> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Mtp December Thread - Purple Hayes
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2009, 10:19 PM
Instructor
Second Assignment:
Let's go for the Shred Solo Lesson this week. The licks are easier than the country style lesson by Muris however they will help you to develop your alternate picking in REAL situations. Isolate each lick as an individual exercise and practice it with metronome. You can post the whole lesson played at any of the backing's tempos or you can only play every part of the lesson the faster than you can over metronome. You choose! smile.gif I'm interested in the first 3 parts of the lesson however the following parts are also interesting to work on legato, tapping and sweep Picking.

I will prepare another lesson for your alternate picking for the 3rd assignment and post it the sooner than I can.

Let me know if you have any question! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2009, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Third Assignment:
Hello Purple Hayes! As we have agreed I'm posting here your third assignment in advance to let you practice this one. I checked the video that you sent by PM with the Second Assignment and I think that we must work on Ascendant Alternate Picking.
I prepared 4 exercises for you combining 2 strings. Every exercise must be played in every group of adjacent strings. The tempo is as always... the faster than you can without losing clarity.
Work with metronome or over a backing track in the correct key (C major or A minor).

Let me know if you have any question!

Attached File  MTP_December___Assignment_3.gp5 ( 4.04K ) Number of downloads: 87

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 14 2009, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I've been working on your 2nd assignment. I've got the ascending parts worked out, but I'm not quite up to the speed. I'll probably work up the whole lesson eventually. The rest of the lesson is relatively easy, I just need to work up the sweeps at the end.

Week 3 Assignment: I'll start working on it today. I think I'll be able to tackle this one. Maybe even get it up to speed. :fingers crossed:

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2009, 08:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 14 2009, 01:48 PM) *
I've been working on your 2nd assignment. I've got the ascending parts worked out, but I'm not quite up to the speed. I'll probably work up the whole lesson eventually. The rest of the lesson is relatively easy, I just need to work up the sweeps at the end.

Week 3 Assignment: I'll start working on it today. I think I'll be able to tackle this one. Maybe even get it up to speed. :fingers crossed:

That's perfect! Can't wait for the takes! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 15 2009, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Did I say up to speed? unsure.gif I've worked on week 3 for about 30 minutes total so far and I'm not even going to get close to getting that up to speed in a week.

PS - I'm not a total theory dummy. It's all in F Lydian.

This post has been edited by purple hayes: Dec 15 2009, 02:42 PM

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2009, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 15 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Did I say up to speed? unsure.gif I've worked on week 3 for about 30 minutes total so far and I'm not even going to get close to getting that up to speed in a week.

PS - I'm not a total theory dummy. It's all in F Lydian.

laugh.gif Don't worry & keep on practicing.
I think that this exercise will be your friend for many weeks! smile.gif

About the scale.. F Lydian is the the forth mode of C major scale, so they share the same notes. I know that you are saying this because the tabbed exercises start in F but it doesn't matter because the idea is to play this in every group of strings. This means that every time that you change the note where you start you have a new mode (C Ionian, D Dorian, E Phrygian, F Lydian, and so...) . So to resume, we are working on C major! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 17 2009, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I'll get the week 2 upload done tonight. I tried on Tuesday but I just couldn't get it. In fact, I tried to record 4 different lessons and failed at all of them. :|

The 26th or 27th of December will be the last day that I'll have access to a guitar to record/practice. I'll have the neoclassical etude done before then.

Here's my plan so far:

Dec 17: Record and post week 2 lesson

Dec 20: Record and post week 3 lesson

Dec 23-25: Record and post neoclassical etude

Dec 26-27: Record and post week 4 lesson

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 18 2009, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I think I may be over practicing things (at least the AP stuff) I seem to be getting worse. Anyway, here's weeks two's assignment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2009, 04:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 17 2009, 03:28 PM) *
I'll get the week 2 upload done tonight. I tried on Tuesday but I just couldn't get it. In fact, I tried to record 4 different lessons and failed at all of them. :|

The 26th or 27th of December will be the last day that I'll have access to a guitar to record/practice. I'll have the neoclassical etude done before then.

Here's my plan so far:

Dec 17: Record and post week 2 lesson

Dec 20: Record and post week 3 lesson

Dec 23-25: Record and post neoclassical etude

Dec 26-27: Record and post week 4 lesson

Excellent Plan! I'll give you the 4th assignment as soon as you post the 3rd one! smile.gif

QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 17 2009, 10:38 PM) *
I think I may be over practicing things (at least the AP stuff) I seem to be getting worse. Anyway, here's weeks two's assignment.

Great job man! It's not getting worse but it's great to know that how you are feeling to know how to continue our MTP! You don't notice the result know but I assure you that this intensive work will have amazing results! wink.gif In this take you loss synchronization in the ascending licks. You should decrease a bit the tempo and continue practicing... but let your mind relax from this one for some days! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 18 2009, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 17 2009, 10:57 PM) *
It's not getting worse but it's great to know that how you are feeling to know how to continue our MTP!

I'm just asking a lot of myself lately and it's starting to drag me down. I get up at 4:30AM to play guitar for a couple of hrs before i go to work. I play guitar for 1 hr. during lunch at work and then I play more when I get home. Then I start playing Modern Warfare until I fall asleep. Then it's up at 4:30AM to start over again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2009, 02:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 18 2009, 10:49 AM) *
I'm just asking a lot of myself lately and it's starting to drag me down. I get up at 4:30AM to play guitar for a couple of hrs before i go to work. I play guitar for 1 hr. during lunch at work and then I play more when I get home. Then I start playing Modern Warfare until I fall asleep. Then it's up at 4:30AM to start over again.

That a very good schedule! You are being very productive. I understand what you are saying about how you feel and I think that every guitar player that takes this seriously have/had this feeling any time. I felt frustrated lot of times and I still feel like that sometimes. However I always try to reverse those feelings in order to get more energy to continue practicing and becoming a better musician. One thing that really works with me is watching dvds from my favorite bands/players.
BTW I think that you have to be patient with the results and enjoy the process. Enjoy doing music and playing the guitar,, if you don't this doesn't makes sense. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 21 2009, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Sorry for the poor video quality. My computer is being dumb and wouldn't record better quality video and keep the metronome at a steady speed at the same time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2009, 09:37 PM
Instructor
Well done man! smile.gif You are working this in the right way. I can't mark any problem in your technique so I think that you only have to continue playing this exercises everyday adding them to your routine. I notice that your hand get tired when you are reaching to the end of the exercises and this can be solved with more time of practice.
So great job and keep on working in this way! wink.gif
I'll be back later with the 4th assignment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2009, 10:38 PM
Instructor
Fourth Assignment:
Well purple hayes! I want to share with you a Bach piece called Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (arranged by Dave Celentano) for the last assignment of this month. This is a very cool Alternate picking exercise that is really useful to warm up before starting your practice routine or before a show. You have to play this piece starting with a down stroke and continue with alternate picking during the whole piece.
This would be our last exercise for this month and a really cool way to end this intensive AP work!

Attached File  December_MTP_Purple_Hayes_.gp5 ( 2.27K ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 22 2009, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Fourth Assignment:
Well purple hayes! I want to share with you a Bach piece called Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (arranged by Dave Celentano)

That one is a bit of a finger twister. I'll have it posted by late on the 26th or early on the 27th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2009, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 22 2009, 11:53 AM) *
That one is a bit of a finger twister. I'll have it posted by late on the 26th or early on the 27th.

Perfect!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 26 2009, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero

I've also submitted my monthly assignment to the REC board.

See you next year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2009, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Purple Hayes! You did a good take of this masterpiece. There are some little errors and some out of synchronization (between both hands) parts that must be worked. However the overall sounds well. We have to continue working on this kind of stuff the following month because we must look for the perfection. I mean the take is well but it's at its 80% and we must go for the 100%. Does this make sense? So.. keep this piece in your routine! smile.gif
I feel that this has been a very productive month. I'm very happy that you completed the whole December MTP. Thank you for your compromise and hard work!

See you next year! Happy New Year!

Gabriel.-

PS: I also graded your REC Take! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 1 2010, 11:18 PM
Instructor
MTP DECEMBER FINISHED

• 4 weekly assignments completed
  • REC PROGRAM TAKE: HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 PM