6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Got A Question? Get A Video Response!, Sometimes reading just isn't enough...
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2013, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 28 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Cosmin, I will send you the gigging ideas through a PM within a day or so smile.gif

Alright mate smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 28 2013, 12:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks a lot Cos! Just noticed that vid biggrin.gif
Will give it a try tonight!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 22 2013, 06:41 PM) *
Maybe you can give me some tips on how to practice a vibrato on the 1st string - that's where I got problems with.. (maybe in your Q&A thread?)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2013, 07:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 28 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Thanks a lot Cos! Just noticed that vid biggrin.gif
Will give it a try tonight!

No problem Marc - let me know how it goes biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 13 2013, 09:37 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very insightful questions and responses here, I'm learning a lot!

Anyone else got a question?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 13 2013, 11:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
Ear training, or well, just learning something by ear, especially faster passages. How? I'm struggling (but in the end figuring it out) with say... the notes from the "The League of Extraordinary..." after the "intro". Any tips to approaching this? I'm caught a bit in between really listening to it, trying to play it, trying to sing it, trying to play along to it etc., but the process seems very slow at the moment!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hey Ben - well, you are doing everything in the correct order - especially the singing is important and it will help you in remembering any piece until you can also play it - no shortcuts here mate smile.gif There is one tho, so check out the little movie below:

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 13 2013, 02:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2013, 03:44 PM) *
Hey Ben - well, you are doing everything in the correct order - especially the singing is important and it will help you in remembering any piece until you can also play it - no shortcuts here mate smile.gif There is one tho, so check out the little movie below:

Cheers, Cosmin! I had completely forgotten about that software. I remember someone mentioning it many years back. Will check it out right away!

And on another note, I'm really digging these video responses. Feel much more personal in some way, if that makes sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2013, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 13 2013, 01:52 PM) *
Cheers, Cosmin! I had completely forgotten about that software. I remember someone mentioning it many years back. Will check it out right away!

And on another note, I'm really digging these video responses. Feel much more personal in some way, if that makes sense.

Glad to know I can help mate - I think Guthrie Govan mentioned it biggrin.gif I for one know it from him tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Alright gents! Another question? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 15 2013, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 15 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Alright gents! Another question? smile.gif

Coming in on 16th note off beat (2nd 16th note, 8th 16th note etc) places in a measure. i.e. like this:

Advice? Practice? What to do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 16 2013, 08:09 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 16 2013, 08:18 AM) *
Hello, my brothers smile.gif

Coming up! A chord based one and an arpeggio based one, that can trigger your imagination! It's uploading so allow it 10-15 minutes to be up smile.gif

CM7 chord = C G B E in that particular order wink.gif So that you know

Hey Cosmin

Whilst practicing my hybrid picking I overcame my biggest stumbling block in making it work.

When I Alt pick I approach the string with my pick at an angle (like a lot of people do) and I've found the position of the thumb and index finger gets in the way of the middle finger when trying to hybrid picking, so I approached the string with my pick flat to it and this position makes things work!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 16 2013, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 15 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Coming in on 16th note off beat (2nd 16th note, 8th 16th note etc) places in a measure. i.e. like this:

Advice? Practice? What to do?

Well, here are my thoughts mate - give it 10 minutes to load, ok?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 16 2013, 07:09 AM) *
Hey Cosmin

Whilst practicing my hybrid picking I overcame my biggest stumbling block in making it work.

When I Alt pick I approach the string with my pick at an angle (like a lot of people do) and I've found the position of the thumb and index finger gets in the way of the middle finger when trying to hybrid picking, so I approached the string with my pick flat to it and this position makes things work!

Glad to hear this mate - post some vids or audio recordings if you wish biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Does anyone else have a question? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 6 2013, 10:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Anyone got a question? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 8 2013, 11:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Anticipating chords when improvising? Especially approaching a dominant chord in say a progression like: ||:Dm7, Gm7, C, Fmaj7, Dm, Gm7, Em7b5, A7 :||

I keep struggling switching into harmonic minor or similar.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Oct 8 2013, 11:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 8 2013, 11:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 8 2013, 10:30 AM) *
Anticipating chords when improvising? Especially approaching a dominant chord in say a progression like: ||:Dm7, Gm7, C, Fmaj7, Dm, Gm7, Emb7, A7 :||

I keep struggling switching into harmonic minor or similar.

Hey mate smile.gif Here ya go:

and also:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Common-Notes/

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 8 2013, 11:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Cosmin. That was supposed to say Em7b5 of course. Don't know what happened there laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2013, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 8 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Thanks, Cosmin. That was supposed to say Em7b5 of course. Don't know what happened there laugh.gif

Hey mate smile.gif Well, I hope you got the hang of things - that's how I see them at least. Try and see what fits best in respect to the pivoting notes - if you try on that lesson, you will see what possibilities I have explored wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2013, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Anybody else who needs my assistance with a quick video? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 28 2013, 09:53 AM
Instructor
Hey guys smile.gif Anybody have a question, maybe?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:34 AM