Recording Metal Guitars W Amp Sims
osiris
Dec 2 2021, 10:42 AM
GMC:er
I made a video tutorial!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 2 2021, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Where else have you posted this? I swear I've seen the screenshot elsewhere.
It might have been in my youtube feed

Ah I just checked You're a fellow Redditor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Dec 2 2021, 04:55 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 2 2021, 07:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice! Always good with some tutorials like that for beginners too. I use Reaper and have done since maybe 2014 or maybe even further back around 2012, not sure. I like the many guides and tutorials available though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2021, 08:21 PM
Very cool tutorial! Also your production value is quite high. It can be daunting trying to gain traction on youtube these days. Don't let that get you down though. The algo is always changing and favors different things at various times. I hope you also up load a short or teaser version to youtbube shorts, with a link to this video in the info section and the same for tiktok and instagram. all of this can be a huge time suck and i would not want it to cut in to your practice time. Just a suggestion.

Todd

I also liked this one from your channel. I just subscribed! your videos and your channel deserve far more traction imho. I've asked fran to add your recording vids to our wiki!

QUOTE (osiris @ Dec 2 2021, 05:42 AM) *
I made a video tutorial!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 2 2021, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
osiris
Dec 3 2021, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 2 2021, 03:52 PM) *
Where else have you posted this? I swear I've seen the screenshot elsewhere.
It might have been in my youtube feed

Ah I just checked You're a fellow Redditor

Uh, yeah. Trying to get to 1k subs so I post videos pretty much everywhere I can rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 2 2021, 07:21 PM) *
Very cool tutorial! Also your production value is quite high. It can be daunting trying to gain traction on youtube these days. Don't let that get you down though. The algo is always changing and favors different things at various times. I hope you also up load a short or teaser version to youtbube shorts, with a link to this video in the info section and the same for tiktok and instagram. all of this can be a huge time suck and i would not want it to cut in to your practice time. Just a suggestion.

Todd

I also liked this one from your channel. I just subscribed! your videos and your channel deserve far more traction imho. I've asked fran to add your recording vids to our wiki!

Wow, thank you!

I've just very recently decided to see if I can get to 1k subs. I would say there's a small increase in exposure with each video. The big problem is finding the time to make the videos... As you say, there's plenty of competition for the slivers of spare time you get with a full-time job, three kids and an old house :-D

Anyway, the next video will likely be getting a good metal bass tone with plugins (based on Systematic Mixing with splitting the track in three with eq and applying different levels of distortion and compression to each sub track).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2021, 01:16 AM
Is possible make a teaser version for tik tok and instagram "reels" put a link to the full vid in the description. I know this is yet more time suck. Just another way to get more exposure for your channel smile.gif The first 1k subs is the hardest Imho.

QUOTE (osiris @ Dec 3 2021, 08:01 AM) *
Uh, yeah. Trying to get to 1k subs so I post videos pretty much everywhere I can rolleyes.gif

Wow, thank you!

I've just very recently decided to see if I can get to 1k subs. I would say there's a small increase in exposure with each video. The big problem is finding the time to make the videos... As you say, there's plenty of competition for the slivers of spare time you get with a full-time job, three kids and an old house :-D

Anyway, the next video will likely be getting a good metal bass tone with plugins (based on Systematic Mixing with splitting the track in three with eq and applying different levels of distortion and compression to each sub track).

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 15 2021, 10:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I watched the Metal Bass Tutorial in bed this morning. Great stuff

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
osiris
Dec 15 2021, 12:35 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 15 2021, 09:39 AM) *
I watched the Metal Bass Tutorial in bed this morning. Great stuff

Cool! In bed with Posterboy :-D

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 4 2021, 12:16 AM) *
Is possible make a teaser version for tik tok and instagram "reels" put a link to the full vid in the description. I know this is yet more time suck. Just another way to get more exposure for your channel smile.gif The first 1k subs is the hardest Imho.

OK, so I'm trying out this trailer thing now...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8cRyvJJ/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2021, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of social media cross promotion!! smile.gif

QUOTE (osiris @ Dec 15 2021, 07:35 AM) *
Cool! In bed with Posterboy :-D

OK, so I'm trying out this trailer thing now...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8cRyvJJ/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 AM