14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Gmc United Video Collaboration, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2014, 06:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 2 2014, 01:09 PM) *
I already made my first test rec for this collab and I'm happy to get some honest feedback about it smile.gif
Tell anything you think about the sound, idea and everything. I'm a beginner, so I have many technical and speed limits for playing smile.gif
I'm in like I said before smile.gif this is my first collab so I have to ask few things..can I make a few different parts for same collab or just only one?
Still learning so many things at the same time with guitar training...recording (audio and video)...editing.. and try to find out some good sounds from my Boss GT-10..so many buttons and controllers.
Any tips and feedbacks are good for me cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/slowfingax/firstversion-gmc-united-collab

Awesome first Collab take mate! It's great to see you evolving so fast in different aspects! I think that your take is very promising and we can use it this one and it would be ok! It sounds melodic and fits good with the backing. Now let's go with some suggestions to improve this one or the next ones. I think that you could continue working the melody, doing variations, improving the parts that are less defined if you want to experiment more with this backing. You can also give your playing more feeling, focus on vibrato, and some other techniques like slides, legato and bending. These ones gives our playing more life.

Regarding your tone, it's ok but I would experiment a bit more with EQ, to make it sound "bigger", it sounds a bit weak. You can experiment adding a tube screamer or sustainer to the tone before the amp simulator, and set the "amp" with less drive. Adding some delay to make it sounds bigger can also help.

As you can see, I give you some guidelines but the key is "experimenting".

Thanks for joining this one and congrats for your great job! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 2 2014, 07:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the scale tips dudes biggrin.gif Im almost turning into an internet meme:
" I dont always play in A major............ but when I do I play in f# minor' smile.gif
Hey Darius, y'know the happiest thing I currently play is your alt picking 2 lesson, I really like playing it but if you do a follow up lesson may I suggest a much sadder / colder version cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2014, 08:14 PM
GMC:er
BINGO!! smile.gif Adding a boost of some kind in front of nearly any guitar sim can really make it PUNCHY and MEAN. I use a ProTone Bulb Deluxe Overdrive with very little gain, mostly volume and the attack switch. Any overdrive pedal will do. Tube screamer is always a great choice smile.gif

Adding a pinch of delay is another great tip. Just a pinch, maybe set to 120milliseconds or so, and a touch of reverb can really spiff up a given patch. Great tips!!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 2 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Awesome first Collab take mate! It's great to see you evolving so fast in different aspects! I think that your take is very promising and we can use it this one and it would be ok! It sounds melodic and fits good with the backing. Now let's go with some suggestions to improve this one or the next ones. I think that you could continue working the melody, doing variations, improving the parts that are less defined if you want to experiment more with this backing. You can also give your playing more feeling, focus on vibrato, and some other techniques like slides, legato and bending. These ones gives our playing more life.

Regarding your tone, it's ok but I would experiment a bit more with EQ, to make it sound "bigger", it sounds a bit weak. You can experiment adding a tube screamer or sustainer to the tone before the amp simulator, and set the "amp" with less drive. Adding some delay to make it sounds bigger can also help.

As you can see, I give you some guidelines but the key is "experimenting".

Thanks for joining this one and congrats for your great job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Feb 2 2014, 08:32 PM
I will definitely give this one a try!!

the backing sounds awesome...

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 08:34 PM
Instructor
ups...the file is gone ...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2014, 10:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 2 2014, 04:14 PM) *
BINGO!! smile.gif Adding a boost of some kind in front of nearly any guitar sim can really make it PUNCHY and MEAN. I use a ProTone Bulb Deluxe Overdrive with very little gain, mostly volume and the attack switch. Any overdrive pedal will do. Tube screamer is always a great choice smile.gif

Adding a pinch of delay is another great tip. Just a pinch, maybe set to 120milliseconds or so, and a touch of reverb can really spiff up a given patch. Great tips!!!

thanks master! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 3 2014, 09:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm also inn smile.gif

We will see what it would be this time.

Grtzz Tim

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 3 2014, 09:42 AM
Instructor
Great Tim smile.gif You can post Your very first idea at first so we could give You some feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 3 2014, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (huargo @ Feb 2 2014, 04:59 PM) *
Good take! you can make some different parts for the collab if you want, or only one, maybe in the video edit don't appears all your take for editing reasons but let us listen to all your creativity if you want.
I remember my fights with imovie and still working in the tone and sound. Amazing trip!! i'll post my take soon!..............................................................

Ok! my take is here!
i use my brand new copy of scuffhamamps for a fast and simple records.
i hope you like.

the files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1btxsg7xmpn5vpd/0B1FXXEkGI

https://soundcloud.com/david-vico-2/the-gmc
https://soundcloud.com/david-vico-2/the-gmc-guitar

Wow, seems like this one is already booming with you guys! biggrin.gif Very nice take man - good dynamics, articulation and melody!

QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 3 2014, 08:05 AM) *
I'm also inn smile.gif

We will see what it would be this time.

Grtzz Tim

hello Tim - as Darius said - let's go for a first draft and we will be happy to help you from that point forward wink.gif

QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 2 2014, 04:09 PM) *
I already made my first test rec for this collab and I'm happy to get some honest feedback about it smile.gif
Tell anything you think about the sound, idea and everything. I'm a beginner, so I have many technical and speed limits for playing smile.gif
I'm in like I said before smile.gif this is my first collab so I have to ask few things..can I make a few different parts for same collab or just only one?
Still learning so many things at the same time with guitar training...recording (audio and video)...editing.. and try to find out some good sounds from my Boss GT-10..so many buttons and controllers.
Any tips and feedbacks are good for me cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/slowfingax/firstversion-gmc-united-collab

Very nice man smile.gif As Gabi said, you should keep adding elements so that you will gain more dynamic in your playing. A short and sweet solo can make wonders so experiment with this one and let's see what things you can bring in smile.gif Add one technique at a time - for instance, slides - focus on adding then in the take and we will see what stays and what goes, ok?

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 3 2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for good tips and encouraging words wink.gif I'm going to test something today and then we'll see if it's better or just different smile.gif

Nice one huargo! Few questions: Which Jackson model is your guitar..just curious... wink.gif What's the purpose for that band on Guitar head near on the nut? Less noise or something like that or some other purpose?

How to get stronger and louder sound from GT-10, without needless humming smile.gif especially..if my fingers isn't on the strings..when I use PC or anything else biggrin.gif and of course something else than volume totally down...I mean the sound itself...or it's just the nature of this kind of multieffect way to make sound "stronger" wink.gif

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 3 2014, 03:23 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Feb 3 2014, 07:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in! Nice backing track!!

+Quote Post
Huargo
Feb 3 2014, 08:09 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 3 2014, 03:13 PM) *
Thanks to everyone for good tips and encouraging words wink.gif I'm going to test something today and then we'll see if it's better or just different smile.gif

Nice one huargo! Few questions: Which Jackson model is your guitar..just curious... wink.gif What's the purpose for that band on Guitar head near on the nut? Less noise or something like that or some other purpose?

How to get stronger and louder sound from GT-10, without needless humming smile.gif especially..if my fingers isn't on the strings..when I use PC or anything else biggrin.gif and of course something else than volume totally down...I mean the sound itself...or it's just the nature of this kind of multieffect way to make sound "stronger" wink.gif

Hi Slow! my guitar it's a Jackson Sl3 it's a soloist made in Japan, nice guitar.
The band it's a velcro to prevent noise contained within this type of guitar ... see that video, it's in french but you can understain because it's very graphic..
Maybe you need a noise gate to reduce the humm.. see in your effects list of the gt-10.... if you are recording the take in a pc some daws have this kind of effect too...
seeyou!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 3 2014, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Seems like the track is very inspiring! smile.gif Great one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Huargo
Feb 3 2014, 09:31 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 3 2014, 09:57 AM) *
Wow, seems like this one is already booming with you guys! biggrin.gif Very nice take man - good dynamics, articulation and melody!

Thanks Cosmin!
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 3 2014, 09:09 PM) *
Seems like the track is very inspiring! smile.gif Great one smile.gif

You you are very kind, I had a lot of mini mistakes in that take... maybe i can post a better one in some days...
thanks a lot!.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 3 2014, 11:06 PM
[quote name='huargo' date='Feb 3 2014, 09:09 PM' post='673512']
Hi Slow! my guitar it's a Jackson Sl3 it's a soloist made in Japan, nice guitar.
The band it's a velcro to prevent noise contained within this type of guitar ... see that video, it's in french but you can understain because it's very graphic..
Maybe you need a noise gate to reduce the humm.. see in your effects list of the gt-10.... if you are recording the take in a pc some daws have this kind of effect too...
seeyou!

Looking good guitar rolleyes.gif , I have much cheaper Jackson DX10D Dinky, but it's not a bad guitar for beginner cool.gif

Thanks for video (it was ok) and it tells more to me than just if it's french text smile.gif

I find out something like noise gate (Noise suppressor) options at least it filter out the noise when I'm not playing....with nice freeware software for GT-10 (FxFloorBoard).

I made something wrong with quote and editing...but it's maybe not a big problem smile.gif

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 3 2014, 11:12 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 4 2014, 09:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 3 2014, 02:13 PM) *

Hey mate - I think there should be a Noise Gate in the GT10 - I had the GT6 and GT8 but that was 6-7 years ago and I don't really remember the settings and such...

QUOTE (huargo @ Feb 3 2014, 08:31 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin!

You you are very kind, I had a lot of mini mistakes in that take... maybe i can post a better one in some days...
thanks a lot!.

Nothing to it man! I loved it smile.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 3 2014, 06:59 PM) *
I'm in! Nice backing track!!

Welcome man!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 4 2014, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Hurago - no worries man but if You feel You can do better and You really want to make some changes that would be awesome as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Feb 4 2014, 03:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is my idea for the theme! Not the finished version.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  United_Collab.mp3 ( 848.9K ) Number of downloads: 215

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 4 2014, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 4 2014, 02:44 PM) *

I like it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
Feb 4 2014, 07:34 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 4 2014, 03:44 PM) *

Good ideas here!

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:07 AM