Coffeeman/big Harry Mtp Thread
big harry
Feb 6 2009, 10:01 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hey Andru

here is the agenda which we talked about

any comments on that ?

Practice agenda

Warm up - Hand snyc and Carlos chords in different positions for different chords - 15 mins
Chords, timing and rhythm - 2 exercises, each 10 mins - 20 mins
Alternate picking - 3 exercises, each 10 mins - 30 mins
Soloing - 1 Solo from different styles every week - 20 mins
Jamming over backing - up to 20 mins

Summary 105 mins a day

cheers
Harry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 8 2009, 07:59 PM
Hey Andru

here is an UPDATE from the agenda which we talked about

any comments on that ?

Practice agenda

Warm up - Hand snyc and Carlos chords in different positions for different chords - 15 mins
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation1/
Exercise 2 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation2/
Exercise 1 and 2 moves on to Hands synch series

Exercise 3 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...g-major-chords/
Exercise 3 moves on to different chords every week

Chords, timing and rhythm - 2 exercises, each 10 mins - 20 mins
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/acdc-style-in-e-minor/
Exercise 2 - to be defined

Alternate picking - 3 exercises, each 10 mins - 30 mins
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/
Exercise 2 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...note-exercises/
Exercise 3 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rnate-picking1/

Soloing - 1 Solo from different styles every week - 20 mins
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...loing-beginner/

Jamming over backing - up to 20 mins
to be defined

Summary 105 mins a day

Did you have time to check out the alternate takes ?

cheers
Harry

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by big harry: Feb 11 2009, 03:12 PM

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 9 2009, 09:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 6 2009, 02:57 PM) *
CALL ME MASTER MY FRIEND laugh.gif

here we go at 60 bpm
give me 2 more days and i will at 160 laugh.gif

What do you think ?

Hi there my friend,

Sorry for the delay again.

Very nice work on this one, it isn't entirely perfect , cause you repeated an upstroke at some points, but you did an awesome work. The timing is perfect and every note sounds very clear. I would only suggest to turn down the distortion a little bit.

Now that you are mastering the alternate picking technique I would like to see a video of Jose Mena 16th note excercise , it doesn't have to be the whole lesson , just a couple of excercises.

I'll pick a solo for you to learn this week , and of course I would like see it on video by the weekend.

Harry do you like AC/DC?

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 10 2009, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 9 2009, 09:19 PM) *
Hi there my friend,

Sorry for the delay again.

Very nice work on this one, it isn't entirely perfect , cause you repeated an upstroke at some points, but you did an awesome work. The timing is perfect and every note sounds very clear. I would only suggest to turn down the distortion a little bit.

Now that you are mastering the alternate picking technique I would like to see a video of Jose Mena 16th note excercise , it doesn't have to be the whole lesson , just a couple of excercises.

I'll pick a solo for you to learn this week , and of course I would like see it on video by the weekend.

Harry do you like AC/DC?

no need to say sorry Adnru
didnt want to push you Andru, sorry for that PM wink.gif

i repeated upstrokes at some points ? i cant imagine, i am the master of alternate picking rolleyes.gif
i need to have a look again ......
i tried to push alternate up to 70 bpm but thats not good, i am not able to handle it so i will continue on 60 or maybe 65
my point of view is to get to 75 or 80 at the end of february

i will start today or at least tomorrow with Jose´s lesson, i have done some parts before but i need to get into it

what kind of question ?
i dont like ACDC - I LOVE THEM
they have been a part of my life since i was 14, i have all albums of them (real records - not CD *hehehe*)
and for christmas my wife gave me "black ice" hmmmmmmmm
in my former band we played some songs like "highway to hell", "whole lotta rosie", "Thunderstruck" and "High voltage"
i also tried some more like "Back in black", "You shook me all night long", "For those about to rock", "shoot to thrill" and also "Hells bells" but that doesnt sound so great cause as you know i have some probs with open chords laugh.gif
this is MY MUSIC if you know what i mean, i totally can identify with this kind of music

how is your "doctor" going on ?
still "dont need a doctor" ? tongue.gif
do you have a GP5 file of this song ? i would love to get it also ?

i have listened again to this song and it gets more and more awesome
thx for sharing this with me

cya
Harry

This post has been edited by big harry: Feb 10 2009, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 10 2009, 09:42 PM
in fact that i decided to start today with Jose´s 16th alternate here are some test vids from the first 3 exercises
this exercises are getting more fluently from the fingers than Muris´s thirds so i could do it at 80 bpm, starting from 60

its still hard to keep on track with the alternate, still need to really focus on that but i think i am getting warmer with it

if alternate and me can get "friends" will show the future but its getting a bit warmer indeed
thats just my oppinion, lets see what you say

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  16th_alternate_ex1__80bpm.wmv ( 1.27MB ) Number of downloads: 90
Attached File  16th_alternate_ex2__80bpm.wmv ( 974.07K ) Number of downloads: 116
Attached File  16th_alternate_ex3__80bpm.wmv ( 880.32K ) Number of downloads: 107

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 10 2009, 10:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 10 2009, 03:42 PM) *
in fact that i decided to start today with Jose´s 16th alternate here are some test vids from the first 3 exercises
this exercises are getting more fluently from the fingers than Muris´s thirds so i could do it at 80 bpm, starting from 60

its still hard to keep on track with the alternate, still need to really focus on that but i think i am getting warmer with it

if alternate and me can get "friends" will show the future but its getting a bit warmer indeed
thats just my oppinion, lets see what you say

cya
Harry

Awesome work my friend, I really don't have anything to say here.

When working this kind of excercises , go to a speed where you can't play it perfectly, for example in this case go to 90 bpm , play the excercise and the play it at a comfortable speed where you can play it perfect, that way your brain knows where you want to go , but to go there you have to play it perfectly first, I hope you get what I mean.

I think 80 bpm for the alternate picking thirds by the end of the month is a totally achivable goal , you will make it my friend , I'm completely sure.

I really don't need a doctor , cause I know whats ailing me. What I need is to sing and play that song , IM insane with it , is just amazing. I don't have the tabs , I learned it by ear , but I'm pretty sure that if you search in google you'll find them. I'm really glad you liked it.

So why don't you pick one of those AC/DC songs with open chords , and practice it in the timining section of our routine, it can be more fun.

Ok let's talk about soloing , I want you to learn this lesson Blues soloing beginner and of course I want you to participate on this month challenge with your video.

Tell me what you think about it , and ask if you have any help my alternate picking monster friend.

Cheers.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 11 2009, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 10 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Awesome work my friend, I really don't have anything to say here.

When working this kind of excercises , go to a speed where you can't play it perfectly, for example in this case go to 90 bpm , play the excercise and the play it at a comfortable speed where you can play it perfect, that way your brain knows where you want to go , but to go there you have to play it perfectly first, I hope you get what I mean.

I think 80 bpm for the alternate picking thirds by the end of the month is a totally achivable goal , you will make it my friend , I'm completely sure.

I really don't need a doctor , cause I know whats ailing me. What I need is to sing and play that song , IM insane with it , is just amazing. I don't have the tabs , I learned it by ear , but I'm pretty sure that if you search in google you'll find them. I'm really glad you liked it.

So why don't you pick one of those AC/DC songs with open chords , and practice it in the timining section of our routine, it can be more fun.

Ok let's talk about soloing , I want you to learn this lesson Blues soloing beginner and of course I want you to participate on this month challenge with your video.

Tell me what you think about it , and ask if you have any help my alternate picking monster friend.

Cheers.

Guitar speed trainer says that you should start at a speed where you can play it, then go faster and faster until you are not able to play it and then go back to a slower speed where you nearly are able to play it for 1 or 2 times
do you mean something like that ?

i found some tabs on Ultimate guitar just for the intro and i started to try it yesterday but..........no chance *hehehe*

what do you mean with participate on this month challange ?
what kind of challange are you talking about ?

yeah for sure i will have a look on that solo and see what i can do rolleyes.gif

hmmm ACDC songs for open chords training ??? sounds quite good to me cool.gif
i will take a short look, which song i will choose .....

and what about the jam session you mentioned ?the thing with the lead guitar
what can i do in that part ? i am not really sure how to start this thing off.

cya later
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 11 2009, 05:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 11 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Guitar speed trainer says that you should start at a speed where you can play it, then go faster and faster until you are not able to play it and then go back to a slower speed where you nearly are able to play it for 1 or 2 times
do you mean something like that ?

i found some tabs on Ultimate guitar just for the intro and i started to try it yesterday but..........no chance *hehehe*

what do you mean with participate on this month challange ?
what kind of challange are you talking about ?

yeah for sure i will have a look on that solo and see what i can do rolleyes.gif

hmmm ACDC songs for open chords training ??? sounds quite good to me cool.gif
i will take a short look, which song i will choose .....

and what about the jam session you mentioned ?the thing with the lead guitar
what can i do in that part ? i am not really sure how to start this thing off.

cya later
Harry

Thats exactly what I mean , the same as the guitar speed trainer. You have to show your mind where you wnat to go , but the you have to play it perfectly at a comfortable speed.

Every month there is a challenge , Smells picks an instructor and picks a beginner , intermediate and an advanced lesson, the students who want to join should play one of the lessons and upload them on this thread. So I want you to learn that solo , and upload your video(it has to be a youtube video), by the end of the month everyone votes on the best take. So try to learn it and let me know if you have any difficulties.

Im looking forward to that AC/DC song.

Since we've been doing excercises on the major scale , take the first part of the backing track of the thirds alternate picking lesson and jam over it. If you want to make it a little trickier change to the minor scale on the second part.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

cheers my friend.

P.D That I don't need no doctor riff is a tricky one , but you'll get it.

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Feb 11 2009, 05:58 PM

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 12 2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Andru

Whats up ?

Take a look at my updated agenda
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p;showentry=636

now its complete, what do you think about it ?

started with the Blues solo yesterday, the beginning is quite easy but then at around 16 seconds there is a part which is written some kind of weird in the GP file (wrote this already to Ivan) and this causes me some probs
will have a look at it again today and see what i can check out

i picked "Shoot to thrill" from AC/DC for the timing part, lets see what i can get out of it

just wanted to update you my friend

cya later
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 13 2009, 09:36 AM
hey my friend

just wanted to inform you that i took a day off yesterday and didnt do anything from my agenda

i just sat down and worked on Pedjas new collab

i wasnt in the mood for hard practice routine so i decided just to jam around on that
put a test-take on my agenda if you want to hear

but i gues today i will continue with hard work rolleyes.gif

just to keep you at the latest news wink.gif

when is your gig this weekend ?
did you get the "doctor" ready for jam ? smile.gif sure you did

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 12 2009, 09:28 AM) *
Hey Andru

Whats up ?

Take a look at my updated agenda
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p;showentry=636

now its complete, what do you think about it ?

started with the Blues solo yesterday, the beginning is quite easy but then at around 16 seconds there is a part which is written some kind of weird in the GP file (wrote this already to Ivan) and this causes me some probs
will have a look at it again today and see what i can check out

i picked "Shoot to thrill" from AC/DC for the timing part, lets see what i can get out of it

just wanted to update you my friend

cya later
Harry

Hey my friend,

Awesome job with the agenda!

Regarding the blues solo , I would prefer if you learn the lesson using the videos , so watch how Ivan is playing the solo , the GP file can be tricky, with the inside videos you can watch Ivan plaz it slowly and then up to tempo. I'll take a look at tha part so I can tell how to work on it.

Nice song my friend , learn the chords, and play it slowly.

Thats what Im talking about , taking part in the collabs is an awesome work. Thats it my friend, I'll listen to your test take.

Cheers.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 14 2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Andru back again

i had some troubles with the pc so i needed to reinstall windows and all the other stuff once more but i now i think i am back on top *hehehe*

here is the first try of the blues solo till 26 seconds (of the original)
the last part i didnt do till now, as you know i had to fight with the part at 16 sec
think i got the fingerings now from this part, but still need some work on it

its at 70bpm because i want to play it really clean (didnt work *hehehe*) but i also tried it at original of 90
still some mistakes in there but i guess i can do it (maybe in 2012 or sthg like that tongue.gif ) now just kidding
i wil get this thing
how was your gig with the "doctor" ?
hope everything was good..........

lets see what you think of this take (just audio)

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_soloing___70bpm_26sec.mp3 ( 594.82K ) Number of downloads: 146

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 14 2009, 10:31 PM
hi again

i did some work today rolleyes.gif

here at my agenda i put the first try on "shoot to thrill" for lead guitar
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p;showentry=663
just have a look and tell me what you think

i KNOW its not perfect and PLEASE dont think tooooooooooooooo much of the solo at the end *hehehe*

hope to hear from you soon again

cheers
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 17 2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Andru

here i am again before this thread is going to freeze *hehehe*

here is my first video take of the blues solo at full speed

still some mistakes in it but its going the right direction i guess
what do you think ?

how was your gig Andru ?
did the doctor sound good to the crowd ?
i am sure they have been stagediving and all that stuff while you were playing *hehehe*

btw my sound and computer is back on, was a tough job *ufffff*

cya
Harry

This post has been edited by big harry: Feb 17 2009, 09:57 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_solo___beginner_take_1.wmv ( 2.27MB ) Number of downloads: 97

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 17 2009, 10:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 17 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Hey Andru

here i am again before this thread is going to freeze *hehehe*

here is my first video take of the blues solo at full speed

still some mistakes in it but its going the right direction i guess
what do you think ?

how was your gig Andru ?
did the doctor sound good to the crowd ?
i am sure they have been stagediving and all that stuff while you were playing *hehehe*

btw my sound and computer is back on, was a tough job *ufffff*

cya
Harry

Hello my friend,

Great job on this one.

You know what I am going to say right?

Of course the objective here isn't to play it strictly with alterante picking, but you have improved a lot on that I can see that you stick to ap. You made a few mistakes , but it sounds very nice. Try to apply the vibrato on the higher strings upwards, if you were bending the string up, try that and let me know. Your vibrato on lower strings is very very nice I like it a lot. Also try to keep your right hand close to the strings to mute those strings you're not playing.

In general you did a great job, Im very proud.

We still need to work on the ap , but it is coming my friend I can see.

Im very glad that you fixed your computer , sometimes I would like to throw mine over the window.

Maybe I'll go to a jam this week and give the doctor a shot , Im getting insane with that song , I'll play it all day , the thing is that I can't sing it yet so , I have to practice it a little bit more.

Cheers my friend, I'll take a look at your agenda in a couple of minutes , and don't worry cause we're not going to let this thread freeze.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 18 2009, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 17 2009, 10:53 PM) *
Hello my friend,

Great job on this one.

You know what I am going to say right?

Of course the objective here isn't to play it strictly with alterante picking, but you have improved a lot on that I can see that you stick to ap. You made a few mistakes , but it sounds very nice. Try to apply the vibrato on the higher strings upwards, if you were bending the string up, try that and let me know. Your vibrato on lower strings is very very nice I like it a lot. Also try to keep your right hand close to the strings to mute those strings you're not playing.

In general you did a great job, Im very proud.

We still need to work on the ap , but it is coming my friend I can see.

Im very glad that you fixed your computer , sometimes I would like to throw mine over the window.

Maybe I'll go to a jam this week and give the doctor a shot , Im getting insane with that song , I'll play it all day , the thing is that I can't sing it yet so , I have to practice it a little bit more.

Cheers my friend, I'll take a look at your agenda in a couple of minutes , and don't worry cause we're not going to let this thread freeze.

hey my friend

i have dreamed of your answer *hehehe* and truly it says "AP needs some work"
for sure you are right and i think there will be some months more to get this thing really done

i was overthinking my agenda a bit and i had an idea which maybe would make things a bit better for me
what i mean is to dedicate each month to a different style, changing styles weekly i thought is not tehe perfect way because if sthgs not going to work like it should there is lets say some space left to do it later on
if there is only one week time and some private problems come up it will be difficult

the main thing of the agend will of course keep like it is, just the timeperiod should be set to monthly

i mean for example to keep the blues (in case of blues solo) for lets say march. lets pick out for example 3 different solos to work on, 3 rhythm lessons and so on ...
the warm up thing and technique exercises should be kept for a certain time till they are really in mind

why i thought of that is just very simple
i am kind of guy who likes to sit over a certain thing till i get it, if i start with this blues solo or the sequence collab or whatever i dont mind all other things which i should do, i sit over this part until i reach a certain goal (a focused lick or whatever) even if it takes 2 hours
and i think this kind of routine will work better for me, then just spend 10 mins on a certain exercise and then change to another one and so on. OF COURSE i will do my standard warm up ..... *hehehe* for lets say 30 mins and then start with what comes to my mind or what i need to do (solo, collabs, rhythm things or whatever)
what do you think about that ?

oh so you didnt play the doctor yet ? hmmm

about freezing this thread, that wanst meant with our thread, i meant the whole mtp thread in here, seems that there is not so much activity at the moment *hehehe*

THX again for your comments, really need them *hehehe*
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 19 2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Andru

here is my next take on the blues solo
back at 70 bpm but i need to fix the last section which i did pretty good i guess

now i just need to speed it up to 90
by the way i want to make a backing at 80, how did you do that with the alternate thirds backing ?
sent you a PM about that, maybe you can help me out ?

THX
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_solo___70bpm.wmv ( 7.48MB ) Number of downloads: 108

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 25 2009, 09:25 PM
Hey Andru
Do you remember me ? its Harry here your mentoree rolleyes.gif

i just wanted to tell you that i have done my homework for this month competition
here it is

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=344907

hope you like it, and its sure NOT ap all the time *shame on me* wink.gif

what do you think for march ?

looking forward to your comments

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 9 2009, 08:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello my friend,

As I told you by pm , this was a very difficult month for me, but now Im back.

First of all congratulations on your winning I think you did an awesome work with the solo , and I am verz proud.

Before we move on I would like to know how practicing is going.

See you later with a couple of assigments.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 9 2009, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 9 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Hello my friend,

As I told you by pm , this was a very difficult month for me, but now Im back.

First of all congratulations on your winning I think you did an awesome work with the solo , and I am verz proud.

Before we move on I would like to know how practicing is going.

See you later with a couple of assigments.

glad to have you back my friend, and i was hungry waiting to move on with you
i did some work on my agenda so just have a look what i choose for this month

work is going on quite well, still working hard on the finger exercises, i do them every day and it seems that i get forward, speeding it up, alternate picking also i am getting warmer with it, but i havent really done the Muris and Jose lessons for some days, just wanted to improve my speed slowly
will give you a more detailled look over it later on, just need to go now

and hey my friend, REALLY GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK
practicing was a bit stuck without you

cya
Harry

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:41 AM