Dean Vendetta 3.0
xucphra
Dec 23 2007, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
Well, to begin with, I'm personally not a big fan of Deans. I just bought this one as I was on vacation; since I had forgotten to bring one. The guitar sounds decent; it plays well, and is moderately comfortable. The great thing about this guitar was the price. It was 230$. Description after picture.

* Neck Through Construction
* Solid Mahogany Body
* Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard
* Dual Humbuckers
* Tune-O-Matic Bridge
* String-Throught Body Design
* Classic Dean V Ferrule Pattern
* 24 frets
* 25.5 Scale
* Black Hardware
* Razor Wire Inlay

I had to add a Floyd Rose about a month in, because it didn't come with one =\

I'd give it a 6/10.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Pavel
Dec 23 2007, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Why don't you like Dean? I never played Dean but it seems like they are great brand smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 23 2007, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 23 2007, 10:59 PM) *
Why don't you like Dean? I never played Dean but it seems like they are great brand smile.gif

Because michael angelo batio plays them?

I dont care for them either, really korny painjobs and shapes.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 23 2007, 11:04 PM
Well, they aren't bad; I've just never really liked them as much as other brands for example. And also they don't seem to have the same quality as a Schecter for example [even though the two are in completely different leagues]. They just aren't good quality guitars in my opinion

This post has been edited by xucphra: Dec 23 2007, 11:05 PM

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 23 2007, 11:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Dec 23 2007, 11:01 PM) *
Because michael angelo batio plays them?

Now what does Angelo have to do with it? LOADS of bands use their guitars, go to their website and see the ARTISTS page.

Some of their shapes are really ugly but they have great designs and vendetta is one of them. I didn't care about them either until i saw the 2007 guitar designs. MAB1 and RC7 are one of the best guitar designs ever made - they look aggressive, sharp edged, headstock is perfect (many brands have crappy headstock), body shape is really cool so these 2 models got me in Dean. Ibanez is still in my TOP 3 guitar brands because i like 95% of Ibanez models.

That's why i really wonder why somebody who is not a fan of some brand buy it's guitar smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 12:02 AM
It was the cheapest that got my attention

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 24 2007, 12:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (xucphra @ Dec 23 2007, 11:04 PM) *
They just aren't good quality guitars in my opinion

If they would suck, they wouldn't have some of the major players signed for them: Vinnie Moore, Schenkers, Rusty, Angelo, Darell and MANY MANY more smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 12:08 AM
Lol, Okay. I know. I'm not saying they suck; I'm just saying they aren't as good as some other brands

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 24 2007, 12:10 AM
laugh.gif

Pavel dude, I'm just being a jerk!

I knew you liked Angelo alot, I just couldnt resist throwing it in there, I have not really looked at all the models of the deans, some are nice, some.. just I dont like them..

Tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 12:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, and to prove my point happy.gif, Would you prefer to buy a Dean or an Ibanez?

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 24 2007, 12:14 AM
Instructor
I know some models are really ugly and their most selling ML shape is totally ugly to me but it doesn't make the brand crap smile.gif I also love Vai (you can say it by guitar i have) but it doesn't mean some brand is better and some is worse. In 2008 my Dean RC7 will arrive and i will have both Ibanez Vai signature and Dean Rusty Cooley signature - if you ask me which one is better i will have BIG troubles answering that question biggrin.gif biggrin.gif as i am sure RC7 will be as good as JEM is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 12:20 AM
Fair enough. I'm content with my guitar. I guess you could say I made a bit of an over-generalization; if it makes you happy happy.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 24 2007, 12:23 AM
Instructor
The cheapest models are always the cheapest - same goes for each brand. What do you think - is Squire by Fender a good guitar? No - it sucks - but it doesn't make Fender a bad brand for that reason biggrin.gif Same goes for some ultra-low-end Ibanez guitars - the more you pay the more you get smile.gif

Still - have fun with Vendetta! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 12:44 AM
I don't use it as much as for example my Schecter, but it's not a bad guitar

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 24 2007, 01:30 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Not Deans Best, but still a great guitar for the price, IM surprised you dont like Deans, Deans are some of the best guitars ive played, im in love with my new MS Custom smile.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 24 2007, 01:38 AM
Well that sounds like it was an ok deal for $230.00 especially with the neck through construction smile.gif .Im with you on the Dean brand though,just personally i could always find a beter guitar fo the amount of money to spend.Thats just how i feel.It would be cool to post a pic of the guitar now after you modify'd it with the Floyd Rose.Was it hard to change it from a string through to the Floyd?

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 02:32 AM
No, it wasn't tough at all. Quite simple actually.

I'm taking some pictures to post up; along with the modified version of the review

This post has been edited by xucphra: Dec 24 2007, 02:33 AM

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 24 2007, 06:17 AM
QUOTE (xucphra @ Dec 24 2007, 10:46 AM) *
It was 230$.

$230??? blink.gif I don't believe you.

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 24 2007, 07:10 AM
I love higher end dean guitars, not a fan of the low end, my favorite has to be the Dean Acoustic V biggrin.gif. really Dean captured my attention with their amazing headstocks and V's but thats about it, the Dave Mustaine Custom is like... if someone gave me one as a gift .. id.. probably cry smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 24 2007, 04:51 PM
It actually was 230$. It was the cheapest decent guitar in the whole store. And I was on vacation; so I didn't want to get anything too expensive, seeing as I have 2 guitars back at home.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:08 AM