Friend Got A Mesa
Mertay
Nov 5 2016, 07:55 PM
GMC:er
A close friend of mine and I met at the music store yesterday to checkout some gear then hang out. My friend has been wanting a Mesa Mark V for a long time.

We had our chat and (again) my friend check out some new Mesa amps there. First time I had a quality time with a Rectifier, the distortion is awesome but as for the cleans and lighter breakup I can't say it very flexable. They had a mark V head with a 4x12 cab. , it sounded amazing when volume was higher but even in that big space it was just too loud.

We left, hang out then was returning to the car and just to say goodbye to the store sales guy who's our friend we entered again. The sales guy said just before we arrived many gear had a price decrease. My friend simply asked if he could get him to talk to the manager to see if he could decrease a Mark V combo's price, the manager was helpful (like %40!!!) and we got out of there with a Mesa combo!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/elect...five/index.html

First thing, its heavy! it comes with attachable wheels that makes moving around easy but still it was probably the most heavy combo I every carried smile.gif

Eack channel has a 10w mode, was perfect for home levels and sounded better to me than expected. The amp over has a lot of attack (in your face type sound) so the low wattage compression is really a no big deal compared to other amps I tried till now.

We also invited the store sales guy as the the store was closing, he was so nice setting the amp at my friends home and explaining the amp. We jammed, cooked food and chatted was a really fun friday night smile.gif

I played it a lot but the damn thing is so versatile still don't feel I totally got the hang of it (there is even a fan open/close switch behind it biggrin.gif ) but let me know if anyone would like to ask or want me to try, I'll probably visit my friend again in a week or two.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 5 2016, 08:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:42 AM