Sends/Recieves/HardwareOutput and so on....I mainly leave them be, but I have tried to play around with them for a bit - the result is mainly the same: crappy audio file!

REALLY would appreciate any help from you guys!

Cheers muchly!
Berglmir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:38 PM