Another New From Germany ...
deWeLL
Jul 30 2007, 07:03 PM
GMC:er
Moin
(which means "Hi GMC staff and members" in a cool but hearty way in northern Germany)

today I signed up this awesome site and I'm looking forward to master all the stuff that exceed my skills ... at the moment biggrin.gif

I'm from Oldenburg, Germany, and study computer science with focus "Embedded System an Microrobotics" in 8th semester.

10 years ago I started my "career" as guitar player with a ibanez talman and any yamaha electric I sold unfortunately. I learned just a few chords (not even barré) and quit playing for years.
Last year I "woke up" and started to learn more than some Chords, Smoke on the Water and Come as you are und I tripped up on this site when I watched some youtube guitar videos ... and suddenly an insane (playing), strange disguised guy babbled "today i show you stinky little youtubers ...." and after I died laughing I visited guitarmasterclass ...
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=odQb8ylYstg&mode=related&search=)

Today my gear consist of my old Ibanez Talman, a scuffed BC Rich "Vampirella", a PRS SE Tremonti an old Fender PR329 amp and a Digitech DF7 Distortion pedal ...

Especially the Rock lessons by Gabriel made me sign up, but I'm going to play everything I can get here ... I feel confident to master even the insane lessons of Pavel ... one day ;-)

So best regards

Dennis

PS: Forgive my english ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
MickeM
Jul 30 2007, 07:15 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (deWeLL @ Jul 30 2007, 08:03 PM) *
Moin
(which means "Hi GMC staff and members" in a cool but hearty way in northern Germany)

today I signed up this awesome site and I'm looking forward to master all the stuff that exceed my skills ... at the moment biggrin.gif

I'm from Oldenburg, Germany, and study computer science with focus "Embedded System an Microrobotics" in 8th semester.

10 years ago I started my "career" as guitar player with a ibanez talman and any yamaha electric I sold unfortunately. I learned just a few chords (not even barré) and quit playing for years.
Last year I "woke up" and started to learn more than some Chords, Smoke on the Water and Come as you are und I tripped up on this site when I watched some youtube guitar videos ... and suddenly an insane (playing), strange disguised guy babbled "today i show you stinky little youtubers ...." and after I died laughing I visited guitarmasterclass ...
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=odQb8ylYstg&mode=related&search=)

Today my gear consist of my old Ibanez Talman, a scuffed BC Rich "Vampirella", a PRS SE Tremonti an old Fender PR329 amp and a Digitech DF7 Distortion pedal ...

Especially the Rock lessons by Gabriel made me sign up, but I'm going to play everything I can get here ... I feel confident to master even the insane lessons of Pavel ... one day ;-)

So best regards

Dennis

PS: Forgive my english ohmy.gif

Tag Dennis. Great to have you aboard. So... you're a youtuber wink.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
deWeLL
Jul 30 2007, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 30 2007, 08:15 PM) *
Tag Dennis. Great to have you aboard. So... you're a youtuber wink.gif laugh.gif

Amusingly I user the youtube search really for the first time ... before I just got funny youtube links from icq and mails ... but I never looked for videos there biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 08:48 PM
Welcome, you made a good decission joining GMC. Enjoy your stay and dont forget to ask any questions if you have doubts! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
chast
Jul 31 2007, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Moin^^
Viel Spaß hier tongue.gif
Now back to English.
Have fun with the site, its great :>

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2007, 12:15 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Hey, welcome - let us know if you have any questions L)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 12:26 AM
Instructor
And another IT related GMC-er! Welcome! Looks like guitars and computers are very close things! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
deWeLL
Jul 31 2007, 09:25 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 31 2007, 01:26 AM) *
And another IT related GMC-er! Welcome! Looks like guitars and computers are very close things! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hehe of course, freaks like us need a compensatory hobby we can engage in our dark cellar room :-P

so, enough prejudices ;-)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2007, 04:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (deWeLL @ Jul 31 2007, 04:25 AM) *
hehe of course, freaks like us need a compensatory hobby we can engage in our dark cellar room :-P

so, enough prejudices ;-)

Just so you know the background, we had a thread a few months back on which we all described our jobs. It was almost a 50/50 split between IT people and people in the food industry .... very strange indeed smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 31 2007, 05:08 PM) *
Just so you know the background, we had a thread a few months back on which we all described our jobs. It was almost a 50/50 split between IT people and people in the food industry .... very strange indeed smile.gif

biggrin.gif yeah that was amazing topic hahahahah IT, food and guitar seems to be a MUST BE connection! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
deWeLL
Jul 31 2007, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 31 2007, 05:17 PM) *
biggrin.gif yeah that was amazing topic hahahahah IT, food and guitar seems to be a MUST BE connection! biggrin.gif

i can disclose the circumstances of the case cool.gif

It's because all IT related people and computer science students end up as a salesman at McDonald's .... laugh.gif blink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:23 PM