2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Easy Listening Aeolian Mood Uploads
David Wallimann
Oct 9 2009, 11:37 PM
Instructor
Upload your take for the Easy Listening Aeolian Mood Collab here please...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 10 2009, 01:28 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nothing fancy here just trying to be smooth and achieve a nice tone. Excellent backing for the mood Dave! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Easy_NB_Skenn.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 206
Attached File  Easy_WB_Skenn.mp3 ( 3.18MB ) Number of downloads: 273

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 11 2009, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Very nice take!
Thanks!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 14 2009, 11:22 PM
GMC:er
Hi David,

Based on my comments for the mixolydian collab I tried to focus on theme development here. I discussed what you said with my wife and she pointed out that I listen to music the same way, where I'll hear something cool and get excited, but if I hear it a few more times I say "alright... that's enough. I get the point." She reminded me that that's a sentence she hears me say all the time when I get a new album. Then I get aggravated if some new cool thing doesn't happen right away. I think I can regress this back to a comment I got on the first song I ever wrote when I was 14... the dude said it "got boring". It cut deep and since then I've been doing everything I can to avoid that. Maybe I should just get over it (especially considering that the whole song was basically a 3 minute two chord vamp - smile.gif ).

After listening back to this solo, I'm wondering if the "themes" are apparent enough. I went through about 10 until I settled on a few. Now listening back, I wonder if they got lost in there. Let me know - I'll keep at it.

Also, in this solo, there were less licks that I needed to "work out on paper" first. Way more was improvised than usual. There are a few mistakes in there, too. But I'm too excited to start on the Lydian collab to be nit-picky here.

Again, thanks a lot for putting this together and taking the time to help.

**EDIT - Please check out the newer upload below instead. Thanks!

This post has been edited by TheKeplerConjecture: Oct 15 2009, 02:56 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wallimann_Easy_TheKeplerConjecture.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 229

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 14 2009, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Without doing an in depth analysis of your work here, I just want to say that this is very very good!!!
Great construction, I feel that you have achieved something you can be very proud of here!
Only thing, are you a tiny bit out of tune? Sounds awesome though, very clever lead in my opinion!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you'll do on the Lydian take! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 15 2009, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 14 2009, 06:35 PM) *
Without doing an in depth analysis of your work here, I just want to say that this is very very good!!!
Great construction, I feel that you have achieved something you can be very proud of here!
Only thing, are you a tiny bit out of tune? Sounds awesome though, very clever lead in my opinion!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you'll do on the Lydian take! :-)

FLAT! Good call. Sorry about that. Please accept this repost.

Thanks for the positive feedback, also!

Attached File  Wallimann_Easy_TheKeplerConjecture2.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 328

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 15 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Excellent!!!!!!!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 15 2009, 12:41 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Oct 14 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Please accept this repost.

Nice take man!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 18 2009, 11:00 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Notes:
Tried to do some volume tone variations as an experiment which resulted in one note fading to much.
There's a bending that I tried to do that dued to the lack of sustain of my guitar faded too soon.
Very hard to come up with something for this backing to be honest but here you go tongue.gif

First time I recorded by licks as well...So sorry if the flow is interrupted tongue.gif

[attachment=18531:easyaeol...elaxnoBT.mp3]
[attachment=18530:easyaeolianrelaxBT.mp3]

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 18 2009, 11:01 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 19 2009, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Good job man!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 19 2009, 07:53 PM
@David: It IS serious business wink.gif

here are the goods... or at least "the mediocres"

EDIT: Mediocres removed.

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Oct 20 2009, 12:50 AM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 19 2009, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Oct 19 2009, 02:53 PM) *
@David: It IS serious business wink.gif

here are the goods... or at least "the mediocres"

Attached File  DWELA_jafomatic_full.mp3 ( 2.61MB ) Number of downloads: 203

Thanks Jeff!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 20 2009, 12:51 AM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 19 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Thanks Jeff!

Actually, I hope it's all right, I've taken that one down and will record another. I'm not sure how I became convinced that take was good. It's not.

I'll get another one up asap.

EDIT: And here it is. This one survived the "listen to it several hours later" test.

Attached File  DWELA_DEUX_jafomatic_full.mp3 ( 2.56MB ) Number of downloads: 200

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Oct 20 2009, 10:13 AM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Oct 25 2009, 05:56 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Ok, here's an improv

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Oct 25 2009, 07:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lol! forgot about this, rolleyes.gif heres my one take wonder!

Attached File  aoelian_easy_listening.mp3 ( 1.27MB ) Number of downloads: 203

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 25 2009, 11:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's mine David! first I was thinking of playing some kind of clean jazz guitar on this, but since I'm really lousy on George Benson -type of playing, I just improvised something. I could'nt help myself from playing some other notes as well, I hope You dont mind..... otherwise I can do another take with strictly aeolian.

//Staffay

EDIT: Forgot....
Guitar used: Warmoth Custom
Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp, some delay & reverb in the DAW.

This post has been edited by Staffy: Oct 25 2009, 11:32 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 26 2009, 03:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey David, I thought I'd go out on a limb and try something different this time. I've been rather dissatisfied with how I sound lately, like it's too rigid, correct and generic. So I tried to let all the pressure to get a perfect take go, and just get the one that sounded right. It's riddled with technical mistakes but I like how it sounds.

Attached File  aeolian_JVM.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 222

This post has been edited by JVM: Oct 26 2009, 03:04 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 26 2009, 06:46 PM
Here's mine David!
Not really happy with either this or the Lydian but I've been really busy lately and didn't want to not post anything at all!!!
[attachment=18734:SJEasy_l...ian_Mood.mp3]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 27 2009, 05:45 AM
I still didn't find time to write something I can be really confident in. But not posting something seems to hurt worse. So, here it is a tad late. Thanks

Attached File  EasyList_leedbreak_BT.mp3 ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 197

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Oct 27 2009, 04:54 PM
Here's my take.

Unlike lydian collab, this is completely improvised, and you know how bad I am at improvising smile.gif Still I quite like it. There are some timing mistakes and dead notes, and also it sounds... not so original smile.gif Oh and by the way - I used only pentatonic (I hope it's ok).

Attached File(s)
Attached File  aeo_collab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 182
Attached File  aeo_collab_nobt.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 181

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:14 PM