> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Beat Zbinden's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2015, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat! Welcome to Gab's Army! You said you're ready for the army, so I would like to know what are your plans, goals, and latest performances...

Could you please share it here?

Welcome to the biggest guitar Army ever. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 5 2015, 11:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel

I want to improve my technique and my timing.
And better creativity and ability to improvise.

My latest performances:

https://youtu.be/Da4S9gO_ihk

https://youtu.be/6Wo-Zu_qNp0

https://youtu.be/nqLDwuIaJhk

https://youtu.be/iBI965ioxR8

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2015, 11:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat! Thanks for posting your videos here. I could review this stuff and I have the following first conclusions:

- Your rock rhythm technique is good an intermediate level. You can play riffs and chord changes tight and smooth.
- You have timing issues when soloing, not very big, but they are there. You tend to go before the beat on trickier licks.
- Your vibrato is wide but not totally regular and connected with the groove.
- Bending not always precise.

So let's design some routines to start working on this. What lessons are you currently working? Any new ones?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 6 2015, 08:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel

Thanks for your feedback.
I think this is exact that what i mean or what i feel.
I invest a lot of time every day in my guitar playing
I make every morning before my work an hour .
Then after work , there is also another 1-3 hours.
On weekends when the weather is bad , there are more hours ...

I work on different lessons.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/odd-grooves/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gary-M...ienne-Walkways/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Anvil-Style/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2015, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Hi beat, that's a cool list of lessons to work on. I've re-checked the solo lessons that you recorded and I noted that one of the main timing issues appears when you have to play triplets over both the blues and neoclassical backing track. I also note a problem when you have to play swinged phrases over the blues backing.

During this first week, keep on working on those 4 lessons that you've listed here but also work on this:

- Timing workout

Practice playing triplets over both blues and neoclassical backing tracks. Start with an open string, or any other note from the scale. Play triplets for some minutes, try to get the first of every 3 triplets accentuated and the whole thing tight. Once you are comfortable with this record your self and share an audio or video here.

- Bending practice

Dedicate 15 minutes every day to this exercise: https://youtu.be/Hh_pYY6UYIw. Practice it with only guitar and then over backing tracks. Record yourself and share the backing track version here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 12 2015, 03:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel

After the first Week i have a Recording for you.
I have play Triplets over the Blues backing track.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_Triplets.mp3 ( 551.96K ) Number of downloads: 86

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2015, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat, great job with this exercise. Your triplets are tight over the backing, now we should check how this practice affected your blues licks performance. Sometimes, the tricky part is to be able to switch from 8th and 16th notes to triplets so that's the difficult part of playing the full lesson. Have you been practicing it? Did you note improvements?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 16 2015, 06:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel
The last days i spend more time to train to switch from 8th and 16th notes to triplets.
I have made a new Rec for you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_Licks.mp3 ( 551.96K ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 17 2015, 02:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel

The first Rec about my Bending Practice.
I have made this wihout Vibrato...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  String_Bending.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2015, 03:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Apr 16 2015, 02:08 PM) *
Hi Gabriel
The last days i spend more time to train to switch from 8th and 16th notes to triplets.
I have made a new Rec for you.

Good job Beat! This take sounds much better than the previous one if I focus on timing. There is still room to make it sound tighter but now you're getting closer. This means that the timing workout had good effects on your playing. Now I feel that the new thing to focus (besides timing off course) is your bending. Most of your bends don't reach the correct pitch, so pay attention to it.

On the other hand, the bending rec sounds very good. This shows that you can play on pitch when you totally focus on it. There are only a few bends that don't sound perfect, the overall is very good. Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:36 AM