> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nokia Tune - Gran Vals by Tarrega, Lesson By Kosei Kubota
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

Filipinho
post Jan 14 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.447

Original lesson: Nokia Tune - Gran Vals by Tarrega by Kosei Kubota

Darius, thank you, you're right on your feedback on all of the RECs i did, i just don't agree with one of your input.
Tone, you're wright, a high gain amp with a condenser mic on the edge of the speaker isn't the ideal set up to get a great clean tone. Also, i have no nails, i'm playing with the flesh that gives a rounder tone.
Balance, yes, i should have paid more attention and remember my very young classical guitar lessons and the gentle smacks across the back of my head (can you really ear that on your phone and compressed by youtube?).
Right hand... sorry, not 100% with you here. The hand should be flat (something that i'm probably not doing), but it does not have to be straight (unless you're Segóvia), you can have it on a angle to the left or to the right, it depends on the lenght of your fingers, how you have your nails, if the attack needs to be fast or slow... if you watch a performance from Marcin Dylla you'll notice that his hand goes straight for fast attack, otherwise it's on an angle 'cause that gives him the best sounding results. Maybe we're just all different.
Sorry to disagree on this last point, and you're all to kind, i would faill just for how i'm sitting.
Thanks once again.

Sorry, i don't have a classical guitar... but my first phone was a Nokia!

Kristofer (don't know why i can't reply below...), maybe is due to my "amazing" Sony Vaio from 2000 with 2gb ram that loves to eat frames when i add video and reverb or anything else to the project. I'll just post another piece with my 2 cents phone audio.

No problem, the grade isn't important, just glad someone liked it, thanks.

I used a G&L Asat Junior guitar, a Laney GH100L amp, a Superlux condenser mic, and for reverb i added a pluggin.

C'ya!

(Really, i can't figure out how to reply to the comments below and i don't want to come across as being rude to anyone, so, if you like it thanks, if you didn't like it thanks again and you're in luck 'cause there's alot of more guitar players over here!).

This post has been edited by Filipinho: Jan 16 2019, 06:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 14 2019, 09:49 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Haha awesome to see a first REC from you Filipinho! biggrin.gif

Your tone is amazing and technique very good, I could only hear some slight hand sync issues in the chords around 00:46.

In order to grade you I will need a take without any interruptions though.

Welcome again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 14 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hahahah that's so cool!! I've really enjoyed your video and playing mate! Where is your Nokia now? It should be on this video!

I hope to see more from you mate, have a nice day!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jan 16 2019, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Wellcome to REC smile.gif From the very first seconds it's clearly visible you're just making fun while playing so...if you don't care about grades, we'll not grade then smile.gif

Very pleasant to listen. If I would liek to chnage anything is a bit better contorl over high and low strings balance. Your low string are definitely too loud comparing to high strings - it's both - playing and tone setup thing. Lows totally cover the melody which should be priorized. This is something we do learn while playing classical guitar as well becasue this unbalanced situation os something normal for guitar and we need to learn how to control it. Of course keep in mind we don not speak about all range of the take but there are spots very they definitely cross the limit smile.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2019 - 11:41 AM