2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Lukaszdrazeksbootcamp, The Few, The Proud.....
Todd Simpson
May 14 2012, 11:24 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=473580

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 20 2012, 11:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
May 16 2012, 03:05 PM
Learning Roadie
My first approach on mission 1

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2012, 05:12 AM
Congrats on taking on your first Mission Soldier! Here is where you did your DRILL BOSS proud!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Consistent strikes, Nice!
2.)Consistent Tempo, also Nice!
3.)Wide range of fret choice!

Here is where half your squad got killed.

PURPLE HEART
1.)You have good speed, precision, string traverse, all working well together! The only thing that is keeping your from your first MISSION BADGE is just a tad of focus on the right hand. I want to see you take a crack at playing this with tighter hand motion meaning less distance up and down after each strike of the string. Focus also on PALM MUTING, try to plant your hand on the bridge for a slight mute to make each strike more distinct. Also, being able to play at speed, without allowing the hand to go 'Free Range" is a challenge unto itself. Typically, players can either play slow and with palm mute, precision, or faster with more pick hand swing. What I"m trying to get you to achieve is the speed that you are showing here combined with the muted, palm planted on the bridge, each note distinct, relaxed hand approach that I can see you are capable of.

Here is a quick vid. Watch my right hand here and notice how it's moving briskly, but never gets too tense, never swings to far wide, but tries to go just past the string after a strike then return. This results in a sort of "shreddy" sound that is well suited to Alternate Picking.

In short WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER! But we need MORE VIOLENCE! smile.gif Take one more pass and focus the camera on your right hand a bit more so I can see how it's holding up UNDER FIRE! !!!!

FIGHT!!!!!!...I mean....PRACTICE!!!!!!!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 17 2012, 05:36 AM

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
May 17 2012, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 18 2012, 03:04 AM
NNIIIIIIIICCCEEE!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Consistent strikes, Nice!
2.)Consistent Tempo, also Nice!
3.)Tight Control of pick hand and it's nice and planted to the Bridge, never drifts, AWESOME!
4.)Impressive speed!

The only skip is around :21 in the vid but you really nailed what I was talking about with right hand so I can chalk it up playing so much your blood is wetting up the strings!

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE CLEARED MISSION 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is your FIRST MISSION BADGE!

Attached Image

Onward Soldier!
Todd

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ May 17 2012, 12:17 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2012, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ May 17 2012, 12:17 PM) *

Soldier you are on a MISSION! smile.gif Actually several MISSIONS. As you complete one mission/lesson, start on the next! So Do one Lesson/Mission at at time, making a video example for each workout in a given lesson. If there are four examples, then you have to master all four and make videos so it gets CRAZY hard later on. For now, there are mostly one example per lesson. So start on your next!

All of the lessons/Missions are listed at the bottom of this page in the wiki! Get Moving Solider!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...-_Shred_Journey

Todd

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jan 27 2013, 09:22 PM
Learning Roadie

Im back to practice! lesson 2 in my performance biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2013, 10:16 AM
Well fought Soldier!!! You are really coming along here in BOOTCAMP!!!!

Let's debrief.

Soldier, after careful consideration, I've determined you have shown valor in the face of the enemy!! You just

LEVELED UP!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean strikes
2.)Good hand synch
3.)Very even timing/playing

Nice!!

Todd

Attached Image

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Jan 27 2013, 03:22 PM) *

Im back to practice! lesson 2 in my performance biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 29 2013, 10:17 AM

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Feb 5 2013, 07:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Mission 3 on 160 bmp:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2013, 06:28 AM
Well fought Soldier!!!! The goal of this mission is to play all six notes in an even way then March up the neck. And guess what, YOU FREAKING NAILED IT!!!! You just....

!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Killer Synch
3.)Impressive Speed

Attached Image

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Feb 5 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Mission 3 on 160 bmp:

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Feb 8 2013, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Mission 4 -170bpm

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2013, 08:17 PM
Soldier!! Plug that thing in to an amp/vst/anything! Don't be afraid to add a little gain/distortion. I want to see you palm muting every single note. It looks like your fingers are moving in the right direction! IF I can just hear what your playing, we could have ourselves a MISSION!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Feb 8 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Mission 4 -170bpm

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Feb 8 2013, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok, sorry for that here new one:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2013, 12:08 AM
Soldier, I hate to keep having you cover the same ground over and over, but now that I can hear the guitar, the metronome seems to be fighting you a bit. The pattnern itself is a bit odd in terms of timing. Try this, set your metronome to clicks only (without accent notes) and strike exactly on each click, speed up or slow down the metronome to find the right spot and try to make one pick strike per click. Your close Soldier!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Feb 8 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Ok, sorry for that here new one:

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Feb 9 2013, 02:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Im trying do one pick on each click but there was too many clicks and it was hard for me, so i count notes on pattern (10 notes) and set metronome on that way: Accent click click click click. What u think about this? If its wrong i will practice like u said on exacly on each click. Go take a look:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2013, 07:41 AM
Well Fought Soldier!!! You got the TIME thing down!!! I was wanting you to lock to the metronome and you did smile.gif So congrats Soldier, you just ....

!!!!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Spiff Hand Synch
2.)Precise Strikes
3.)Deadlocked To Metronome

Well Fought Soldier!!!!! ONWARD!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Feb 9 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Im trying do one pick on each click but there was too many clicks and it was hard for me, so i count notes on pattern (10 notes) and set metronome on that way: Accent click click click click. What u think about this? If its wrong i will practice like u said on exacly on each click. Go take a look:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 11 2013, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Mar 9 2013, 12:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Lesson 5:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2013, 06:46 AM
Nice one Soldier!!! And Nice guitar!!!

You have clearly spent time on the shooting range! It's showing in your playing. Good precision, one shot one kill!!! In short You just

LEVELED UP!!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Military Precision
3.)Bunker Quality Stability on Right hand.

Attached Image

[/b]
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Mar 9 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Lesson 5:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 10 2013, 06:49 AM

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Mar 17 2013, 04:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Mission 6 - 160 bpm:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2013, 11:22 PM
Nice work here Soldier!!! I can see you have been shooting to kill!!! Keep this up and you'll make MASTER SARGE in no time!!!

Let's DEBRIEF.

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Great hand synch
2.)Impressive precision/speed
3.)Left hand planted to bridge.

In short.. you just ......

!!!!! LEVELED UP !!!!!!!

Attached Image

Fight on Soldier!!

Todd

QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Mar 17 2013, 11:05 AM) *
Mission 6 - 160 bpm:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:01 AM