> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Five Finger Death Punch, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

George Hlio
Apr 27 2018, 07:42 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Five Finger Death Punch by Gabriel Leopardi

My 2nd take! I paid more attention to the lead part this time!

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=59105

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2018, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Looks like you have spent some serious time in the wood shed soldier!! I can practically smell the practice time!! I"m digging this one. You have a good sense of the "groove" of the piece which is critical. If you play it too stiff, it would sound just wrong. Also you got a good handle on the solo and stuck the landing on the bends!!!! Good palm muting as well through out the piece. Many, many folks just skip palm mute entirely and pay for it later when they have to wrap a sock around the guitar neck to record a solo. It's much tougher to do this live which is why we have "FRET WRAPS" as an entire industry. Folks don't wanna work on their muting. Not the case with you. Muting is solid. String noise is minimal. Good pick control, vibrato, it's all there. I don't remember your first take on this but but your second one is a winner in my book smile.gif Solid 7.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2018, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Nice George!! This is getting better! smile.gif

I can notice improvements along the whole take regarding the different elements that we've commented in your previous take. Here I'll sumarize the things that still need more work in order to polish the lesson.

- Timing: You tend to go before the beat in most of the parts. This happens with rhythm sections but also in the solo part. Try to avoid rushing the tempo when playing. Put your attention on this and everything will sound tighter.

- The part at 00:44 is the one that needs more work from the rhythm section. Isolate it and try to get more comfortable with rhythm.

- Vibrato: Work on this technique. Sometimes it sounds a bit weak, but the main issue is that it starts too quiclkly and makes your lead sound like "nervous".

- Bending: Your bends are not bad, but there is still room to polish pitch.

Ok mate, I would continue playing this one so your metal playing keeps evolving.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 1 2018, 11:17 AM
Instructor
As Gab mentioned there are still some things to workout. Definitely your still out of comfort zone with this lesson because there are many moments of hesitation and they affect timing differently. The weakest part is in the middle where play muted, alternate runs. Try to start from medium strenght...maybe you are trying to push the pick too hard and that's why it stucks between strings. Try to inscreas pick angle just for this particular part. Of course that's just pointing out what to be fixed but your general imprvement is visible and lately you do a lot! I think there start to be time for a single, more serious lesson that will take you longer time and more attention. I have a feeling liek this level is more a matter of practise time to avoid wondering "where to go with this finger"...It's more a head than the fingers smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2018, 08:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:37 PM