Do You Listen To The Radio In Your Car?
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 6 2014, 12:01 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What do you like to listen in your car? What kind of music and do you maybe listen to the local radio stations?

I really like tuning in to a local rock radio station in comparison to listening to mp3s or CDs when driving.
This is the only place I actually listen to the good old local radio. That makes me wonder, are radio stations nowadays limited mostly to drivers, some shops and hairdressing salons? Is radio slowly dying?

Lately I have been listening to quite a bit of online radio on my cell phone when going for a walk or exercise and find it really cool to discover new music. The downside from it is that I know a lot of songs in a specific genre (of the radio) but have no clue about the artists or song titles sad.gif On the other hand, online radio seems to be going more towards streaming kind of services. iTunes Radio for example - I find it awesome but it is more like an online cloud of music/playlist than a real radio. Strange thing is that I can follow my favorite live radio stations when home but I just don't do it...it is like it is reserved for car only smile.gif

How about you - do you listen to the real radio with live hosts etc?
When listening to radio online, which service/stations you follow?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
klasaine
Jun 6 2014, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
I listen to actual, terrestrial radio in my car ... sometimes even at home. I dig the concept - call me crazy.

CDs too and occasionally I'll rout an mp3 player into the car stereo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 6 2014, 12:58 AM

+Quote Post
Becca
Jun 6 2014, 12:03 PM
GMC:er
In my car I usually have my iphone bluetoothed through the system. i tend to listen to Spotify albums that I have made available offline. Currently I listen to The Hellecasters while driving but also Croz, the new album from Dave Crosby. Also SEEDS by Days Of Confusion is lined up next. Our very own Cosmin Lupu!! It is an excellent piece of work that deserves repeated playings. LOUD.
I tend to listen to Talk stations on radio at home. BBC Radio 4 mainly but just signed up to Fubar radio. Its a 'free speech' comedy interweb station which can be hilarious even if the language would make a Trucker blush. There is a free trial available for Fubar. Give it a go smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 6 2014, 05:08 PM
Instructor
There is no car here... sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 7 2014, 10:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I listen to a couple of rock radio stations at work, all day. A classic rock station and occasionally flip over to a more metal one. Its actually one of the plus points about my job...... as you can see im not the most responsible career driven guy around huh.gif
In the car I just listen to my own collection. I tend to listen to a lot of new stuff in my car, Its one of my favourite places to listen to music actually smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:18 PM