Oc-3
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 9 2011, 05:22 AM
GMC:er
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Boss_OC-3

Edit: sorry guys haven't had much time to write article :v i am in a Exams Year at school so been busy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 9 2011, 05:35 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
fkalich
Jan 9 2011, 06:19 AM
I've owned it. I sold it a few months after I purchased an Eventide Timefactor. I would still like to have it, except that after the Pitchfactor, it was a luxury, and anymore if I only want as much as I can fit on my reasonably good sized pedal board. But I always liked this item, and do recommend it. It does some nice things. You can get one pretty inexpensively on Ebay. It is one of those things that some people criticize. But I feel that is unjust. Some guys (as you know) have a style that is limited, and something like this is really not every style of play, such as SRV or example. It is good for a lot of metal type stuff. Anything so long as you only play 2 at most note chords with major 4th of 5ths. So it is not something you use all the time. And for some people with limited styles, it is not something they would want to use at all. So that I feel is the root of most of the criticism of the pedal. It does not track quite as well as the Eventide, but it tracks decently.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jan 9 2011, 06:22 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 9 2011, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 9 2011, 05:19 AM) *
I've owned it. I sold it a few months after I purchased an Eventide Timefactor. I would still like to have it, except that after the Pitchfactor, it was a luxury, and anymore if I only want as much as I can fit on my reasonably good sized pedal board. But I always liked this item, and do recommend it. It does some nice things. You can get one pretty inexpensively on Ebay. It is one of those things that some people criticize. But I feel that is unjust. Some guys (as you know) have a style that is limited, and something like this is really not every style of play, such as SRV or example. It is good for a lot of metal type stuff. Anything so long as you only play 2 at most note chords with major 4th of 5ths. So it is not something you use all the time. And for some people with limited styles, it is not something they would want to use at all. So that I feel is the root of most of the criticism of the pedal. It does not track quite as well as the Eventide, but it tracks decently.

+1 feel free to add your own overall into the review

agree with you in

"And for some people with limited styles, it is not something they would want to use at all."

ohmy.gif didnt knew that Eventide one it seems a great pedal

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 9 2011, 07:14 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 9 2011, 08:19 AM
The Pitchfactor has three effects than can do octaves, and you have a lot more control. I have all three Pedals. They are expensive (though I got them 15-20% off new with warranty. But I don't regret them, they really are as fine as you get I think. And well supported. They just updated the firmware with a lot of new features and improvements, so now the pedals are the new model. As an example, the harmonizer had been limited to the basic 7 modal scales, major, minor, etc. The new firmware has harmonic minor, melodic minor, and others as well. So the support is great.

But again, I really liked the Boss pedal. It does some really neat things. I just can't be tripping on things all the time, moving them, feeling guilty because I yelled at the dogs for jumping on things. I need some floor space.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 8 2011, 11:47 PM) *
+1 feel free to add your own overall into the review

agree with you in

"And for some people with limited styles, it is not something they would want to use at all."

ohmy.gif didnt knew that Eventide one it seems a great pedal

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 9 2011, 09:26 AM

ty for info Fkalich biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 9 2011, 02:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice review, I've never tried this stomp, only the simulations in my ME-70, and it'ss a pretty cool effect smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2011, 03:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for the review. I would like to have this one for my bass.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:51 AM