Carlos' Paramore-ballads Lesson, my take
Ctodd
Dec 24 2008, 04:45 AM
GMC:er
ok, doing something like this is a first for me, and this is the product of about 10 hours of blood sweat and tears

I programmed the drums myself, which is why you won't be hearing any fills wink.gif (I only have the trial version of addictive drums)

and recorded all the guitar parts... except bass... I dont have a bass laugh.gif

let me know what you guys think, and suggestions for improvement, I'm particularly interested in what everyone thinks of the tone I used, because that took a while to get to sound decent. I used the gearbox software that comes with the toneport UX1, and recorded it through the toneport.

oh, and the original lesson is here

thanks in advance!

-Chris

EDIT.... Carlos: If you're reading this, would you mind telling me what sort of effects you used for the clean chords in the middle of the lesson?... I tried to get my guitar to sound like that, but I couldn't come that close. Thanks! if anyone else can tell what effects he used, please answer too

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Dec 24 2008, 05:50 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  paramore2.mp3 ( 1.22MB ) Number of downloads: 231

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
skennington
Dec 24 2008, 05:04 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Chris,

I haven't heard the lesson and wanted to give feedback without hearing it. I think you did a good job man. smile.gif I do think that the drums are a little high in the mix but that's a matter of opinion as well. As far as your playing...Sounded in time and mixed pretty good. The only thing I was missing was vibrato and feeling. I think if you were to just add a little bit, it would really make the solos jump out and capture the audience.

Now, I'm listening to the lesson.... laugh.gif Completely off base man! You did a great job with the lesson. Carlos really didn't have a lot of vibrato either. Can you tell I don't know much about Paramore.. laugh.gif Nicely done! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 24 2008, 05:12 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 23 2008, 11:04 PM) *
Hi Chris,

I haven't heard the lesson and wanted to give feedback without hearing it. I think you did a good job man. smile.gif I do think that the drums are a little high in the mix but that's a matter of opinion as well. As far as your playing...Sounded in time and mixed pretty good. The only thing I was missing was vibrato and feeling. I think if you were to just add a little bit, it would really make the solos jump out and capture the audience.

Now, I'm listening to the lesson.... laugh.gif Completely off base man! You did a great job with the lesson. Carlos really didn't have a lot of vibrato either. Can you tell I don't know much about Paramore.. laugh.gif Nicely done! smile.gif

yeah laugh.gif I really didnt do much to make it my own,

I was just interested in coming as close as possible to the sound Carlos made... If you listen closely, I added a Few crashes, and I switched up the end a little bit... but everything else was an attempt at getting it to sound like the lesson

the timing was a real b**ch to handle too, because for some reason, everything that I recorded tonight had a small lag to it, (when I recorded stuff last night, there was no lag)

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 24 2008, 05:22 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
@Skenny laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@Ctodd

I think you pulled this off great smile.gif Sounds almost spot on mate.

Well done bro now get some sleep. Santa Claus is comming to your town biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 24 2008, 05:34 AM
thanks man, it took me FOREVER to figure out the tone for that... basically the secret was a little reverb... which took me forever to figure out laugh.gif
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 23 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Well done bro now get some sleep. Santa Claus is comming to your town biggrin.gif

wait what??? thats not for another 24 hours! laugh.gif

Merry Christmas!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Dec 24 2008, 05:48 AM
nice job... sounds tight and in time with the beat

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:50 AM