7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
I Know This Is Touchy.., but if u dont want to even comment i understand
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 13 2009, 06:26 PM
GMC Founder
I think there have been good posts in this thread. I know that many people have thoughts and questions about the topic of religion - and having a respectful thread about it at GMC is a good idea!

However I am not that impressed by the behavior of some people in here. Anyone posting in a thread such as this one should do it in a careful manner - otherwise you run a big risk of offending people.

I know that this is obvious to 99,9% of all GMC:ers - that's why I was surprised to see the nature of some posts in here.

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 13 2009, 06:56 PM) *
I understand Steve, if I did offend anyone, my appologies... smile.gif

Great post! smile.gif It is far better to apologize to be safe rather than risking to offend/hurt people.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 13 2009, 06:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 13 2009, 12:51 PM) *
I understand Skenny, but we most probably both know that sometimes some people can be offended by almost anything.

This is true Marek. We hope that you guys trust us as to where to draw that line and can understand when we do so.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Oct 13 2009, 07:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 13 2009, 01:45 PM) *
This is true Marek. We hope that you guys trust us as to where to draw that line and can understand when we do so.

Nope. I'll do my own thinking thank you very much.

The crap pulled here today is exactly what I expect parents do. Speak up and you get punished.
Ill go find somewhere else where actual adults hangout and actually have open conversations.

Keep catering the site to the 11 year olds where that kind of moderating is needed.

Now you can ban me too like you just did to Jer who I still find no fault into what he was saying.
I guess that makes me just as guilty.

And Rated Htr, Dont ever apologize for your beliefs.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 13 2009, 07:02 PM
Instructor
I also appreciate discussion in this thread but yeah, we shouldn't react like some of us did,
topic is too personal after all.

Here's how it goes/went with me.
I was raised in some mixture of muslim and communist ideologies,
per example my dad was a member of communist party
while his mom (my grandmother) was going to mosque daily,
they NEVER had any issues with that which probably has something to do
with descent behavior, understanding etc.

I do know few prayers in arabic since that's how it's written in Kuran
but also it always somehow felt wrong to pray in a language I know nothing about.
And my natural thinking was : is there a point of praying on loud IF we think bad?
So I came to the spot when I do pray just for the sake of tradition, in a way,
I heavily believe that God (or anything else you believe its out there)
can read our souls like we read comics, piece of cake.

And finally, I try to avoid all groupings (religious) as much as I can,
during our history those groups made or caused too much evil
and I just can't stand being part of any.
I do believe in GOOD tho since I can do it daily,
name, color of the skin etc means nothing to me,
humans are tricky beings and we need to provide good
if we expect to receive good, that's what I believe in. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 13 2009, 07:08 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Oct 13 2009, 02:02 PM) *
Ill go find somewhere else where actual adults hangout and actually have open conversations.

You do that.. wink.gif Obviously GMC is not the place for you anyway with that kind of thinking. There are young people here and GMC will respect that.

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 13 2009, 07:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Oct 13 2009, 08:02 PM) *

He didn't wink.gif There is nothing wrong with apologizing when you unintentionally hurt someones feelings smile.gif

This post has been edited by Skalde: Oct 13 2009, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
grathan
Oct 13 2009, 07:10 PM
GMC:er
I like how the world stops and communities come together on Sunday mornings. Unfortunately it's only the meek that gather.

PSA: Sorry if you've been offended by reading this post.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 13 2009, 07:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Oct 13 2009, 08:02 PM) *
Keep catering the site to the 11 year olds where that kind of moderating is needed.

Now you can ban me too like you just did to Jer who I still find no fault into what he was saying.
I guess that makes me just as guilty.

We do have young people here and we mind them and we don't care to support bad attitude towards our fellow beings when a discussion can be held without for example calling someones belifs ridiciolus. Which is just one example.
If you care to put people down and use bad language there are plenty of other forums where that's allowed.

About Jer, you think you know what he was saying but you only know what you have seen in the forum. I guess he's ashamed to confess the rest to you.

If you care to get banned that will happen if you publicly keep questioning how we moderate the forum. Just go ahead!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 13 2009, 07:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Instead of arguing in such manner on this topic, maybe open a new topic concerning the moderation of the forum, and let members discuss about what they like and what they would like to be changed. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that the way the forum is moderated should be as similar to what members would like as possible. After all members are the most important part of any community.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 13 2009, 07:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (grathan @ Oct 13 2009, 02:10 PM) *
I like how the world stops and communities come together on Sunday mornings. Unfortunately it's only the meek that gather.

PSA: Sorry if you've been offended by reading this post.

About this, two thoughts:

1) Wasn't the original sabbath day saturday? I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the day was changed by a roman emperor (perhaps constantine) for some reason or other (control). I know it probably doesn't matter much as to which day of all of them that people gather, it's "the thought that counts" but it seems very ambiguous. If these 'little details' are not important, why do they exist? This is one of the things that bothers me about religion, there is much inconsistency and contradiction, even in basic tenants.

2) Certainly not all over the world, but there are some ridiculous laws still about in the US and probably in other predominantly christian nations where there are restrictions on many things on sunday. Off the top of my head, the liquor store is closed on sunday here in NC. Seperation of church and state should be universal in a country as tolerant as the United States. Bugs me just a bit.

Not out to offend anyone wink.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 13 2009, 07:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 13 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Instead of arguing in such manner on this topic, maybe open a new topic concerning the moderation of the forum, and let members discuss about what they like and what they would like to be changed. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that the way the forum is moderated should be as similar to what members would like as possible. After all members are the most important part of any community.

We have a clear plan of how moderating is done and the full contents can be found in the posting guidelines.
And to add we don't have any intention to call a vote for what should be changed and how it should be changed. Members vary and so does their sum of opinions, so we do have an ever changing mass of opinions on how the forum should be run.
All in all we're doing out best to keep this a friendly place for men and women from differet countires, different religions and different ages where the least common denomiator are children.

And we're pleased to see that almost all members care to follow the guidelines for use of language, after all it's easy for us adults and young adults in their late teens to adjust to withhold a civil language, for the kids.

+Quote Post
browq
Oct 13 2009, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
Actually, "The Universe" is a popular science show. Like all popular science it's full of lies and missunderstandings, so I'm afraid you're wrong there, it's FAR from a good scource. Nevertheless, I read something about it during physics in school a few years back and it is a popular theory so I suppose it's the fact that I accept as true for the moment.

And on topic, I'm agnostic.

Well i definitely disagree with you here. Oke, They try to explain complicated phisics stuff to the the "common" people such as myself. So, somethimes thing can get misinterpreted. But i really believe that 90 to 95 % of all things mentioned there are true. Because of the simple fact that all the people in that show are certified scientist in there own field of expertise. Do you really think they would ruin there own reputation by spreading lies? I don't think so. Ofcourse "the universe" should not be the only source where you should draw you conclusions from. I agree. But saying stuff like "there telling lies" you gotta have something to back up such a bold statement. Give me 2 examples or subject or statements they make that aren't true. I just completely disagree with you here

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 13 2009, 07:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Just so I understand the situation, not wanting to undermine or offend anyone, have there been inappropriate posts that have been deleted by the moderation team?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 13 2009, 07:50 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Oct 13 2009, 07:02 PM) *

I didn't. There's a difference between ofending people and thinking they are wrong.

I wrote a huge post but the connection fell and I don't feel like writing it again so I'm just gonna say, close the topic, instead of making more troubles. People, don't you forget why you're here, to play guitar, to love music not to argue about a theme such as God and stuff.

One one hand, I still feel like people shouldn't get offended if others have other theories.

One the other hand, I don't believe people should get banned for exposing their anti-beliefs.

So, to be fair, close the topic.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Oct 13 2009, 08:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
To be honest I really don't see why Jer got banned. We all know that this site is HEAVILY moderated. With that in thought in mind I am wondering why a topic such as this would even be allowed to stay open and was not immediately shut down. Silly to ban a good contributor to this site and good person in general (Jer) just for stating his beliefs.........

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 13 2009, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Oct 13 2009, 03:05 PM) *
To be honest I really don't see why Jer got banned. We all know that this site is HEAVILY moderated. With that in thought in mind I am wondering why a topic such as this would even be allowed to stay open and was not immediately shut down. Silly to ban a good contributor to this site and good person in general (Jer) just for stating his beliefs.........

Monte, Jer was not banned for comments he made publicly, and you right, thread probably should be closed which I will do now.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:23 PM