A Comfortable Chair
Vaidya
Feb 29 2012, 10:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys
I've been planning to buy a comfortable computer chair for a while.But I dont know what exactly I should be looking for.
I'm looking for one which doesnt have arms so that I can sit on it and play guitar.I'll be sitting on the chair through the day and it has to be comfortable as I already suffer from a back problem.

Any suggestions? Anything I should look for in particular?

Thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 29 2012, 08:05 PM
Instructor
It's hard to find a good quality comfortable chair without arm rests, and with a proper back support. They are usually followed with a proper price tag. Dunno, you should sweep the furniture companies, and see what you can tryout in person.

From my own experience: Chair is only half of the job done. Proper sitting is very much needed. You should keep yourself in the pose all the time, and stand up from chair every half an hour to stretch your legs and work the muscles a bit. It will keep you healthy. Morning exercises are much welcomed here too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 29 2012, 08:15 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 29 2012, 03:05 PM) *
It's hard to find a good quality comfortable chair without arm rests, and with a proper back support. They are usually followed with a proper price tag. Dunno, you should sweep the furniture companies, and see what you can tryout in person.

From my own experience: Chair is only half of the job done. Proper sitting is very much needed. You should keep yourself in the pose all the time, and stand up from chair every half an hour to stretch your legs and work the muscles a bit. It will keep you healthy. Morning exercises are much welcomed here too.

Ivan you are not kidding. I had one that lasted for 3 years bought the same chair it lasted 3 weeks, leaned back the entire back snapped off. I got one from my doctor he was just going to throw some chairs out, it lasted quite a few years. I had to get rid of it tho, the seat cover was cracking.

Chair shopping is just like guitar shopping you pretty much have to sit in a ton of chairs because certain ones will feel better than others. The chair your looking for is known as a task chair. I personally enjoy big and tall chairs, because they seem roomier and also I feel safer in them due to a higher weight limit.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 PM