10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Dicussion And Uploads, Leedbreak,Crazy Fret,OC,Jesse,Paiva,Utak3r
leedbreak
Jan 14 2009, 04:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 09:13 AM) *
Also leedbreak do you think I should scrap that first riff idea of mine or try to expand on it and improve?

I would not scap anythinbg yet. But till the first 7 days are up then do as you feel you need to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 04:24 PM
Alright. I will keep at it and see what happens. Please PM the other 3 guys as it'd be nice to see what they think of the riffs so far smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 04:22 PM) *
I'm going to listen to your ideas tonight also and see if I can get any ideas in a similar style.

those of mine are much shorter, 4-bars ones, plus they're made as a classic rythm section smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 14 2009, 04:34 PM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 14 2009, 09:26 AM) *
those of mine are much shorter, 4-bars ones, plus they're made as a classic rythm section smile.gif

4 bars is exactly what we need to see ideas. The ones I have to post at home are about the same size.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 09:24 AM) *
Please PM the other 3 guys as it'd be nice to see what they think of the riffs so far smile.gif

I will wait a day or two more to PM them as we are all busy and aware of the deadline. I have talked to crazyfret and he is keeping tabs on us and will post soon.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 14 2009, 04:35 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 14 2009, 05:18 PM
I liked all of your riffs. I liked utak3r's riff 2 because that is the style of music that I usually play smile.gif I will do something on that style too if you don't mind because I'm really not used to do hard rock rhythms and stuff

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 14 2009, 09:59 PM
Heyo there it is my take sry if it isn't good or in time I have been so tired sry... And I changed my mind and did a little more rockish track...
Attached File  110_bpm_track.mp3 ( 257.96K ) Number of downloads: 251

unsure.gif

sry for the double post

This post has been edited by Paiva: Jan 14 2009, 09:59 PM

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 15 2009, 04:38 AM
[q

QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 14 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Heyo there it is my take sry if it isn't good or in time I have been so tired sry... And I changed my mind and did a little more rockish track...
Attached File  110_bpm_track.mp3 ( 257.96K ) Number of downloads: 251

:unsure:

sry for the double post

Really. that is not too bad, I like the idea of a progression like this with maybe a crunchier or cleaner guitar doubling it.

As stated before we will need you to record it (preferably) over the drums I posted or at least post just the drums you used. The reason for this is mixing can be near impossible if a software/computer renders at a slightly different tempo. The person doing the mixing will need to change the level of your play and the drums, this can not be done if uploaded as a single track. We must have the guitar played over the backing but uploaded without it. (drums mutted in the mix before rendering) But none the less, you are very creative in your playing judging by your song. You are on the right track and in the right place to do it.

It also helps to post at least the root note of each chord or position so others can play around with it, without learning it by ear. this Sounds Like it is rending faster than played, thats why chords and at least are needed to write songs fast.

Thanks. Great job

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 15 2009, 04:59 AM

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 15 2009, 05:25 AM
This one I wrote the first night using the 110

Attached File  leedbreak01.mp3 ( 114.39K ) Number of downloads: 226

Attached File  leedbreak01.gp4 ( 1.33K ) Number of downloads: 140

This one came after I heard OC's riff at 130. A modification of the other one.

Attached File  leedbreak02.mp3 ( 133.17K ) Number of downloads: 182

Attached File  leedbreak02.gp4 ( 1.52K ) Number of downloads: 156

And the one last one again with the 130. Mine are a bite milder huh.gif
This one might would sport a bass solo wink.gif

Attached File  leedbreak03.mp3 ( 189.29K ) Number of downloads: 208

Attached File  leedbreak03.gp4 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 155

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 15 2009, 05:32 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 15 2009, 07:17 AM
that first one reminds me off of a Maiden song:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 15 2009, 08:16 AM
The first two have a really catchy melody line, I can already hear its further parts smile.gif
The third one - yeah, it begs for some cool bass line, playing its very own and noticable part.

And - yes, the first one reminds me of Maidens, too smile.gif nice classic riff.

I can see we'll have a cool play when we grab all of the ideas smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 15 2009, 09:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys

Really like the ideas you're all comming up with. smile.gif Plenty of potential for a few tracks there.

Going to post some riffs I have tonight I've just been peoccupied with DIY on the house atm!

I could post them now just to gauge your reactions but unable to separate the drums out till later.

Here goes;

Attached File(s)
Attached File  foolin_around.mp3 ( 772.24K ) Number of downloads: 185
Attached File  riff_a.mp3 ( 868.57K ) Number of downloads: 196
Attached File  rock_riff_1.mp3 ( 320K ) Number of downloads: 165

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 15 2009, 11:39 AM
I like it, especially the riff_a thing smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 15 2009, 05:05 PM
OK guys I have one more what I did today give my self a good old shot of Iron Maiden and Recorded this I didn't had the drums because I couldn't fit them

Attached File  New_one.wav ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 142

Then I have the other one without the drums! And the chords are A5 C#5 B5 and Emin
Attached File  110_bpm_track_nd.wav ( 1.85MB ) Number of downloads: 133

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 15 2009, 08:39 PM
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 15 2009, 05:05 PM) *
I didn't had the drums because I couldn't fit them

I'm not suprised wink.gif you won't fit any drums, to be precise - it's really out of rythm, but I like the melody itself, we can think of regulating its rythm smile.gif

OK, my third rythm, this time @130bpm smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  riff_03_wbt.mp3 ( 693.8K ) Number of downloads: 168
Attached File  riff_03_wnbt.mp3 ( 174.62K ) Number of downloads: 221

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 15 2009, 08:41 PM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 15 2009, 07:39 PM) *
I'm not suprised wink.gif you won't fit any drums, to be precise - it's really out of rythm, but I like the melody itself, we can think of regulating its rythm smile.gif

Ahah Sorry about that I will try to do the rhythm with the metronom!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 15 2009, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 15 2009, 08:41 PM) *

Just play with one of the drumstrack - it will be easier than with a metronom.... smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 15 2009, 09:13 PM
EDITED >>

QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 15 2009, 01:41 PM) *

This post explains why... wink.gif Played over the drums I posted is almost a must have thing. With this many already doing it. It so easy to get a groove on a solid beat. As a guitar player you need to be able to play with anything that is time, even a harley.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=319895

QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 15 2009, 01:39 PM) *

I like it, great tone

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 15 2009, 02:38 AM) *
Hey guys

Really like the ideas you're all comming up with. smile.gif Plenty of potential for a few tracks there.

Going to post some riffs I have tonight I've just been peoccupied with DIY on the house atm!

I could post them now just to gauge your reactions but unable to separate the drums out till later.

Here goes;

Well I knew we could count on you for some nice stuff. i liked (riff a) the best as well.

Everyone takes are coming together nicely.

It is going to be hard to decide that’s for sure.

Plenty of time for others who have not posted to do so.

I suggest the ones that have uploaded to stop. Then, begin thinking of the ones you like and how they might be put together. I have been playing around with a mix a little prematurely, and its working pretty good. I have used 4 takes from 3 so far in this mix. They go together really well.

I won’t post them till the deadline has expired. If you have mixing capabilities and want to do the same, feel free. This could help in the final decisions.

Again, great job thus far. cool.gif

I want every one to have a part.. If we end up not using your takes or you did not upload any you are still in. I will hand out pieces of the song for you to play over if you have trouble coming up with something that works, OC or I will post some tabs for you to play. We all came in to this project to learn and that's what we are going to do.

3 Days left then creativity meets structure.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 16 2009, 06:01 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 16 2009, 05:16 PM
Tell you what I would love to have.

That is OC and ut play an e chord and hold it for 3 whole bars. and then upload it. just the chord, no drums. Use the same tone you used in your distorted takes.

I may be able to use them to put some section together. wink.gif

Crazyfret, I need at least your (riff a) without backing, But preferable all 3. You can also play the last chord and the first chord in this take (riff a) and hold them for 3 whole bars. no drums.

Any new stuff might should be at the 130 since most takes are and we will likely be using that speed. Ironically, some of the 120 ut posted is working out ok.

I am not putting the song together just experimenting with a way to do so, biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 16 2009, 06:05 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 16 2009, 07:32 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 16 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Tell you what I would love to have.

That is OC and ut play an e chord and hold it for 3 whole bars. and then upload it. just the chord, no drums. Use the same tone you used in your distorted takes.

I may be able to use them to put some section together. wink.gif

Crazyfret, I need at least your (riff a) without backing, But preferable all 3. You can also play the last chord and the first chord in this take (riff a) and hold them for 3 whole bars. no drums.

Any new stuff might should be at the 130 since most takes are and we will likely be using that speed. Ironically, some of the 120 ut posted is working out ok.

I am not putting the song together just experimenting with a way to do so, biggrin.gif

I will upload 3 bars of an E chord later biggrin.gif E Major?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 17 2009, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 16 2009, 12:32 PM) *
I will upload 3 bars of an E chord later biggrin.gif E Major?

Which ever e you used in your recording laugh.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:32 PM