Fame Isn't That Good...
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2012, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Just happened upon this bizarre story involving an alleged plot to murder Justin Bieber..

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/justin-bieber...-151043931.html

Whether it's true or not, there will be some people out there who genuinely do plan these sorts of things. Regardless of what we think of Bieber's music he's still a human being and one who can never really live a normal life. You can have all the money and fame in the world but it can't protect one from the thoughts that people genuinely wish you harm and or/ death on a regular basis. I can't imagine the mental pressure that's carried by people in the fame spotlight.. some people seek that position, some people are thrust into it. But once you're there, it's very hard to hold on to any sort of normality and people will hate you just for being there. I feel sorry for the guy.

We all know what it's like to have hard days and hard periods in our life.. now imagine adding death threats and universal ridicule and hatred to that bunch.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 14 2012, 12:05 PM
GMC:er
I'd take the money made from fame and dissapear to a large property with nice views.
(Good views=good thoughts)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 14 2012, 12:07 PM
Such individuals should just be ignored...

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 14 2012, 03:31 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Everything has a price, and I don't think that the price of fame is really high, I guess most of these people are able to cope with this pressure, especially considering how many other aspects of pressure in life is gone thanks to connections/money/power. There are 560 (both rooms of the parliament) people in Poland constantly plotting on how they could squeeze more money from polish citizens and limit their freedom yet most Poles are able to sleep at night tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor
This explains the phobia that famous people uses to have... Madonna is in Argentina now and he asked (by contract) that nobody of the people working for her looks her into her eyes... the same happened with Avril Lavigne and Trent Reznor. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 14 2012, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Looks like we read the same news these days Ben ! This one and other about the golfer biggrin.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 15 2012, 11:26 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 14 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Looks like we read the same news these days Ben ! This one and other about the golfer biggrin.gif !

We all do Sinisa laugh.gif

It's fun to make jokes about JB, and I'm sure he can deal with it. But this is out of bounds. If you don't like something, just ignore it.

As for the stars and their phobias: that's why I prefer not so huge punk/rock/metal acts. I went to a Toten Hosen concert (again) yesterday and after the show I met the support band (Royal Republic, great band) in the lobby of the venue and had a little chat with them.
The same happend when I went to an Anti-Flag concert in a really small venue. The guys just walked through the crowd while the support bands were playing and would chat with anyone who wanted to.
When you talk to them, you realize they are just regular people who wanna have fun, like everyone else who go to a concert.
Never understood the whole "stalking" thing, but maybe that's because I'm pretty much sane (there, I said it!! laugh.gif )

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 15 2012, 01:59 PM
Learning Roadie
The big problem these days is less with being famous but I think more to do with the celebrity status.

There are many famous artists, that might get noticed and pose for photo's etc, but they don't get hounded by fans and media. There is an element of respect for them. I think the ones with the celebrity tag, who have been heavily marketed by the record company and have to court the media to stay in the public eye and keep themselves a relevant are the ones who have the most problems.

I'm not saying Beiber isn't a good musician, and a hard worker. But his choices and the choices made for him, but him in the Celebrity culture catagory

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2012, 03:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2012, 07:26 AM) *
We all do Sinisa laugh.gif

It's fun to make jokes about JB, and I'm sure he can deal with it. But this is out of bounds. If you don't like something, just ignore it.

As for the stars and their phobias: that's why I prefer not so huge punk/rock/metal acts. I went to a Toten Hosen concert (again) yesterday and after the show I met the support band (Royal Republic, great band) in the lobby of the venue and had a little chat with them.
The same happend when I went to an Anti-Flag concert in a really small venue. The guys just walked through the crowd while the support bands were playing and would chat with anyone who wanted to.
When you talk to them, you realize they are just regular people who wanna have fun, like everyone else who go to a concert.
Never understood the whole "stalking" thing, but maybe that's because I'm pretty much sane (there, I said it!! laugh.gif )

Christian

yeah, this happens with more underground music... ou earn less (maybe 0) money but your mind keeps healthy.. tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2012, 04:22 PM
Instructor
The best thing is to never chase the 'celebrity' status. You can be massively successful, known around the world and still live a normal life. Just look at Iron Maiden. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2012, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 15 2012, 12:22 PM) *
The best thing is to never chase the 'celebrity' status. You can be massively successful, known around the world and still live a normal life. Just look at Iron Maiden. smile.gif

are they in England?? Here they are treated as celebrities... people goes crazy when they come...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2012, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 15 2012, 03:45 PM) *
are they in England?? Here they are treated as celebrities... people goes crazy when they come...

Well you are right Gab.. Maiden are treated like royalty by their fans but to non metal fans on the street they would probably not be known . That is the right balance I think.

The average housewife or X Factor watcher wouldn't know who Bruce Dickinson was.. so you'll never see Iron Maiden members talked about in the news or tabloid media because they're not celebrities smile.gif

Best of both worlds !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2012, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 15 2012, 01:56 PM) *
Well you are right Gab.. Maiden are treated like royalty by their fans but to non metal fans on the street they would probably not be known . That is the right balance I think.

The average housewife or X Factor watcher wouldn't know who Bruce Dickinson was.. so you'll never see Iron Maiden members talked about in the news or tabloid media because they're not celebrities smile.gif

Best of both worlds !

yeah, it's true!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 15 2012, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 15 2012, 04:22 PM) *

But Heavy metal musicians never got into "celebrity status"

Dont' mix frogs and grandmas Ben laugh.gif

Btw. Iron MAiden Suck nowadays .

Judas Priest FTW!! mad.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 18 2012, 01:32 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I can't imagine how life feels for those stars. Obviously you loose a lot of freedom in a way as you can't do normal things ever again. I guess its fun at first but at some point it must get boring or annoying? You switch to a completely (somewhat isolated) realm of life. We usually don't consider privacy as top priority in our lives- I bet for the stars its one of the most important and somewhat unreachable things out there.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 18 2012, 09:41 AM
Learning Roadie
It's a two edged sword for them, they're quite happy to play the game when it suits them to promote themselves and their product (which for most is themselves) but when it doesn't suit them they get upset.

I'm not sure you can have it both ways

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 18 2012, 11:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 15 2012, 05:41 PM) *
But Heavy metal musicians never got into "celebrity status"

That's what I mean, my Serbian friend ! smile.gif The great thing about metal is that these guys can be massively successful, known around the world but still not be 'celebrities' smile.gif

Maiden & Metallica are the biggest and most well known metal bands in my opinion. Yet, they're not hounded by the press like celebrities would be. I'm not sure about Metallica so much, they're probably closer to being well known by non metal fans than any other metal band.. but still, metal bands are generally only known to metal fans. Which is good smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 18 2012, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Disposable music

I'm not saying pop music isn't artistic, some is real quality, think Neil Finn/Crowded House, (again those artists don't tend to have these problems), but those producing disposable music, or music that is a fashion statement than an artistic statement, that is cool one month but then shunned the next, have to been seen in the public eye and in the gossip columns for the sake of their career, the music isn't strong enough to sustain them.

I'm a big fan of the producer/writer Dr Luke, he has been responsible for quality pop songs like Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone (years later still an awesome song) and Miley Cyrus's Party In The USA (disposable teeny song with a limited shelf life), which of those two artists is more in need of the papparazzi and gossip columns.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 18 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 18 2012, 10:28 AM) *
Disposable music

I'm not saying pop music isn't artistic, some is real quality, think Neil Finn/Crowded House, (again those artists don't tend to have these problems), but those producing disposable music, or music that is a fashion statement than an artistic statement, that is cool one month but then shunned the next, have to been seen in the public eye and in the gossip columns for the sake of their career, the music isn't strong enough to sustain them.

I'm a big fan of the producer/writer Dr Luke, he has been responsible for quality pop songs like Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone (years later still an awesome song) and Miley Cyrus's Party In The USA (disposable teeny song with a limited shelf life), which of those two artists is more in need of the papparazzi and gossip columns.

Yeah I see what you're saying. To an extent, a lot of pop artists literally thrive on gossip, celebrity lifestyle etc.. but still, I wouldn't want to be them for all the money in the world.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 18 2012, 11:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I used to think that maybe as a means to an end, start off in the pop music boyband type thing to get a foot in the door, learn the industry and make contacts, then do what you actually want. Like JT to some extent.

Now, well I'm too old, and I don't think I could motivate myself to deal with all the crap and sing really bad songs

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:11 PM