Fender Highway one
Boggi
Jan 11 2007, 06:46 AM
GMC:er
Hey.

Im gonna buy a Fender highway one. But I want it from America. Can someone tell me where this guitar is built ?

Thomann

Or can someone prefer me another fender ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
MickeM
Jan 11 2007, 07:57 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I was under the impression the Highway One was made in the USA but I could be wrong.

If you order from internet be aware that there's an upgraded version of that model from -06 and that you specify which one you want otherwise they will send you what the want to get rid of in stock. Call the company and ask where it's made to be certain. Which is better? Just a matter of taste I guess. Try to find a Fender forum and see if it's been discussed.

There's also different pickup setups, instead of the more common strat SSS setup there's a HSS which I find more pleasant... but that's only because I almost exclusively play humbuckers. wink.gif

For those who don't know about the pickups, S=Singlecoil and H=Humbucker
This HSS make a Humbucker pu in the bride position, Singlecoil pu in the middle and Singlecoil pu in the neck position.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Boggi
Jan 11 2007, 08:16 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 11 2007, 06:57 AM) *
I was under the impression the Highway One was made in the USA but I could be wrong.

If you order from internet be aware that there's an upgraded version of that model from -06 and that you specify which one you want otherwise they will send you what the want to get rid of in stock. Call the company and ask where it's made to be certain. Which is better? Just a matter of taste I guess. Try to find a Fender forum and see if it's been discussed.

There's also different pickup setups, instead of the more common strat SSS setup there's a HSS which I find more pleasant... but that's only because I almost exclusively play humbuckers. wink.gif
For those who don't know about the pickups, S=Singlecoil and H=Humbucker
This HSS make a Humbucker pu in the bride position, Singlecoil pu in the middle and Singlecoil pu in the neck position.

My guitar teacher said, I should not buy the guitar if it´s made in Mexico or Korea I think it was. Have heard much good about the new highway one´s, and they are not very expensive.
I have a gibson les paul with too Humbucker, and I think its too dark sound. And the new Highway one´s work very well with high distorsion.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 11 2007, 09:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Boggi @ Jan 11 2007, 08:16 AM) *
My guitar teacher said, I should not buy the guitar if it´s made in Mexico or Korea I think it was.

Probably your guitar teacher is updated on where's the quality guitars are made and where they have issues. Me on the other hand wouldn't be so afraid of getting one from Mexico or Korea as long as it plays well.

At one time some years ago USA Fenders quality hit rock bottom while you could get a Japan made Squire that was sooo sweet. You can still find these Japan made Squires sold, second hand of course, for no money at all. Probably the sellers have no idea they are selling a high quality guitar but just compare the price with new made Squires from China.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 11 2007, 10:58 AM
Highway Ones are made in America http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?...bcat=highwayone , they are supposed to be the budget American guitars.
But I heard the quality on those is hit or miss, so you may want to save more money to get a Deluxe or American series. Or you may want to wait till all the new guitar models are announced.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM