Solo Contruction, Advice on improv soloing
Narzsa
Jul 27 2011, 01:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

Im after a bit of advice on solo construction. I'm finding it difficult to write flowing solos that incorporate melodies and runs. Im usually able to discern the scale to use over the backing track and work out some melodies, but to then switch naturally into runs is proving difficult. I have learned from a number of lessons on here a number of techniques and can complete them at speed, but its the transitions im having difficulty with which prevent me from just jamming away and throwing in a run seamlessly

Do you have any advice on the matter at all? Or any lessons that would prove beneficial for me?
I manly focus on playing modes from the major scale, and my play style is inclined towards thrash metal, with backing tracks ranging from steady chord progression to fast aggressive rifts.

I really want to get to a point where i can just improvise a solo whilst jamming with my band

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:46 PM