Long Time Dabbler!
alpha omega
Oct 14 2016, 01:09 AM
GMC:er
Hello all... just wanted to introduce myself to the GMC community.

As the topic title says, I am a long-time dabbler in guitar, but have never really been able to make myself buckle down and take things to the next level. I know the basic chords and a few power chords but that's about it. I'm middle aged and have been "playing" at playing guitar since my college days. I am a die-hard metal head, and I like a pretty wide range of music from Prog Metal to Death / Black Metal to Viking Metal! tongue.gif

Anyway, my hope is that being part of a community of fellow guitar players will give me the kick in the @$$ I need to get a bit more serious about learning and practicing and growing my skill set as a guitarist.

My main problem is that I don't really know where to start - there is just such a vast amount of information out there. Do you start with chords, scales, what!?

Anyway, thanks and hope to chat with some of you soon.

Cheers! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by alpha omega: Oct 14 2016, 01:21 AM

--------------------
Thrash Hard! \m/

Alpha_Omega
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2016, 10:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the family mate. I was in the same position as you when I joined. You will improve here.
Enjoy the journey.
See you around ☺

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 14 2016, 12:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif You can start by choosing a mentoring program with one of our instructors (Gabriel Leopardi or Todd Simpson). In this way you will have an organized structure for learning. See you around the forum wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 14 2016, 12:30 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
My advise is "try to have as much fun as possible when learning". That way you will want to practice more wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2016, 04:25 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome to GMC!!

Where to start? What about joining Todd's or my mentoring program? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
alpha omega
Oct 15 2016, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Excited to begin my GMC journey!

Gabriel, I have sent you a PM...

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Thrash Hard! \m/

Alpha_Omega

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2016, 08:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Gab is away this weekend with his band Cirse, he will 100% get back to you as soon as he's is back wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 15 2016, 11:20 PM
Todd here smile.gif Welcome to GMC!!! If you want to check out my Mentoring program as well, just shoot me a PM. You can drop one or both at any time, or keep one or both smile.gif Always up to you! Also, here is a link to my weekly "challenge" that gives out a backing and let's folks solo over it. You get a critique of your work and a spiff badge to show you had the cahones to put yourself out there! smile.gif

New Challenge every Sunday evening.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=56954

QUOTE (alpha omega @ Oct 15 2016, 12:16 PM) *
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Excited to begin my GMC journey!

Gabriel, I have sent you a PM...

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 PM