> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Picking Hand Basics, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3

Vince09
Nov 26 2014, 06:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Picking Hand Basics by Ben Higgins

Hi!This is my first lesson that makes it to REC..Hope you will enjoy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2014, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince!! Congrats on your first REC take!! smile.gif

I have to say that this take is very good. I can note that you have been working on this one very hard and the results are totally positive. The notes sounds loud and clear and this means that your picking hand is strong and consistent. I only note some very little timing issues in the first 8th notes (sometimes you play a bit before the beat), and also in the last part that combines 16th notes with 8th notes, in which sometimes the transition is not totally precise.

I recommend you to use our foot or head to follow the tempo while you play this one in order to feel the groove and go tighter with the backing track's drum groove. It will help you to feel the groove instead of thinking on it while you play.

So, I hope that this is the first of many REC takes from you. You have a 9!

Keep on rocking.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hey amigo!

We have been discussing this one in your mentoring program and I think it came out like this pretty fast - 3 or 4 tries? I think so, but anyway, a very important aspect here, is that you have started to make BIG improvements to your playing and once you began tackling things which are closer to your current level, results appeared almost immediately smile.gif

Let's keep the pace steady and you'll surely evolve faster than you first thought wink.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 27 2014, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Wow I've got no issues with that at all.. it's great smile.gif

I can't really hear any timing issues there, maybe I'm going old and crazy ?

Those 8th note triplets in the middle section are among the most accurate I've ever heard them being played - great job !

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 27 2014, 05:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:16 PM