Can You Direct Me To A Lesson For This?
Guitar1969
Sep 8 2008, 04:39 AM
GMC:er
Not sure where to finds this or even what its called., but one thing that I really need help with is learning how to add small little chord endings/licks/embellishments/phrases after playing chords, or at end of progressions, designed for one guitarist(Playing rhythm and lead). Sort phrases/embellishments of 1 to 3 notes. Seems that there are some pretty common ones that are used by many guitarists-I hear them on many songs, but whenever I try to dissect them(Figure out the theory behind them like what intervals they are using) to understand why they work, I can't. So I was wondering where I could learn the more common ones(Kind of like the note on the high E string for the D to Dsus to D7 embellishment. Not sure if these are called partial chords, embellishments, or what.

I know my pentatonic scales, but I find myself in a rut where I end up playing way too much lead phrasing
when I need to be balancing my rhythm chords with shorter lead notes thrown in here and there.

I'm sorry if my question is not very clear- Just shows how little I know about this. Is there a lesson that talks about this aspect, or teaches some common ones to use.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Sep 8 2008, 04:40 AM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Jose Mena
Sep 8 2008, 04:50 AM
Instructor
Not sure what you mean, you mean like Dire Straits Sultans of Swing where Mark Knopfler plays like rhythm and lead?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Sep 8 2008, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 7 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Not sure what you mean, you mean like Dire Straits Sultans of Swing where Mark Knopfler plays like rhythm and lead?

Not really - more of spicing up my rhthym playing with extra short phrases/notes added in here and there to keep it from sounding boring.

Problem is i don't know what to call it - Maybe "Chord Embellishments?" I did a search on the video sessons and came up with nothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 8 2008, 05:47 AM
Instructor
Something like this, like when he is playing chords he does stuff around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbvSBNLLoo

maybe?

Or simpler stuff

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 8 2008, 06:26 AM
Click Me!!!

Is this what you mean????

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 8 2008, 08:58 AM
GMC Founder
Maybe this?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/soul-lesson/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 8 2008, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Here's one of my older lessons: Jimi Hendrix Style. You can find several embellishments there, as Jimi often soloed and player chords at the same time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Sep 8 2008, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 8 2008, 12:58 AM) *

That's kind of what I am thinking- I guess I need to get some more soul in my playing. I was thinking that there must be a few really common ones(Even cliche ones) that should be a part of every guitar player's arsenal.

That Jimi Hendix one is cool too.

I'll work on these.

Thanks,

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:23 AM