Returning To The Guitar, Returning to Guitar after decades ... How to strategise the learning
Ravindran
Jan 30 2016, 04:52 AM
GMC:er
Hi Forum ! I am Ravi, a Professional Manager in the field of Finance and Technology. Music has always been a core passion and the Guitar the favourite instrument. Professional pressures in the last two and half decades made time very scarce. Now I am returning back to the Guitar after decades. I welcome all the advices I can possibly get on how to strategise my practice and learning. Thanks in advance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2016, 08:20 AM
Welcome Back smile.gif I"m Todd and I teach the Saturday Vid Chat lessons so I'd say

1.) Come to my vid chat lessons! smile.gif They are great fun.

2.) take on one of the instructors or ALL as "mentors" just by sending each one a personal message here on gmc smile.gif

3.)DON"T QUIT PLAYING: That one thing stops people from getting better more than anything. There is no one shining path other than persistence. Of course one wants to get max results from time spent, but guitar is a life long learning process so you may need 5 or 10 years to work out your "learning path" so don't over stress on the methods of learning as much as trying to play a bit each day and keep it fun so you don't put it down smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ravindran @ Jan 29 2016, 10:52 PM) *
Hi Forum ! I am Ravi, a Professional Manager in the field of Finance and Technology. Music has always been a core passion and the Guitar the favourite instrument. Professional pressures in the last two and half decades made time very scarce. Now I am returning back to the Guitar after decades. I welcome all the advices I can possibly get on how to strategise my practice and learning. Thanks in advance.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2016, 10:31 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome Ravi!

Tell us more about your goals - what are your dreams, who are your heores etc ?

The one thing that matters - above everything else - is to structure your practicing in a way that's fun for you.

Then, if you add variation to your practicing on a regular basis - to remain inspired - you have the foundation of a long-term and time efficient routine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2016, 10:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Ravi,
Definitely get a mentor on GMC, join the collabs, they are great for taking you out of your comfort zone, do the workshops like the creativity and theory ones, visit crazy Kris in his Sunday live YouTube Q&A and above all else, enjoy the journey smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2016, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome back to the guitar! I think that you are at the right place! smile.gif

I'm open to help you to design a plan based on your guitar goals. Tell us more about you, your goals and musical tastes!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ravindran
Feb 1 2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks Todd, Kris, Phil and Gabriel for all your encouraging inputs.

I love melodic and expressive guitar, and want to learn the ropes on how to compose, as well as play, melodic solos/ songs. I dream of being a composer cum performer. My guitar Heroes are David Gilmour, Santana, Satriani and Eric Clapton. I would like to imbibe from their playing styles and evolve something to call my own.

Presently, I am able to spare about 2-3 hours of time daily, dedicated to guitar practice. Possibly the time slot available is inadequate but I intend to increase it after a while. I need a lot of help with my Techniques, Timing and Speed. I am looking for an effective practice schedule to get optimal benefit. Will be glad to receive all the help I can get on how to go about.

I shall join the mentor-ship program as suggested by Phil, I was wondering how to figure out the Instructors who are presently Mentoring in the area of my goals.

I request your guidance in designing a plan Gabriel.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2016, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Check out my PM! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:22 PM