Hmm..., Sorry if it gets too emotional : P
Molgan
Jun 16 2009, 02:04 AM
GMC:er
Hi! I can't really belive it's three years ago I wrote or visited this site. God I still remember the time of freelicks.net, and when this site was not very large. Chris you really have made water to wine, it's really different in a very good way!

I don't want to sound too emotional, but the reason why I'm writing here is because im just starting to recover from a major depression. My last two years feels like a black hole, and of course that has left nothing the way it used to be. And most importantly its had a great impact on my guitar playing. I haven't quit totaly, but its just been so much less than before. And my creativity and will to learn new songs was practicly none at all in some periods.

Why im writing here and not talking to my psychiatrist and friends or family is because music and guitar playing is just such a big part of me as a person. And really none of my friends etc can understand that fully, couse none of them are musicians. The sad part as i feel is that i have missed two or maybe even three years of my life (im turning 19 this autum), and precius time for progress on my instument.

Now it kinda feels like it's too late for me to walk that path. Im still kind of question myself if it just was depression that made my feel that way towards playing, or if its just that its not really my thing at all. Now it feels like i am in a position from where i have to choose my future life. I just wanted to hear what fellow musicians think or maybe i just had to write down some of my thoughts.

Sorry for my english, never really got it down : P

Thank you for any reply, and take care all good people on GMC!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:28 PM