Bogner Paf Pickups
Mertay
Oct 18 2014, 09:26 AM
GMC:er
These days I feel the only people who aren't making pickups are you and me biggrin.gif

I do love Bogner amps though, never owned one but every demo I hear the tones are amazing. I think not long ago they released some pedals but pickups are interesting for an amp company.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 18 2014, 09:27 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Oct 18 2014, 11:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think it has to do with the low cost of materials to the high price of high end pickups. Like honestly how much does a pickup cost to manufacturer when you buy everything in massive bulk and how much does it sell for.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 18 2014, 03:05 PM
QUOTE (Mith @ Oct 18 2014, 10:04 AM) *
I think it has to do with the low cost of materials to the high price of high end pickups. Like honestly how much does a pickup cost to manufacturer when you buy everything in massive bulk and how much does it sell for.

True, strew mac and many other places sell the parts and winding machine rest is I guess experimenting: http://www.stewmac.com/

To be fair though R&D isn't easy, it took me months to fully understand my pickups as I mod.ed them. Each change in placement affected the sound but considering the change better or worse does take time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2014, 03:08 AM
You can buy the parts for a pair o humbuckers for $60 and a spool of wire for about that much. So about $100 and change you can have the parts to make a couple pickups. But like mertay says, the devil is in the details smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 18 2014, 10:05 AM) *
True, strew mac and many other places sell the parts and winding machine rest is I guess experimenting: http://www.stewmac.com/

To be fair though R&D isn't easy, it took me months to fully understand my pickups as I mod.ed them. Each change in placement affected the sound but considering the change better or worse does take time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:48 PM