> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Simple Metal Solo, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Feb 15 2019, 12:00 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Simple Metal Solo by Darius Wave

Hi GMC

I learned this lesson 2 months ago.
My coach Gab's encouragement and the advice of Darius helped me a lot.

It's not perfect yet,
I could have with time improved timing and cleanliness, but I wanted to finalize this lesson.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Feb 16 2019, 11:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2019, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I commented this one at the mentoring thread: HERE.

Keep on the hard work!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2019, 04:18 AM
GMC:er
Nice!!! This one is anything but easy. It's just about every solo technique you can think of wrapped in to one solo. The licks are pretty complex and the timing leaves zero gap to get from one complex shape to the next complex shape. Bravo for jumping in head first and putting up a rec. I enjoyed the entire thing. I can see you have put in the time on this. It's very close to being stage ready. Still could use a few more practice sessions as there is just so much to be played here. I noticed around 55/56 seconds, your timing chops up a pinch and you have a hard time moving between the shapes in under one beat. That's tough because there isn't a beat there to move inside of. You've got move your entire hand and stick the landing on the next count. I'd loop that section and play it backwards and forwards.

It's not enough to throw me off though, solid 7 from me!!

Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 15 2019, 07:00 AM) *
Original lesson: Simple Metal Solo by Darius Wave

Hi GMC

I learned this lesson 2 months ago.
My coach Gab's encouragement and the advice of Darius helped me a lot.

It's not perfect yet,
I could have with time improved timing and cleanliness, but I wanted to finalize this lesson.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 19 2019, 10:25 AM
Instructor
You know my thoughts as well so I'll just reposts few facts for clearance. I think you've done many details really nicely and some videos you sent me had progress one over another. To be honest you rushed your rec posting and that's all. You nees some more work with these 3 strings sweeps due to some hand mechanics difference we spoke about. Besides this it really ncie and clean in other parts with just some very tiny dettails on articulation but let don't waste time to think of the past. Let's just focus on preparing second take. Give your self some time....you can always count on Gabirel's and my help. You can verify take before reposting if you want to feel more confident wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 19 2019, 08:16 PM
GMC Founder
Firs, I love your tone - sounds amazing!

Many of the fast licks give me the impression you were not quite ready for this one - though I have to say it is very promising. I can't quite recall I have heard you play in this genre before - it's very exciting you are expanding your horizons! Can't wait to hear you play this one if/when you choose to give it your full attention!

You get a 6 from me, keep up the amazing work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 26 2019, 02:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM