I Think The Forum Needs Adjusting
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 01:18 AM
GMC:er
I dont know if its only me that thinks this, but the layout we have right now is very general.
To general if im being completley honest.

Im used to it now but it seems like Misc Disscions should maybe be combined with Chill Outroom- Afterall most discussions that take place in both of these are Misc, and unrelated to guitar.

I think we should have a Main Group just for Uploads like we did before, afteralll Uploading are Playing and Lyrics and what not are pretty important to are development as a player.

And for a last improvment we might maybe have a section geared mainly towards Instructor Based Questions and the Instructors Corner could be there aswell.

I feel like some of the more "Broad" Catergories are leaving to many subforums below that category For Ex. Communtity Activites and Tutorials.

Does anyone agree that our forum needs adjusting ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jenkinson
Jun 12 2008, 04:17 AM
I liked the old forum structure, but w/e. Roll with the punches.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 04:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Jenkinson @ Jun 11 2008, 10:17 PM) *
I liked the old forum structure, but w/e. Roll with the punches.

I'm with him I also liked the old structure.

I went to camp for a week and came back and got confused about the forum.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jun 12 2008, 04:31 AM
I would like the most recent forum topics to be more than the last 4 topics... the last 10 topics would be better in my opinion

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 12 2008, 10:13 AM
I also prefer the old structure, it was much more comfortable in my opinion.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 12 2008, 10:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Am I the only one who likes the new one better? laugh.gif
Once you get comfortable with it, it's actually pretty great smile.gif

edit: typo...again...

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jun 12 2008, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 12 2008, 10:18 AM
Singing Instructor
well,for me bout structures are fine,it is just a thing of adjustment,I am pritty much use to this one know.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2008, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Current layout works fine, my only suggestion would be to make two subforums out of the "Community Activities and Tutorials". One would deal instructors&lessons based stuff, and other uploads&recording based stuff.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 12 2008, 10:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I was used to the old structure, but i prefer how it is now .. lesser to scroll to have an main overview!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 12 2008, 10:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 12 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Current layout works fine, my only suggestion would be to make two subforums out of the "Community Activities and Tutorials". One would deal instructors&lessons based stuff, and other uploads&recording based stuff.

Structure-wise this makes perfect sense (as well as moving the misc board into the chill-out board).

However when doing the adjustments our main goal wasn't to make a perfect structure - but to create something that would be easy for the eye, not requiring so much scrolling up and down etc. (while still maintaing a somewhat acceptable structure of course)

I also felt that the new structre was really weird - heck it has taken me more than a year to get used to the old one. However - I must say that the new one feels alot more comfortable to me now. Actually browsing through all the different boards now requires much less energy (for me at least) - this energy can be spend on particpating in the community instead!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 12 2008, 10:41 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm fine with the new structure, but I was fine with the old too anyway, once you know where each thing is it's just a matter of a few more/less clicks.

Best thing about new structure might be that you can see most forums/subforums almost without having to scroll down, and it seems more logic.

Both are Ok anyway.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 12 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm a bit on the flipside, i can see the new structure is more simple and creates a better overview, however i also liked the old one and didnt have a problem keeping track on the threads.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 12 2008, 10:56 AM
Really, this new structure makes me really reluctant to even type in "www.guitarmasterclass.net" in the web brower. It's like a junge, and I really dislike it compared to the old layout.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 12 2008, 11:08 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Umm...i dont mind it...at all really. Looks okay and will be fairly simple for new people to navigate, especially people who are new to forums.

I dont think its such a big deal anyhow huh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 12 2008, 11:29 AM
I need my brain adjusting biggrin.gif

I think it's fine but I think possibly it is a little lumped together. I think one more area with sub areas would do the trick.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 12 2008, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 12 2008, 12:29 PM) *
I need my brain adjusting biggrin.gif

I think it's fine but I think possibly it is a little lumped together. I think one more area with sub areas would do the trick.

That could do the trick, anyway its not a BIG deal, just luxury problem laugh.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 12 2008, 11:35 AM
I think Kris changed the format of the forums to make the treasure hunt harder biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 12 2008, 11:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 12 2008, 11:56 AM) *
Really, this new structure makes me really reluctant to even type in "www.guitarmasterclass.net" in the web brower. It's like a junge, and I really dislike it compared to the old layout.

You are making a harsh statement here - if you could back this up with some specific arguments we would of course take it seriously. In other words explaining why you believe the new changements affect our forum's functionality in a negative way. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 12 2008, 11:53 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 12 2008, 11:35 AM) *
I think Kris changed the format of the forums to make the treasure hunt harder biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 12 2008, 02:50 AM) *
You are making a harsh statement here - if you could back this up with some specific arguments we would of course take it seriously. In other words explaining why you believe the new changements affect our forum's functionality in a negative way. smile.gif

Harsh it was, indeed but I do think it was well justified.

I could see how the new forum looks
"easier" to the eye but with the old structure you didnt have to "hunt" for anything.

For Ex. If you wanted Off-Topic Disscusions, Oh! Look its right down here at the bottom !
If you want to ask a question to the Instructors, Oh look at this...Instructors Corner right here at the top.

Sure of course we dont have to Change everything in the new forum, some of it works well.
But we would still have that "appeal to the eye" effect if we combined some of them and seperated some of them.
What would the difference be ?
Maybe 1 scroll of the mouse.

Hope I got my point across. smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:39 AM