Oh Woe Is Me :(, long post ahead, enter with caution.
rokchik
Oct 6 2008, 11:10 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hello GMC,

As some of you may be aware, this past weekend was suppose to be a big one for me. I went to St. John's, Newfoundland to see Elton John and also to pick up my new baby boy, a PRS Mark Tremonti Sig model. (see HERE for more info on the topic) well here is where my sad tale starts....

So last Thursday morning I leave for St. John's, NL. Now I flew on air miles so I ended up haveing to travel through Halifax, NS. While there waiting for my connection the fog roles in and I'm delayed. When I arrive in St. John's it's too late to go to the guitar store to pick up my new boy so I have to wait until Friday... what's another day right, I've been waiting like 2 months so one more night won't kill me right? Oh but you'd be wrong....

So Friday comes, I have a lot of shopping to do, I live in the boonies where we have no shopping (I'm sure you can see my dilema, as a women and nowhere to shop I tend to go overboard when I do get to the city wink.gif ) And with a schedule to maintain as the concert was at 8 and supper at 5, I decide to leave the guitar store for last, figuring it's best not to have an expensive guitar in the vehicle all day begging to be stolen and also driving me nuts to go and play. But I'll skip all my details of how wonderful Costco is and how I went completely nuts at HMV and jump right to the heart of the matter... the guitar store.

Now, I'll leave out the name of the store and the idiots, I mean employees, who I dealt with and I'll do my best to keep things as "G" rated as possible... So picture me, all happy and excited pulling into the parking lot of this guitar shop. Haven't been in one in about 8 months, I could almost smell the acoustic room. My friend Sandra thinks I've lost all my marbles but I explain this was like buying a new pair of Manolo Blahniks to her and well she immediatley understood my excitement smile.gif My wallet is smoking a bit as my visa has been ran through more machines then I care to count and my debit card is virtually melted, but I have one more very important purchase, well two as I still had to go to the beer store wink.gif I walk in and see my trusty salesman, who I deal with all the time, and well I could tell from his face that something was not quite right.

He has a deer in headlights look about him, and well that is never good. I'm at the counter waiting for him to finish ringing in his costumer, and I notice he's really sweating. When he's done he sheepishly comes over, me in all my excitement askes where my new boy is and he seriously looks like he just wants to dig a hole and bury himself in it. He begins to give me this sob story about how when I called, like 2 months ago, he never personnally ordered the guitar. He wrote it all down and gave it to some new guy as he was not going to be in the next day to make the call. When my guy came in again he inquired about the order and new guy said it was done but the guitar was on back order however it should be in by my arrival in October. I said I new all that and just wanted to see my new baby boy... my guy continued... a week ago when they called to tell me my guitar was in my guy was on vacation, so he never noticed the MIX UP, until Thursday and he could not reach me as I was travelling. MIX UP????? What "insert curse word here" MIX UP???? He explained that apparently the new guy couldn't read, or is just plain dumb, take your pick, and instead of ordering the $3500 model (I was getting a deal smile.gif ) he ordered in the $700 SE model ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif This is where I got my pale face blank look and said "WHAT?" He repeated, and I think my heart actually stopped for a second or two. I couldn't believe it. I waited for like 2 months, been counting down to when I got to pick it up and they ordered the wrong flipping guitar. I was fuming, but I bit my tongue and asked when he could get the right one in, this is when he gave me more good news.

When he realized the error he called his distributor to order the right one, just in case I still wanted to do business with them. Apparently they can not get one for me. He called other stores in his chain across the country and no one had one he could have shipped in... aaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I was soooo mad. I wanted to punch someone. So here I thought I had been so smart in arranging this pick up only to get kicked in the gut. He apologized up and down and offered to sell me whatever I wanted in the store at a most amazing deal, but I just couldn't stomach it. I left, still pretty much in shock and headed to another guitar shop I knew of in town... they don't sell PRS. They told me of another, they can't get a MT sig either. By this time I'm pulling my hair out but we have to go and get ready for supper and the concert... I even forgot to go to the beer store I was so upset.

On a better note the concert was amazing (I'm doing a review), and then we went to O'Reilly's, an Irish Pub, where the Punters where playing and they were also amazing. On Saturday I searched the internet looking for my guitar, and am no better off I am sad to report. The places in the US I found won't ship PRS to Canada, the places I found in Canada tried to rob me blind with the price... mostly for shipping to a remote area. So here I sit with no new guitar, a very horse voice, and money that is burning a hole in my pocket. Well I guess the money thing isn't bad but I'd rather have the guitar.

I know there are greater things in life to worry about, but I was so looking forward to this guitar. And who likes being disappointed? I'm still on the hunt for my guitar... still a few places to call so all hope is not lost... just taking longer I guess. I really hate bad shopping experiences sad.gif

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- rokchik   Oh Woe Is Me :(   Oct 6 2008, 11:10 PM
- - Fsgdjv   Wow that sucks. I don't know what I'd do i...   Oct 6 2008, 11:19 PM
- - audiopaal   Wow, that's awful Hopefully you'll get yo...   Oct 6 2008, 11:26 PM
- - skennington   Dang Rok, that sucks big time! If you can find...   Oct 6 2008, 11:33 PM
|- - rokchik   QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 6 2008, 07:33 PM...   Oct 6 2008, 11:39 PM
|- - MickeM   QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 7 2008, 12:39 AM) re...   Oct 6 2008, 11:40 PM
|- - skennington   QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 6 2008, 06:39 PM) Th...   Oct 6 2008, 11:57 PM
nnn
nnn
- - MickeM   I can't even imagine the disappointment Grea...   Oct 6 2008, 11:39 PM
- - Guitarman700   That REALLY sucks. i might not have handled it so ...   Oct 6 2008, 11:39 PM
- - ZakkWylde   I would have bought something of the store in my f...   Oct 6 2008, 11:40 PM
- - Smells   Rok!! NO!! omg I`m with M...   Oct 6 2008, 11:47 PM
- - IDontWantMyUsername   Wow, that's terrible Well, I hope you find a...   Oct 7 2008, 12:06 AM
|- - Muris Varajic   Crap.those stores are really sh***   Oct 7 2008, 12:44 AM
nnn
- - g-forcelover   I would of beat that guy over the head with a les ...   Oct 7 2008, 12:47 AM
- - Canis   Wow... Now I feel bad about telling you how many s...   Oct 7 2008, 12:48 AM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   There ... are ... no ... words .... I'd offer...   Oct 7 2008, 01:37 AM
|- - rokchik   QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 6 2008, 09:3...   Oct 7 2008, 01:59 AM
nnn
nnn
- - FrankW   That had to be excruciating, waiting all that time...   Oct 7 2008, 01:50 AM
- - SensE   That salesman is an idiot. I fully understood the ...   Oct 7 2008, 02:46 AM
- - -Zion-   wow.. that totally sucks.. sorry.. i really hop...   Oct 7 2008, 10:25 AM
- - OrganisedConfusion   I'd have exploded lol. I hate guitar shops. Mo...   Oct 7 2008, 10:27 AM
- - Bondy   Open mouthed absolutely gutted for ya I know the e...   Oct 7 2008, 10:32 AM
- - superize   It is never fun when this happens.... You wait an...   Oct 7 2008, 11:03 AM
- - Nemanja Filipovic   OMG,so sorry to hear the news.I hope you resolve y...   Oct 7 2008, 11:33 AM
- - Rated Htr   Hope that guy got fired -.- Really sucks man, ho...   Oct 7 2008, 11:53 AM
- - botoxfox   RE: Oh Woe Is Me :(   Oct 7 2008, 01:24 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   I can only imagine how you felt in the store, that...   Oct 7 2008, 09:55 PM
- - Fran   OMG Rok That totally sucks, I can't believe...   Oct 7 2008, 10:49 PM
- - rokchik   Thanks everyone for your kind words and support O...   Oct 9 2008, 09:18 PM
- - Fran   Awesome news Rok!! I told you you'd ge...   Oct 9 2008, 09:34 PM
|- - rokchik   QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 9 2008, 05:34 PM) Aweso...   Oct 9 2008, 09:39 PM
|- - dango   Hi rokchik I am sorry to hear your bad news but I ...   Oct 10 2008, 11:05 AM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   Fingers crossed here ...   Oct 10 2008, 03:57 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - -Zion-   QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 9 2008, 10:39 PM) Bu...   Oct 9 2008, 09:41 PM
- - sidewas lightning   that just sucks. now other way to put it. That...   Oct 9 2008, 10:02 PM
- - skennington   Thats great rok! Certainly hope everything wor...   Oct 9 2008, 10:22 PM
- - blindwillie   I can feel your pain   Oct 10 2008, 10:47 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:53 PM