Cort Guitars?
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! The last week I went to some music stores and I found many Cort guitars here, I have never used them but they look nice for the price and many of them come with Seymour Duncan pick ups... Sincerely, I didn't know the brand too much... Have you ever tried one? What's your experience?

http://www.cortguitars.com/en/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 30 2012, 09:26 PM
Learning Roadie
I only know of the brand because of their entry level acoustic range, so I've never looked into them because of that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cort_Guitars

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 30 2012, 10:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
They are in charge of making most of the low end level guitars you find anywhere. They are also one of the shittiest large guitar companies out there from a moral point of view. I try to steer clear of them as much as I can, but it's hard when most cheap guitars are made at their factories smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Oct 30 2012, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 01:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Oct 30 2012, 06:00 PM) *
They are in charge of making most of the low end level guitars you find anywhere. They are also one of the shittiest large guitar companies out there from a moral point of view. I try to steer clear of them as much as I can, but it's hard when most cheap guitars are made at their factories smile.gif

Now I see why nobody talks about it here.. blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
OzRob
Oct 31 2012, 03:46 AM
GMC:er
I had a couple of Corts years ago. They were great. Looked great, played great, nice feel, good electronics, solid build. One of mine was a Les Paul style. It played and felt nicer than the real thing. But this was 20 years ago. Don't know what they're like now.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Nov 3 2012, 08:16 PM
I own one....
and its perfectly brilliant.
cort evl k6
Some Cort models like da one i own and another one called Cort XTH are amazing and half da price of an ESP Schecter or Ibanez... but the specs are mind blowing for da price...... EMGs Set Thru necks n alll.......

my friend owns an esp ax401 worth INR 55000
i got da same config as his on a Cort for INR 30000
and it really competes with this esp

sayin this from personal experience of using a cort and playing an esp wid similar config on da same amplifier

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2012, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Now I want to try one. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Nov 3 2012, 08:50 PM
Instructor
I use Cort Viva since 1996 - very good guitar - especially when you load a Schaller tremolo, Dunlop frets and custom pickups smile.gif I swear I love my Cort smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
zoom
Nov 4 2012, 01:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Here's someone playing a Cort. You may know him! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2012, 02:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Nov 3 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Here's someone playing a Cort. You may know him! biggrin.gif

Cool! Great tune and tone! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
squonk
Nov 4 2012, 03:48 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2012, 01:34 AM) *
Cool! Great tune and tone! smile.gif

Thats a kick ass tune!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 4 2012, 05:10 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2012, 07:29 PM) *
Hey guys! The last week I went to some music stores and I found many Cort guitars here, I have never used them but they look nice for the price and many of them come with Seymour Duncan pick ups... Sincerely, I didn't know the brand too much... Have you ever tried one? What's your experience?

I think it just depends on the model like everything else out there. I think they have some low end junk up to some higher end models. I believe that Gene Simmons used one at some point, but not sure.

I had one back in the late 80's and it was junk. It was made out of plywood and made a nasty hollow sound when you would flip the Pickup Switch...LOL. It was obviously of the lower end variety and the body was made from plywood. I got it in a trade and looked good and well kept but I got rid of it ASAP. I don't have any real experience with them though other than a few articles that I've seen but it seems that they have some nice models though. So yea, I'm sure it just depends on the model as to the level of quality you get.

That probably wasn't helpful for what you were looking for, but that's about all I know Gab.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 4 2012, 09:18 AM
Instructor
I have heard about them but only because they are protesting outside of the NAMM every year!
Here is an article about it!
I am not sure what the issue is but it's been going for a while!
http://cortaction.wordpress.com/2010/01/16...action-at-namm/

+Quote Post
wollace03
Nov 4 2012, 09:40 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 4 2012, 09:18 AM) *
I have heard about them but only because they are protesting outside of the NAMM every year!

well, its the same then in other businesses too: we enjoy cheap instruments and the workers buliding them are treated really bad. its a little bit the same then in the clothing industries. I think its time to know that these things happen and maybe the right time to think about the ways of production of things we buy - especially when we buy things we want to have but do not really need (I know we suffer from G.A.S).
We are all responsible for the world we live in so I think digging into the way things are produced is a good thing...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2012, 03:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 4 2012, 05:18 AM) *

I didn't know about this... sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Nov 6 2012, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2012, 07:29 PM) *

I had a Cort 5-string bass many years ago. The action was so high, it was like using one of those spring-loaded, finger-independence things.

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2012, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Nov 6 2012, 06:47 PM) *
I had a Cort 5-string bass many years ago. The action was so high, it was like using one of those spring-loaded, finger-independence things.

Did you asked a luthier about it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Nov 7 2012, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 7 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Did you asked a luthier about it?

I wasn't in direct communication with the luthier, I purchased it from a music store. However I did have it serviced but to no avail. The tech lowered the bridge and adjusted the truss rod but that that resulted in floppy, buzzing string, so I opted to return it to its original high action state. That was almost 20 years ago. Now I play Carvin exclusively.

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Nov 7 2012, 01:42 PM) *
I wasn't in direct communication with the luthier, I purchased it from a music store. However I did have it serviced but to no avail. The tech lowered the bridge and adjusted the truss rod but that that resulted in floppy, buzzing string, so I opted to return it to its original high action state. That was almost 20 years ago. Now I play Carvin exclusively.

ah ok, I tried one Carvin guitar and it was an excellent instrument.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 7 2012, 06:53 PM
The top-end Cort's are nice instruments and you get a lot of guitar for your money. The low-end ones you should steer clear of.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:01 PM