Guitarx Mtp Thread, June
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 09:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Michael! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your introduction.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 10:54 PM
Instructor
hi man, as you told me in the intro-thread, one of the things you want to improve is your alternate picking. so, I think this lesson gonna help us. for you, here you have all alternate picking and using all fingers. for me, it will let me know about your current level, technique, timing and intonation.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

I will add the BT asap smile.gif

Assignment 1
Warming-up
Final Take for REC Program
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 17 2010, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 3 2010, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 3 2010, 09:54 PM) *
hi man, as you told me in the intro-thread, one of the things you want to improve is your alternate picking. so, I think this lesson gonna help us. for you, here you have all alternate picking and using all fingers. for me, it will let me know about your current level, technique, timing and intonation.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

I will add the BT asap smile.gif

Assignment 1
Warming-up
Final Take for REC Program

sure, sounds good
any time goal for assignment 1?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 11:09 PM
Instructor
if you are talking about a dead-line, it's about a week or so, if you get it before, it's ok too.

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 3 2010, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 3 2010, 10:09 PM) *
if you are talking about a dead-line, it's about a week or so, if you get it before, it's ok too.

ill make sure i post a video in max 7 days so you'll see what i do with this lesson in 7 days
good to have you as teacher smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2010, 05:39 PM
Instructor
good to have you as student man! have fun smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 06:29 PM
Instructor
how is it going man? no rush from me, just I wanted to know... smile.gif

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 11 2010, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 9 2010, 05:29 PM) *
how is it going man? no rush from me, just I wanted to know... smile.gif

It's going ok
hardest part for me is shape 3 around frets 12-14-16
but its possible,
wanted to upload my video yesterday but i didnt had the opportunity to video myself coz other guys in this house were busy in the same room
uploading my video now on youtube should take some more minutes
made 1 clearly mistakes in the second pattern i hit a wrong snare you'll notice that
i practiced it every day like 4-7times

This post has been edited by guitarX: Jun 11 2010, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 12 2010, 10:19 PM
so what you think man ohmy.gif
cheers

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2010, 10:57 PM
Instructor
very cool take man! smile.gif and awesome close up of your pick XD!

the lesson went well man, it was a great take!
you noticed one of the main problems, that 3 shape needs a bit more of work, so keep practising this daily and don't forget to stretch your finger after a while of practice.
the other problem I see is timing. you are slowly losing the tempo and, at the end, you are completely out of it. pay attention that the bt in your vid is finishing before you.
I think this time you may feel your hands tired, I know the 3rd shape may be harder.
so, keep the tempo always! it's really important, fingers will do its part in time, but timing must be present from the very first day.

beside this problems, the take was good. your fingers look cool and your right hand is moving great too.
on this I suggest you to pay a little bit more palm muting on this kind of exercises to block unwanted noises.

I will post your next assignment asap.

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 16 2010, 11:07 AM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 15 2010, 09:57 PM) *
very cool take man! smile.gif and awesome close up of your pick XD!

the lesson went well man, it was a great take!
you noticed one of the main problems, that 3 shape needs a bit more of work, so keep practising this daily and don't forget to stretch your finger after a while of practice.
the other problem I see is timing. you are slowly losing the tempo and, at the end, you are completely out of it. pay attention that the bt in your vid is finishing before you.
I think this time you may feel your hands tired, I know the 3rd shape may be harder.
so, keep the tempo always! it's really important, fingers will do its part in time, but timing must be present from the very first day.

beside this problems, the take was good. your fingers look cool and your right hand is moving great too.
on this I suggest you to pay a little bit more palm muting on this kind of exercises to block unwanted noises.

I will post your next assignment asap.

kk ty i won't stop playing this 1
i have to work on speed and keep it constant
cya soon

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 06:16 PM
Instructor

here we are with the next assignment!

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/

I don't know if this lesson is over your current level or not, so, I'm not asking you for this lesson at full speed.
just learn it and find a tempo you feel comfortable to play along.
we just need to focused on alternate picking.

have fun practising!

btw, I added your final take above... keep practising it, you'll have to record it at the end of this june-phase.

Lian

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 24 2010, 07:07 PM
Instructor
how is it going man? need any help?

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 27 2010, 12:44 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 24 2010, 06:07 PM) *
how is it going man? need any help?

its going ok i think i upload the alternate neoclas lesson tomorrow
never used sweep picking before ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 28 2010, 12:48 PM

this is it man tongue.gif
played it at 80 bmp

+Quote Post
guitarX
Jun 28 2010, 07:28 PM
sorry for the awfull quality of sound

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2010, 06:04 PM
Instructor
very good take man!!! yeah, quality is awful XD but I can hear enough and also I see your fingers.
if you are able to do a new take of this lesson at the same speed, but putting the guitar line lauder would be very useful. it's not necessary to make a vid, just an audio take will work.

this gonna be your next assignment.

Assignment 3
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...k-solo-beginner/

so, if you are not able to re-do a take on the previous assignment, keep practising it beside this new one.
in this way, you will be working on 2 important things: timing/alternate picking with the previous one, and feeling and dynamics and this last one.

have fun man!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 05:39 PM
Instructor
is everything ok there man? need any help?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 31 2010, 04:44 PM
Instructor
bump*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:11 PM