Going To Buy A New Bassamp, Suggestion or recommondations wanted
mhskeide
Jun 4 2009, 04:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Howdy guys

Besides being a guitar player, I`m also a bass player! I sold my crappy behringer bass amp this winter, for some stupid reasons tongue.gif

Anyways, I need another one now. I am not too demanding on the specs. I`m a rock bassist, so my tone can be anything from dirty and midboosted to more soft and mellow. I also have a MXR M-80 which even made my behringer sound nice.

The amp will mostly be used with the band and on gigs, so it need some volume!

I also want to use it in my bedroom to practise sometimes, and here is the tricky part: I`m playing much more guitar than bass, and taken to consideration that my room is small, I need the space available for my guitar amp. So I thought of buying a stack/halfstack, where the head has a input for headphones so I don`t need a cabinet in my room. The other option is to buy a large combo (or head without phones), because then I would have to sit in another room anyways tongue.gif

I`ve thought of the Fender Bassman 250 (http://www.justplaymusic.com/images/P/bassman250.jpg), and maybe a cheaper cab to start with. At the combo side, I`ve looked at the classic Ampeg BA115.

I`m planning to spend around 4000 NOK on the amp, max around 6000 NOK. (700$-1000$ / 500-800€)

Any suggestion is appreciated:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 4 2009, 06:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
YOU HAVE TO RAISE YOUR BUDGET TO 1000€ !!!!!!

There is an incredible sale-action going on by Ampeg! They will sell their stv4pro head and a 4x10 cab for 999€ - Note that the head alone costs 1300€ in retail and the cab costs 780€ = 2100€ if you buy them alone but only 1k if you buy the set!!!!

This incredible sale will only last a short period of time so be sure not to miss this opportunity; my bands bassplayer instantly ordered the set and another bassist I know bought it too!

http://www.thomann.de/de/ampeg_svt4pro_svt410hlf.htm

Thomann will deliver in all of Europe. You get a 1000watt halfstack for an incredible price!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 5 2009, 08:42 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The only bad thing about that Zakk ist that you have to pay 25% tax when it arrives to norway sad.gif
So a 1000 Euro amp, will be a 1250 Euro amp here in Norway...

But the new TC Electronic bass head looks very promising smile.gif

But IF you can afford the Ampeg that Zakk talked about, GO FOR IT biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 5 2009, 09:16 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
They have a pretty similar sale on www.sound1.no . It`s an enourmous Ampeg stack as well, just with a SVT450 head instead of the rackhead....but I suspect it`s a bit to expensive

I`m not to demanding as I`ve already said, so my idea for a "massive-looking" stack is the fender (or another head) and add it up with a 4*10 behringer cab, looks killer and actually has bugera speakers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 5 2009, 11:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
The diffrence in tone and quality between the behringer box and the ampeg cab is HUGE (Bugera is a sub-brand of behringer so nothing special there)...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jun 5 2009, 01:21 PM
Instructor
I am not a bass player but I know that every bassist told me that Trace Elliot is the best bass amp. I am not sure about their prices though.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 5 2009, 01:22 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jun 5 2009, 02:21 PM) *
I am not a bass player but I know that every bassist told me that Trace Elliot is the best bass amp. I am not sure about their prices though.

Yeah, all the bassplayers I know use either Ampeg or Trace Elliot smile.gif
Both are supposed to be awesome.

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 5 2009, 04:24 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Ampeg is a classic, and Trace Elliot is good stuff as well! But even though it`s my main band, I`m very little demanding on my tone, so it doesn`t have to be so expensive. Ampeg has some affordable models, but TE is above my budget. I`ve also been checking out Warwick and the backline series from Gallien & krueger.

And Zakk: I always mix up bogner and bugera, their names look a bit the same tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 6 2009, 03:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here are my suggestions :

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...Head?sku=360819

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...fier?sku=481822 (there is a lower power version of this awesome head which is much cheaper then this one in the link).

+

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...Cab.?sku=481819

Regarding combo :

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...-Amp?sku=488216

Eden amps are great and very high quality. You can dial in any sound you want with them, from Rock to Hi Fi Slap sound. If you can, try out some of these amps I mentioned to see if you like their sound.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jun 6 2009, 03:36 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 6 2009, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Possibly check this one, it'sTrace Elliot 715

These amplifiers offer the user four footswitchable features; pre-shape (for that classic Trace Elliot sound), 7-band classic Trace Elliot graphic equalizer, compressor with self-adjusting program dependant attack/release times, and an output mute (mutes all outputs except tuner out). Other features included in this box of tricks are a series effects loop, electronically balanced XLR DI output selectable pre/post preamp and a highly efficient output stage using MOSFET technology.

The 715 Combo Amp
The Trace Elliot 715 is a combo amplifier with a 15" specially designed Celestion speaker and high-frequency tweeter that uses a 7-band preamp and a 200W power stage. Despite its compact size this cabinet has been tuned to 42Hz for superb low frequency reproduction from such a small package.

Should be a great buy for 1000$. It's a professional amp, the sound is legendary, and definitely a good investment.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:05 PM