3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
The Official Recordings Thread
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 24 2006, 07:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (ColinMurphy)
Hey everybody whats new? Sorry I haven't been around the last few weeks, I have been working pretty hard on getting my band's album produced and out there (not to mention those tedious summer jobs).

Here's a snipet of the outro solo to one of our songs. It's actually a three minute long outro solo laugh.gif . I had fun in a funky/srv like jam atmosphere and this was mostly improvised one take, not counting some fun I had at the end with pans/harmonies. Any thoughts would be much appreciated biggrin.gif .
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...66226B55B477024

That's some crazy stuff! I really liked some of the ideas.

One thing. There is a huge difference between reverberations of the bass/drum sound and the guitar. This creates the impression of the "band" not being in the same room. If you don't want this effect you might want to add just a little more of the same reverb you are using on the guitar, on the other instruments.

Hope I made myself clear..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 24 2006, 07:40 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Molgan)
Hi again, thx for the comment kris! I followed your advice and did another try with backing, i choosed Judas Priest - Victims of Changes smile.gif , probobly the only metalband i really like laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXQ87M8tyfs

Ok guys I think we might have spotted something here - do you use alternate picking? If not, you have both some work in front of you as well as another level...

If you are only using downstrokes this will give you great sound/attack - but it will absolutely kill all your possibilities of achieving speed...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jun 25 2006, 02:27 AM
GMC:er
Yeah I know its kind of a bad habbit, im working on it though biggrin.gif, I started to learn alternative picking a month ago and i do it when im practising but when im improvising i totaly forget to use it.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 25 2006, 09:23 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Molgan)
Yeah I know its kind of a bad habbit, im working on it though biggrin.gif, I started to learn alternative picking a month ago and i do it when im practising but when im improvising i totaly forget to use it.

Yes you are going to have to give it some time and practice before you can include it into your improvisations...

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jun 27 2006, 10:27 AM
I started out with all downstrokes.. or actually, I never used a straight pick for a while.. I used my other fingers a lot, along with a thumb pick. I have since changed over.. but I learned the intro to Fade to Black, and practice my alternate picking on that intro and before I knew it, I was using alternate picking without realizing.. it didn't take me too long though. I think that would be a good song to practice on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lespaulkevin
Jun 30 2006, 01:20 AM
hey this is a little stevie ray vaughan thing i recorded. I wasn't really looking to imitake srv's sound becuase my amp makes it sound way too distorted when i record even though its just a crunch and clean amp whatev, i didn't use a amp i just plugged it straight into my interface, anywho i'm sixteen please take it easy on me you guitargods. and yes i know i went out of tune half way through the song

http://media.putfile.com/SRV-50

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 30 2006, 10:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (lespaulkevin)
hey this is a little stevie ray vaughan thing i recorded.  I wasn't really looking to imitake srv's sound becuase my amp makes it sound way too distorted when i record even though its just a crunch and clean amp whatev, i didn't use a amp i just plugged it straight into my interface, anywho i'm sixteen please take it easy on me you guitargods.  and yes i know i went out of tune half way through the song
http://media.putfile.com/SRV-50

Sound isn't working for me - I am hearing Donald Duck on speed. >:<

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jul 10 2006, 09:08 AM
hi again, i stayed up all night and tryed to record something you can call a "song" i came up with this, quite different if i can say so laugh.gif

http://media.putfile.com/Song1-42-77

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 10 2006, 09:46 AM
[quote="Molgan"]hi again, i stayed up all night and tryed to record something you can call a "song" i came up with this, quite different if i can say so laugh.gif

very relaxt now, do you give massages with it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jul 10 2006, 11:19 AM
haha laugh.gif , yeah it`s very relaxed kinda tryed to do something different biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 11 2006, 10:00 AM
I did a tone test kind of thing for Steve Vai's - For the Love of God

I have a Digitech RP300.. IMO doesn't have great sounds.. but this one isn't too bad. I only knew the main riff.. so I just made up crap afterthat.. it gets a little messy, mostly in the fast parts toward the end. Heh. My computer sucks at recording.. I get an automatic volume shift with it..lol

http://sanders4617.dmusic.com/music/stream...abff/stream.m3u

--------------------

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 11 2006, 08:10 PM
would love to hear it, but ur link says that something is invalid. what key is it in. cant figure that out.

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 11 2006, 11:51 PM
http://sanders4617.dmusic.com/

Go there.. should be the top link. Hopefully that will work.

The backing track I have is in E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 12 2006, 03:47 AM
well, if i never played guitar before i would think it was friggn awsome. but since i can play stuff similar to that ( i gave it a try) id have to say that it was good, but sometimes wasnt very smooth. in some places it didnt seem that u were playing to the backing. like i was jamn with a buddy of mine yesterday, and i wanted to use some of the GMC blues licks, so i did, but the chords he was playing didnt match the licks i was playing ( even though we were playing in the same key.) its very important to play to the backing. but u did have some good parts. from about 3:20 to like 3:40 sounded really good. what notes were u playing there ? thats the kind of stuff id like to get down. ur lenny cover thing was reall good to. hope the feed back helps.

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 12 2006, 03:54 AM
Thanks man.. at points, I was trying to play different scales lol. So they didn't go well with it. And then also I just got a little whack (just lost position) because I tend to close my eyes some when I play.

As for the notes on the 3:20-3:40.. I think it was just the basic E minor pentatonic position at the 12th fret.. although I am not confident. I don't really remember. On the legato stuff.. I think most of that was done on say the high E string.. 12h14p12.. then maybe 14h16p14.. and on up the scale.. not sure. What style would that be considered during that part? I think I was just trying to sound really fast with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 15 2006, 08:38 AM
http://sanders4617.dmusic.com

Added a Fade to Black improvisation thing.. plz crit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 15 2006, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (sanders4617)

Thats pretty good I think. and the intro-solo is very good.
nice man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 15 2006, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (sanders4617)

really good. it moved along well and u made if flow. nice! what setting on ur amp were u using there?

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 15 2006, 08:09 PM
I just used my Digitech rp300 and hooked directly into computer. I don't think that was the exact sound for Fade to Black... but didn't really think about it too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:21 AM